• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

If you look at the offerings, I'd be very surprised. The more likely explanation is that something probably happened with a template or their content management system. They probably figured no one would notice for a couple days.

I could see them doing something like they might do for brunch, or maybe a prix fixe menu, but full on buffet, no way.
You would think they would now people stalk their site though. :hyper: I'm sure the menu is going to change about 5 times before we all get there anyway.

There are individual prices listed next to two of the items, so this menu is not even self-consistent. My guess is they were trying to update the menu and got stuck somewhere in the middle.

I hope that's the case. I also hope the disappearance of the pork tenderloin w/goat cheese polenta (or "pork two ways") is a mistake... that's the only entree I've ordered there in the past 15 years... I'm jonesin' for it right now...

I could see them doing something like they might do for brunch, or maybe a prix fixe menu, but full on buffet, no way.
You would think they would now people stalk their site though. :hyper: I'm sure the menu is going to change about 5 times before we all get there anyway.

Yeah thats the only change I could see. That brunch is like 80 per adult before discounts and tax right? I can't imagine what a prix fixe might cost at dinner :scared:

So...we're not staying on property (WBC) and our fastpass day opens only 30 days before. Anyone know if FEA still a hard one to get??I'm hoping I have luck.

So...we're not staying on property (WBC) and our fastpass day opens only 30 days before. Anyone know if FEA still a hard one to get??I'm hoping I have luck.

We were able to get one 60 days out, and it appeared to have a ton of availablity (and we are going Columbus Day week). I think its hit or miss. Everyone is so pre-occupied with getting a FP for Pandora, that FEA is getting dropped to the side.
Thats just my opinion. :)

We were able to get one 60 days out, and it appeared to have a ton of availablity (and we are going Columbus Day week). I think its hit or miss. Everyone is so pre-occupied with getting a FP for Pandora, that FEA is getting dropped to the side.
Thats just my opinion. :)
That's what I was hoping!!!We got to ride it last year but it was a total fluke...as we were leaving the firework show a cast member came out announcing "frozen open no line if anyone wants to go on". With 4 little girls and no hope of riding all week because of the 3+ hour wait we literally ran as fast as we could to the doorway. I had to scoop my youngest who was sleeping in the stroller out so she wouldn't miss it. It was quite a treat!!!

This trip is turning out to be a real pain in my butt.
Now I can't make fast passes for all of us at once like I thought I could. People are arriving later, but since they have a package and not a separate ticket on it's own, I have to wait for each of their windows to open. I have to make fast passes on 3 different days. Forget getting FOP together, let alone at all for those of them with shorter trips.

I'm getting cranky and I don't get cranky, crap keeps going wrong.
When is your FP+ day? Did your family pay off their packages yet?

They could always drop the tickets from their packages, purchase separate ticket media, link it to MDE, and then you could book them with yours.

When is your FP+ day? Did your family pay off their packages yet?

They could always drop the tickets from their packages, purchase separate ticket media, link it to MDE, and then you could book them with yours.

Thanks but they aren't going to do all that! ;) We will deal.

well, there's some speculation that there will be NO Star Wars dessert parties in November - just in case anyone else has dates that in that last week of October into the first few days of November. The last bookable date is Oct 31, and the JBJB dessert party and show start up on Nov 9. They apparently ARE planning to run the Star Wars show up until then, but no one seems to know if there will be dessert parties scheduled.

This upsets me, as last year, we really wanted to do the SW dessert party, and only a couple of weeks before our after-Thanksgiving trip, they pulled SW and substituted JBJB. While the dessert party for JBJB was great (!!), the show was less than mediocre. So this year, we decided to do a Halloween trip instead and thought we would be safe for the SW party....

So now, we're not sure if that will happen this year either, and I've heard that once the new Star Wars Land opens, the dessert parties will be a thing of the past. If the SW Dessert party doesn't happen for our dates, I can't see really any reason to visit HS at all with all the closures.

sigh. :sad2:

Hope this is not true this year....
I don't think it's speculation, it's true (for now). SWAGS will be on hiatus from 11/9-12/14. At that time, both shows will occur nightly, along with 2 dessert parties.

I don't think it's speculation, it's true (for now). SWAGS will be on hiatus from 11/9-12/14. At that time, both shows will occur nightly, along with 2 dessert parties.
The dates I am talking about are November 1st thru the 8th. I know JBJB starts on the 9th, but the last bookable SWAGS dessert party is October 31, and will be returning mid-December .

The dates I am talking about are November 1st thru the 8th. I know JBJB starts on the 9th, but the last bookable SWAGS dessert party is October 31, and will be returning mid-December .
Oh! I haven't heard anything about them not taking place that first week??

I will be visiting Disney from October 19-24! :earsboy:

- Thursday, October 19th will be our travel day. After we arrive in Orlando and get checked into our hotel we then plan to spend the rest of our evening shopping and eating dinner at Universal CityWalk.
- On Friday we will be going to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Our first time going to the food and wine festival!
- On Saturday we will be spending the day touring the Disney World resorts. We plan to start our day at Animal Kingdom Lodge, from there we will drive to Grand Floridian. Then we will walk the pedestrian path from the Grand Floridian to the Polynesian and end our day there.
- On Sunday we will spend the morning relaxing at our hotel because at 3:45 pm we will be going to MNSSHP, for the first time ever!!!!!
- Itinerary for Monday is undecided at this point, we will likely decide on that day what we would like to do. Likely whether we want to go to another park or spend our day touring more Disney resorts.
- Tuesday we fly home after a successful trip to Disney World.

I will be visiting Disney from October 19-24! :earsboy:

- Thursday, October 19th will be our travel day. After we arrive in Orlando and get checked into our hotel we then plan to spend the rest of our evening shopping and eating dinner at Universal CityWalk.
- On Friday we will be going to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Our first time going to the food and wine festival!
- On Saturday we will be spending the day touring the Disney World resorts. We plan to start our day at Animal Kingdom Lodge, from there we will drive to Grand Floridian. Then we will walk the pedestrian path from the Grand Floridian to the Polynesian and end our day there.
- On Sunday we will spend the morning relaxing at our hotel because at 3:45 pm we will be going to MNSSHP, for the first time ever!!!!!
- Itinerary for Monday is undecided at this point, we will likely decide on that day what we would like to do. Likely whether we want to go to another park or spend our day touring more Disney resorts.
- Tuesday we fly home after a successful trip to Disney World.

I hope you have an awesome trip!!! :)

Got a email today saying our flight changed- no big deal- our second flight got moved up and we will get to DW earlier. Only thing I don't like is our flight home leaves earlier:sad1:

Last edited:
Got a email today saying our flight changed- no big deal- our second flight got moved up and we will get to DW earlier. Only thing I don't like is our flight home leaves earlier:(.

Ugh!!!! I'm so tired of that! My flights have been changed by over 2 hours twice! Now I'm so paranoid that I check my flight every morning to make sure it's still the same.

The airlines really got us, don't they? :(

I sure am glad I do not fly when I go to Disney.

I would be a total basket case if I were flying and my flight got changed over and over.

I sure am glad I do not fly when I go to Disney.

I would be a total basket case if I were flying and my flight got changed over and over.
Well, last year, this worked out for the best for us....they called us 75 days before our flight and asked if we would be interested in changing to an earlier flight - and gave us a $300 credit to use for a future ticket...we did, and we are using it this year! For us, the morning before our flight is somewhat wasted anyway, so taking an earlier flight (noon instead of 2 PM) worked out just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter