• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Shop!!! Start lists!!! I have my notebook full of my lists - what to pack, what to bring in carry on, things to do before I leave.

I bought a storage container that I'm filling up with toiletries, etc. so they are in one place when I pack.
Makes me smile every time i walk past!

View attachment 259664

Great idea of starting a storage container to put trip stuff! I got my Magical Express luggage tags a couple weeks ago and bought some sharpies for autographs and I'm afraid I'm going to lose them before the trip!

Great idea of starting a storage container to put trip stuff! I got my Magical Express luggage tags a couple weeks ago and bought some sharpies for autographs and I'm afraid I'm going to lose them before the trip!
You already got your DME yellow tags for an October trip? Wow, that doesn't usually happen until a couple weeks before arrival!

Well that sucks! Did you run this scenario by hiroMyhero and Mesa Boy on the FP thread? I seem to remember reading when everyone is linked on MDE that you can start making FPs even if they arrive after you. I kind of scan those posts though because they don't apply to my trip, so I might be wrong. Sorry!! Hope it all works out!
It seems to me that you are right about the window opening for all of the people in the group even if they have packages and arrive later. :)

You already got your DME yellow tags for an October trip? Wow, that doesn't usually happen until a couple weeks before arrival!

I'm glad you posted this. We haven't gotten any Mickey Mail since we booked last year besides our welcome packet! I feel like we used to get more...

It seems to me that you are right about the window opening for all of the people in the group even if they have packages and arrive later. :)

I wish that was the case but I checked last night - all of us with packages have the wording that states your tickets will be available when your package opens (something like that, on the 60 day mark). My sister who booked room only then bought hopper is the only one who's ticket is ready to go now. I also asked mesaboy and it was confirmed. :(

I wish that was the case but I checked last night - all of us with packages have the wording that states your tickets will be available when your package opens (something like that, on the 60 day mark). My sister who booked room only then bought hopper is the only one who's ticket is ready to go now. I also asked mesaboy and it was confirmed. :(

Sorry to hear this, hopefully it will work out, you never know? Try to just keep good thoughts that it will come together. :upsidedow

Now that I booked us in to AKL the last 3 days of the trip, I feel like my plan is coming together and am happy with how its all settled out. My BFF, Kenzie and I are doing a girls only trip for F&W, we are doing several events during the week.

Travel day – work all day then fly out at dinner time. Check in to All Star Movies, maybe Uber to Disney Springs or over to PORS to see Bob Jackson and get a drink or just head to bed.

Day 1 - Epcot 8:15am Garden Grill then head straight to Soarin’ the Living with the Land. Do some rides in FW and then head to FEA and in to world showcase starting with Margaritas in Mexico and hitting up a couple of the food booths.
Resort afternoon - About 4pm will head over to WL to look around and have a drink at Geyser Point, then over to the Poly to relax at the Tambu Lounge and Trader Sam’s for a few drinks.
9pm we have an ADR for the California Grill and we will watch the fireworks from MNSSHP.
Fastpasses 9am Spaceship Earth
10am Journey in to Imagination
11am FEA

Day 2 – DHS Rope drop Rockin Roller Coaster and we have a 11am ADR at Sci Fi Dine in. I’m hoping to score an Illuminations Fastpass after the morning at DHS, if I don’t, I’m not all that worried.
Fastpasses 9:30am Tower of Terror
10:30am TSMM
11:30am Star Tours
Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic - 5:30-9:30pm then over to Epcot to see Illuminations.

Day 3 – Epcot – Rope drop Joy & Sadness and Baymax
Fastpasses 9am Character Spot
10am Test Track
11am Turtle Talk with Crush
12pm – 3:30pm French Family Meal Traditions at Monsieur Paul
Hang out at the World Showcase drinking and sampling some of the food booths, if we have room, watch Illuminations and stay until the 11pm close if we can make it. So sad Universe of Energy will be gone. :guilty:

Day 4 – MK – 8am BOG ADR then hopefully do both SDMT and Peter Pan, I don’t have to do SDMT, so might skip and do Peter Pan. Then head over to Tomorrowland and work our way over to Adventureland. This is an evening EMH night, so we will stay till close. After initial fastpasses, we will just go with whatever we can snag.
Fastpasses 10:30am Jungle Cruise
11:30am Pirates
12:30pm BTMRR
Currently I have 2 other ADR’s scheduled this day, still undecided about which to chose, 2:15pm@LTT or 4pm@ BOG. I am not sure I want to eat at BOG with all the other huge meals we have with F&W. Any opinions?

Day 5 – Check out of All Stars and move over to AKL!
DAK – AM EMH 8am rope drop FOP and N’avi River, then to the Safari. Then we will wander around take in the sights and just enjoy DAK, my favorite park. I will work our plans around if I get FOP or not and what time. Want to do Everest after dark and the safari again around sunset.
3:10pm ADR at Tiffins and we will end the evening seeing ROL.

Day 6 – sleep in a bit and enjoy AKL in the morning. Head over to Epcot about 10:30am, maybe Spaceship Earth on the way to world showcase
12pm-2:30pm Italian Food and Wine Pairing at Tutto Gusto
Not sure what we will do this afternoon and evening. So many options, Disney Springs? Stay in Epcot or maybe head back to DAK for the afternoon and evening.
We will probably do dinner at Jiko this evening, even its late.

Day 7 – sleep in a bit and enjoy AKL in the morning. Head over to Epcot about 10:30am
12pm-1:30pm Mexican Tequila Lunch at La Hacienda then maybe some tequila flights at La Cava. Kenzie wants to the do one of the Culinary demos this day, so she might do that at 2:30pm.
We will either stay at Epcot this evening or head over to MK if we want to do more rides. If we are too tired might head over to PORS to see Bob Jackson or just hang at AKL. I will make Fastpasses at MK this evening, just in case.

Day 8 - Boma@9am then head home about noon.

Once fastpasses are done the end of the month, I have to figure out the December trip for DH and I. :faint:
Sounds like a fun time! We too are doing the French Family meal and Italian Food and Wine Pairing and can't wait! Also planning Trader Sam's and La Cava as those are a tradition now! BTW, have you seen YeeHa Bob before and is it worth trying to get over there?

Slightly disappointed to find out that the California Grill menu on Disney's website is reading like it's buffet style now. Not sure if it's a glitch, but a poster pointed it out over on the restaurants forum - and indeed, they now have "stations" and no prices listed for most of the items.

Fingers crossed this is an error and gets resolved.

Slightly disappointed to find out that the California Grill menu on Disney's website is reading like it's buffet style now. Not sure if it's a glitch, but a poster pointed it out over on the restaurants forum - and indeed, they now have "stations" and no prices listed for most of the items.

They do have a brunch - were you looking at that menu by mistake? It's the default one.

Nope. The dinner menu - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/california-grill/menus/dinner/

Though I'm imagining it is just a glitch on Disney's part.

Oh my god. If they really made it a buffet I'm going to be pissed. I'm not using 2 dining credits for a buffet, we don't like them. Then I'd have to find a new dinner spot for 5 of us on our Sunday evening.

This trip....at this point I'm happy we aren't going back until 2021 or later....

Oh my god. If they really made it a buffet I'm going to be pissed. I'm not using 2 dining credits for a buffet, we don't like them. Then I'd have to find a new dinner spot for 5 of us on our Sunday evening.

This trip....at this point I'm happy we aren't going back until 2021 or later....

I did just get off the phone with someone from Disney, and even they sounded surprised and confused when I explained the menu change. So fingers crossed for us both

well, there's some speculation that there will be NO Star Wars dessert parties in November - just in case anyone else has dates that in that last week of October into the first few days of November. The last bookable date is Oct 31, and the JBJB dessert party and show start up on Nov 9. They apparently ARE planning to run the Star Wars show up until then, but no one seems to know if there will be dessert parties scheduled.

This upsets me, as last year, we really wanted to do the SW dessert party, and only a couple of weeks before our after-Thanksgiving trip, they pulled SW and substituted JBJB. While the dessert party for JBJB was great (!!), the show was less than mediocre. So this year, we decided to do a Halloween trip instead and thought we would be safe for the SW party....

So now, we're not sure if that will happen this year either, and I've heard that once the new Star Wars Land opens, the dessert parties will be a thing of the past. If the SW Dessert party doesn't happen for our dates, I can't see really any reason to visit HS at all with all the closures.

sigh. :sad2:

Hope this is not true this year....

Sounds like a fun time! We too are doing the French Family meal and Italian Food and Wine Pairing and can't wait! Also planning Trader Sam's and La Cava as those are a tradition now! BTW, have you seen YeeHa Bob before and is it worth trying to get over there?

I LOVE Bob! :lovestruc I try and make it over to see him each trip. And Lalonda at the bar, is great. You have some time in the schedule and can get over there, definitely do it. Its a great time.

I hope this isnt true, I do not want a buffet either. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to this model, maybe too many people are going to see the fireworks and are only order water and an app and sitting for a long time?

I hope this isnt true, I do not want a buffet either. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to this model, maybe too many people are going to see the fireworks and are only order water and an app and sitting for a long time?

If you look at the offerings, I'd be very surprised. The more likely explanation is that something probably happened with a template or their content management system. They probably figured no one would notice for a couple days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter