*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Owners list has been updated.
Looking forward to our 4th of July trip with fireworks!
My family owns 50 pts and just passed ROFR on another 25 pt contract.

List has been updated.

Now I am curious as to who owns the most points at DHHIR!

I own 2 small contracts: 25 and 50

We own 2 contracts also, totaling 150 points. Initially we bought 50 points, with plans to go every other year. Then they "reallocated" points (was that around 2010?) and we ended up needing a few more points. Somehow a "few more" became a 100 points.

Did Southwest's extension of their schedule today make it possible for anyone else to make DHHIR plans for Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Year's? We made reservations for our Thanksgiving trip. Is it time to pack yet?

My husband is NOT a Disney person and we have two small contracts for 50 (SSR) and 65 (OKW) points. After staying at HHI and loving it my husband okayed us getting a contract at HHI and we just got an accepted offer for 150 points. Now to sign contracts and head to ROFR. I cannot wait to be a HHI owner. We love it there!

Last edited:

My husband is NOT a Disney person and we have two small contracts for 50 (SSR) and 65 (OKW) points. After staying at HHI and loving it my husband okayed us getting a contract at HHI and we just got an accepted offer for 150 points. Now to sign contracts and head to ROFR. I cannot wait to be a HHI owner. We love it there!

My DH is also not much of a Disney person. What he really dislikes is all the planning involved. That's one reason he loves HHI-no planning involved.

We have sold about 1/3 of our DVC points, but still have two contracts at DHHIR totaling 350 points. We usually have about a 16 hour drive, but next year we are cutting that drive in half by moving to Tennessee.

Owners have been updated!
I see HHI may be getting some rough weather this week.:crazy2:
We will be there next week and look forward to our trip!:beach:

I see HHI may be getting some rough weather this week.:crazy2:

We will be there next week and look forward to our trip!
From the Island Packet, "Tropical Storm Danny made landfall near Pritchards Island, north of Hilton Head Island, just before 8 p.m. Monday, according to the National Hurricane Center.
The storm is expected to weaken as it moves inland. It is expected to move through east-central Georgia later Monday night and Tuesday morning."

I think HHI made it through this one ok. Hopefully the rest of the weather holds out. Be safe and have a nice trip!

In an update, TS Danny was just a wet event, no damage or even exceptional rainfall. However, Hurricane Elsa (as of this moment) is lashing the west coast of FL around Tampa Bay but should quickly downgrade to a TS as it heads inland toward GA and SC, more specifically aiming at HHI. Current forecasts show the worst of the system to be west of I-95, but significant rain and sustained winds will impact HHI beginning this evening (7th) through most of tomorrow.

Meanwhile, most things at the resort have returned to pre-Covid status. Both the pool table and the photo booth in Murgie's Den are available for use. Sorry, still not serving food or beverages in there. The campfires began a few days ago, though no B'Lou or Shadow--it is unknown when they'll return from their extended fishing trip. Shuffleboard is not an option as picnic tables w/umbrellas still sit there for guests to use. All the yard games are open including basketball which was the last one to come back. The penny press machine is still not available.

Fireworks are back on Tuesday nights (weather permitting), and Tide Me Over will remain open until 8 p.m. those nights. Both the Mercantile and Big Dipper pool are now open until 9 p.m. every night.

At the Beach House, there are better hours for Surfmen's Sand Bar. Technically, Signals is still not currently serving or seating anyone; however, much of their menu is available by ordering at Surfmen's, and the food will be delivered to you much like it is at Tide Me Over. Further, the public access window to Signals (which allows you to order food without entering the Beach House) is open. The Beach House hours are currently 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., but closing reportedly will change to 7 p.m. beginning this Sunday.

pirate:

If anyone is interested, I have posted a trip report of DHHIR from the 4th of July.
Great relaxing visit!

It appears that 4th of July is the busiest time to book at DHHIR.
I was able to book a studio for next year on the 4th of July yesterday, but today is appears all of the studios and grand villas are all booked for that date!

It appears that 4th of July is the busiest time to book at DHHIR.
I was able to book a studio for next year on the 4th of July yesterday, but today is appears all of the studios and grand villas are all booked for that date!
I noticed this morning that there was availability for a studio again for July 4.

Does anyone know which buildings at DHHIR have the grand villas?
I plan to update the information on the original post with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter