High school homecoming - how much will you spend and who pays for it?

Right!?! And get a load of those football fields. Can you even fathom a crowd of 3,000 - 6,000 spectators at a high school sport? :eek:

LOL exactly- the parents are stuck going to support their kid if they are on the team but no way would people who don't even have kids go out to sit there and watch kids they don't know playing high school football LOL- I would personally rather chew broken glass than sit through that.

LOL exactly- the parents are stuck going to support their kid if they are on the team but no way would people who don't even have kids go out to sit there and watch kids they don't know playing high school football LOL- I would personally rather chew broken glass than sit through that.
Homecoming, in many places, is also specifically designed as an occasion when alumni of the school are invited back to visit the old stomping grounds and reminisce. Alumni go to the football game and then have reunion parties over the weekend. Also, in a lot of rural areas, high school sporting events are considered good social occasions -- for everyone, not just teens.

Where I live now, they not only have high school homecoming events, they also have parish homecoming events at the various RC & Episcopal churches. Parochial schools are still very big here, and it's common for people to go & visit their grade schools with their own children if they have moved away. At the churches, the celebration usually involves a carnival (with rides) and a fish fry fundraiser.

Homecoming, in many places, is also specifically designed as an occasion when alumni of the school are invited back to visit the old stomping grounds and reminisce. Alumni go to the football game and then have reunion parties over the weekend. Also, in a lot of rural areas, high school sporting events are considered good social occasions -- for everyone, not just teens.

Where I live now, they not only have high school homecoming events, they also have parish homecoming events at the various RC & Episcopal churches. Parochial schools are still very big here, and it's common for people to go & visit their grade schools with their own children if they have moved away. At the churches, the celebration usually involves a carnival (with rides) and a fish fry fundraiser.
School year reunions here at least are almost always planned around Homecoming with the intent that you attend the football game and then there's a separate event. I can assume that the more elderly may not do the Homecoming game, that depends. This year is my school's 100th year so you better believe there will be a huge celebration.

That's typically dependent on the culture. If the area is big into football that usually brings out all of the community. Or as the PP said alumni often go to Homecoming. As far as parents on the team well there's also flag groups, ROTC, cheerleaders, and band that are common appearances as football games. NJROTC was fairly big at my school competing nationally for years and years winning a lot. They would go during games to perform from time to time.

Also considering the size of the school and the designed purpose. Some are built with the intent to host events from track and field to soccer and more.

That's typically dependent on the culture. If the area is big into football that usually brings out all of the community.

This is absolutely true!! I am from a small town in central KY where football is king. The whole town turns out for the games. If Halloween falls on a Friday, the town moves trick or treat to either Thursday or Saturday so it doesn't interfere with football.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter