Hollywood Studios Strategies

Prior to the pandemic, it was not necessary to do anything to "skirt security". Resorts were open and accessible to all. I don't see that Deluxe "perks" have changed - interior hallways, better dining options, nicer pools and easy access to 1 or more parks - still available.

I mixed two thoughts - To clarify, I hope Disney looks at reinstating perks for ALL resort guests. Right now no Magic Hours, no package delivery, etc. If there is park availability, perhaps allow park hopping for ALL resort guests. As far as “security skirting” - was if entry is restricted, not sure why there would be a need to try to get around it. I’m not trying to be controversial so apologies to anyone who thought otherwise. Very off topic now! 😐 Thanks to all for sharing your recent experiences on this and other threads.

Sleep

Edit /add :

I mean, people pay to have their TA wake up and do their FastPass reservations and ADRs for them. I can see it happening.
But those do not require the TA to have park reservations. Poor TA could theoretically have to keep a rolling DHS reservation (since APs only get 3 days at a time) every day to accomodate clients.

One benefit (or maybe drawback if enough people do it) I can see from this - say you are staying on-property. You could make park reservations for DHS every day, wake up day 1 @ 7a, don't get a BG, change your park reservation same day to MK, repeat until you get a BG.
I don't condone this of course. IMHO, one baby step away from "walking a reservation", but still, no reason why you couldn't.

Again i rhino this is being overblown, sure there will be the curious bunch that has a valid ticket, gets a dhs reservation ans tries ro get a bg at 7am, but those will be a small group

Nope no reason and I expect, within the parameters of availability, people will do this.

One benefit (or maybe drawback if enough people do it) I can see from this - say you are staying on-property. You could make park reservations for DHS every day, wake up day 1 @ 7a, don't get a BG, change your park reservation same day to MK, repeat until you get a BG.
I don't condone this of course. IMHO, one baby step away from "walking a reservation", but still, no reason why you couldn't.

Why would this be something worth “condoning” (or not)? I don’t see anything controversial or against any policy.

I see it as not a good strategy, though. Depending when they are going, they would risk being shut out of other parks, if they reach capacity. And how would you plan dining reservations?

Why would this be something worth “condoning” (or not)? I don’t see anything controversial or against any policy.

I see it as not a good strategy, though. Depending when they are going, they would risk being shut out of other parks, if they reach capacity. And how would you plan dining reservations?
It depends on your priorities, but using dining reservations as an example, it would be like making and holding 4 dining reservations until the last minute, then cancelling the 3 you don't end up using. That's going to lock people out of those 3 reservations. DHS fills up first by a good margin so if you are holding DHS park reservations for the full week up until the day you go you are keeping someone else from getting them. Yes, you won't be able to make dining reservations in advance but with the parks closing so early that's not the shiny penny it used to be either.

Disney posted a pretty cool Tower of Terror video a few weeks ago on youtube. Well worth viewing. It's nice to see they are trying to connect with fans. Doesn't seem to happen often.

I have no knowledge of the new process, but don‘t you need a park reservation to show you “entered“ the park before attempting to secure a BG, even though you’re not actually in the park. And wouldn’t this essentially lock you into that park for that day? Again, I’m not sure how Disney is approaching this.

I have no knowledge of the new process, but don‘t you need a park reservation to show you “entered“ the park before attempting to secure a BG, even though you’re not actually in the park. And wouldn’t this essentially lock you into that park for that day? Again, I’m not sure how Disney is approaching this.

With the new approach you don't have to be tapped into the park before trying for the AM boarding group, you just have to have a reservation, which can be changed if you haven't yet entered the park.

With the new approach you don't have to be tapped into the park before trying for the AM boarding group, you just have to have a reservation, which can be changed if you haven't yet entered the park.

That’s crazy! Maybe we will see a lot of people dropping HS if they can’t secure the early BG. But like another poster said, if other parks are already capped they risk being shut out.

Yes, you do need a park reservation on My Disney Experience before you can try to get a boarding group time. Hollywood Studios is also booked for virtually the rest of the year. After Nov 19, there are no more days available regardless of whether you are staying on Disney property or not. It's obviously become more popular that Magic Kingdom. Seems like a tough pill to swallow if paying for a Disney property resort and and still can't visit HS.

The first round of BGs each day will open at 7AM, the park doesn't open that early so no way to tap in.

The first round of BGs each day will open at 7AM, the park doesn't open that early so no way to tap in.

I just figured attempting to get a BG would count as “tapping in” since that was always the case to secure a BG. You had to have entered the park to qualify. It would make sense.

But not sure this is the case. I see nothing that indicates TRYING will lock you into GOING. We will find out on Tuesday!

Thats the biggest advantage to this IMO...if getting a BG is a priority and you don't get one you arent locked into Hollywood Studios for the day and you still have time to make another park reservation and change your plans on the fly rather than being in Hollywood Studios for the day, no ability to go anywhere else and all your hopes hanging on trying again at 2pm

Agreed but we will have to wait & see how availability at other parks for day of changes works out.

And just like that there are NO openings at HS left for resort guests on any day in December. We are going mid -December and I already had 2 days scheduled for HS in case we didn't get boarding passes for the first day. I was toying with the idea of adding another since this news dropped, but it looks like I am too late. Some people out there definitely switched their strategy as their were plenty of green days on the calendar earlier this week.

I do think this change is better than what is currently happening, but would love even more to be able to secure a pass sooner, like you are able to do for dining or you could for fast passes.

And just like that there are NO openings at HS left for resort guests on any day in December. We are going mid -December and I already had 2 days scheduled for HS in case we didn't get boarding passes for the first day. I was toying with the idea of adding another since this news dropped, but it looks like I am too late. Some people out there definitely switched their strategy as their were plenty of green days on the calendar earlier this week.

I do think this change is better than what is currently happening, but would love even more to be able to secure a pass sooner, like you are able to do for dining or you could for fast passes.

Wow, that's crazy!
We are going in two weeks and availability doesn't seem to have changed since the announcement.

Agreed but we will have to wait & see how availability at other parks for day of changes works out.

There are some variables we already know....other parks have better availability right now than HS so anyone wanting to switch should do so as early as possible. It's going to have an impact on the other parks for sure...how much, we don't know but it's going to have an impact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter