Holy SPORKS! We’re going to DISNEY (again)--New 8/13 - Post #48

Well... personally I think it is ALWAYS a good time to discuss disney... :rotfl:

Very cool that your Disney-downer is deciding to come with this time!! I hope you have a wonderful time!!

Thanks for joining in!! I can talk Disney 24/7...so for me DISNEY conversations are always BEST !! :thumbsup2

I think that my better half, DL has just gotten SICK of me, Gimpy and Grumpy all goading him that HE should at least give WDW a chance.....after their last trip, earlier this year....he seemed quite interested when we were discussing all of their Dining experiences.....he loves good food, so maybe that's my IN.......:laughing:

What patterns are you thinking about for the VB Hipster? You should so get one! I absolutely love mine! :thumbsup2

My first choice is the Java Blue....it's my favorite VB print, and it would match all of my other stuff (checkbook cover, eyeglass case, zip coin purse, lunchbag + alot of stationery items). I :lovestruc me some JAVA BLUE !!

The other two prints I like are Purple Punch and Blue Rhapsody...but I also like the new Very Berry Paisley too.

Oh, I don't know if I should go "matchy-matchy" or something different....

:confused:

Sounds like a fun trip!

I love the VB hipster as well. Purple Punch is one of my favorite prints. I just got one in the new Slate Blooms for our August trip. :thumbsup2 It is a great bag for the parks.

I've seen your user name on other threads and fell in love, so I had to come over!

Everything is sounding great so far!! What a lucky lady to have a DVC owner dad! (I lecture mine constantly about how he could've paid DVC off by now as many times as we've gone, but he always said DVC was one of those "gimmicks" whenever we saw the ads at WDW. Boy, is he kicking himself in the rear now!)

I'm so, so sorry about your puppy!! We just got a new one this year, too. She was really sick for nearly 3 months, and the vet has told us over and over that we're lucky that she is here now. My fur-babies are my kids right now, so I understand the hurt you are feeling. :hug:

And UGH to car trouble!!! Mine had to be towed for the 5TH!! time in a year about a month ago; it was an '01, but it didn't even have 80,000 miles on it. We just said forget it since we've spent so much money on repairs and traded it in. Luckily, I love my new Fusion, but unfortunately, there goes that extra money to a car payment every month!

Can't wait for more!

Sounds like a fun trip!

I love the VB hipster as well. Purple Punch is one of my favorite prints. I just got one in the new Slate Blooms for our August trip. :thumbsup2 It is a great bag for the parks.

I definately want the HIPSTER style...I think it will be an excellent bag for my needs. I checked on the QVC website and they carry it, but only have it in TWO colors right now....Very Berry and Hello Dahlia....so, I'm gonna stalk their site to see if they get any other patterns in....with shipping, their cost is only $48.47...that's over $10.00 off the regular retail!! :idea:

I've seen your user name on other threads and fell in love, so I had to come over!

Everything is sounding great so far!! What a lucky lady to have a DVC owner dad! (I lecture mine constantly about how he could've paid DVC off by now as many times as we've gone, but he always said DVC was one of those "gimmicks" whenever we saw the ads at WDW. Boy, is he kicking himself in the rear now!)

I'm so, so sorry about your puppy!! We just got a new one this year, too. She was really sick for nearly 3 months, and the vet has told us over and over that we're lucky that she is here now. My fur-babies are my kids right now, so I understand the hurt you are feeling. :hug:

And UGH to car trouble!!! Mine had to be towed for the 5TH!! time in a year about a month ago; it was an '01, but it didn't even have 80,000 miles on it. We just said forget it since we've spent so much money on repairs and traded it in. Luckily, I love my new Fusion, but unfortunately, there goes that extra money to a car payment every month!

Can't wait for more!

Heather...thanks for joining my FUN!! I questioned my dad when they first bought into DVC, but at the time it made sense, since I was living in FL and (at the time) never thought I'd move back home. Now, it's really nice to see that my parents use it so much!! They enjoy having the flexibility to use their points on DCL and want to trade points to go on an ALASKA cruise someday!

Thanks for the thoughts on our loss.....the last two days have been rough....I was watching TV and a COTTONELLE t.p. commercial came on (the one with the puppy....who looks JUST LIKE Kaia did.....)....I burst into tears.....:sad:

I would love to be able to get new car, but right now it's NOT in the financial plan....and I'm not ABOUT to give up my DISNEY trip to get one.....luckily, the bus stop is close to my house and my job......I will sacrifice and use Public Transportation, if I have to......

I'm all caught up and I'm loving your plans so far! :thumbsup2 Your commentary is hilarious, too! I am going to enjoy reading this PTR!

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's awesome! :)

That is so amazing that your Dad bought his DVC membership on his first trip! Like Heather said, you are a lucky lady! :goodvibes

I am so sorry to hear about your fur baby. :hug: My dogs are my life, so I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you.

I can't wait to read more! I hope it works out so you get to fly!

I'm all caught up and I'm loving your plans so far! :thumbsup2 Your commentary is hilarious, too! I am going to enjoy reading this PTR!

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's awesome! :)

That is so amazing that your Dad bought his DVC membership on his first trip! Like Heather said, you are a lucky lady! :goodvibes

I am so sorry to hear about your fur baby. :hug: My dogs are my life, so I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you.

I can't wait to read more! I hope it works out so you get to fly!

Thank you for the comments, and :welcome: to my PTR!!! I sometimes even make MYSELF crack-up :lmao:

I'm loving the new me.....all of my DISNEY experience has been as a LARGER person, so I'm excited to experience it smaller....and maybe notice the little things...more space on rides, being able to sit at a table and NOT be uncomfortable....that kind of stuff. I know it might sound strange, but it's those little things that I get the biggest KICK out of :banana:

Give your fur babies a hug for me too....love them with ALL that you have in your heart!!

pixiedust: for flying to WDW !!!

Sorry about your puppy!!!!:hug:
My little shihtzu is the Daddy to 7 puupies this week !! The mommy is a cockerpoo !! The puppies are adorable !! We are NOT taking one Judy just gets the stud fee !! Max got his moment of heaven 2 months ago:lmao:

My car did something similar a month ago and it was a bracket or something in the engine !!:scared1:

So yes, I admit it....I am a MICRO-MANAGER....I like to plan out things months (even sometimes YEARS in advance....it drives my family crazy :crazy:). I plan, and plan, and change, and scap the ENTIRE plan and start over. That's me...the PLANNER!!

Now on previous DISNEY trips it was easy...I just picked where I (or we) wanted to dine and made my ADR's....easy, peasy, LEMON-squeazy! Now, my whole LIFE has changed when it comes to food. Food no longer CONTROLS ME.....only when deciding on a Disney Dining plan. You see, I eat like a bird....less than a bird, really. I went from having a stomach the size of a large melon to that of a extra-large EGG. :scared: Yep...I said it...an EGG. I eat about 4-6 ounces and I'm FULL...and boy, does my body tell me when it's had ENOUGH. I learned the hard way, various times post surgery
that your body tells you when to STOP, and you should LISTEN to what it says. I also can no longer eat things like pasta,rice, regular bread, whole milk and butter and while I can have sugar, it's only in very small doses.

So, the Disney Dining Plan has been weighing heavely on my mind.....how do I eat at Disney. I've never been big on Counter Service locations....not that I'm a CS Snob :snooty: (ok, maybe I am....) it's just that when I'm on vacation, I like to have that feeling of being pampered. Since the DDP forces all room occupants to have the same plan, I also have to consider DL, who honestly, eats like a healthy guy would....he likes FOOD!! Can't say that I blame him, it's just we're at opposite ends of the spectrum now when it comes to our meals.

So, in theory, I'm planning to purchase the regular dining plan, the one that give you 1 Counter Service and 1 Table Service credit, per night. Since they are " pooled " on our KTTW account, I figured that DL could use most of them, and for most of my meals, we will pay OOP. I probably won't be ordering full size entrees, so most of my lunches and dinners will be from the appetizer offerings. We planned to go to T-REX the night we come back from KSC, so that would be OOP anyway...and the entire group is planning the early show for Hoop-Dee-Doo, so we would pay OOP for that too.

I contemplated doing the DlxDP so that ALL of my meals, regardless of what I would (or could) order would be covered, but the cost difference really doesn't make sense to me. It's about a $500.00 difference if we upgrade the plans, and honestly, I would rather spend that difference on a Disney DOONEY bag (fashion plate, that I am...)

Please be honest, what would you do?
:confused:

Sorry about your puppy!!!!:hug:
My little shihtzu is the Daddy to 7 puupies this week !! The mommy is a cockerpoo !! The puppies are adorable !! We are NOT taking one Judy just gets the stud fee !! Max got his moment of heaven 2 months ago:lmao:

My car did something similar a month ago and it was a bracket or something in the engine !!:scared1:

I would love to get another Goldie pup, but we CAN'T....because of the nature of the loss, bringing ANOTHER animal into our home with our older dog would NOT be the responsible thing to do. Not to the new animal, not to Kona, not to us. I would freaking loose my mind if something like that happened again.....

Was it the engine mount bracket on your car too? If so, that is so WEIRD :scared1:

I think it's a good idea to stick with the regular dining plan. I looked into the deluxe dining plan for our trip, and unless you are planning to eat all your meals at TS restaurants I don't think it's worth it. And since you can't each much, I don't think you would be getting your money's worth. I mean, you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert for every meal. But if you can only make it through the appetizer, I think you would be getting ripped off. Plus, I think a Disney Dooney & Bourke bag would be wonderful! :lovestruc

If I were you I think I'd just pay for all my meals OOP that way you can both order what you want and not worry about the credits. It seems to me like that would just be easier.

I think it's a good idea to stick with the regular dining plan. I looked into the deluxe dining plan for our trip, and unless you are planning to eat all your meals at TS restaurants I don't think it's worth it. And since you can't each much, I don't think you would be getting your money's worth. I mean, you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert for every meal. But if you can only make it through the appetizer, I think you would be getting ripped off. Plus, I think a Disney Dooney & Bourke bag would be wonderful! :lovestruc

Yeah, I kinda agree. The whole wasting food and getting my money's worth really has me in a spin. Most of our meals are TS, but I've got several (4 breakfasts/3 lunches/1 dinner) that are CS. Do you all want to see the list? It seems aweful early.....:tiptoe:

If I were you I think I'd just pay for all my meals OOP that way you can both order what you want and not worry about the credits. It seems to me like that would just be easier.

I think we'd definately use all the credits, if DL uses ALL the TS credits that are pooled, and we share the CS credits. It been so long since I've done OOP dining, I was just thinking that I would :faint: if I charged EVERYTHING to our room and then got the bill at the end of our stay. Using the KTTW card for just our souvenier purchases puts me in a :crazy2: tizzy.

Of course we want to see the list! ;) Unless you want to wait awhile, which I can understand. But I can't wait to hear about where you're planning to eat! :goodvibes

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry about the loss of your puppy. Did your puppy get sick unexpectedly? That is so terribly sad and I know you are still grieving so you don't have to talk about it if you don't feel like it. :hug:

As far as the dining plan. The DxDP is a huge amount of food, so I definitely wouldn't do that. It's hard to decide from there. It really might be better to pay OOP if your DH wants to eat an appe with his meal and your meal is an appe. On the other hand, if you are planning a lot of signature restaurants then it may be better to do the regular DDP and he can use your TS so he has two to cover his meal. But he still needs to pay OOP for an appe which stinks.

I know some people do calculations to figure out what is most cost effective. Seems like a lot of work.

Of course we want to see the list! ;) Unless you want to wait awhile, which I can understand. But I can't wait to hear about where you're planning to eat! :goodvibes

I don't mind sharing...my plans are never concrete.....remember, I am a MICRO-MANAGER :rolleyes1

Oh Yea THE LIST!!!!!!:banana::banana:

well, if you insist....;)

As far as the dining plan. The DxDP is a huge amount of food, so I definitely wouldn't do that. It's hard to decide from there. It really might be better to pay OOP if your DH wants to eat an appe with his meal and your meal is an appe. On the other hand, if you are planning a lot of signature restaurants then it may be better to do the regular DDP and he can use your TS so he has two to cover his meal. But he still needs to pay OOP for an appe which stinks.

I know some people do calculations to figure out what is most cost effective. Seems like a lot of work.

It is a TON of work....I must have gone back and forth with it at least three times so far. We are planning 3 Signature restaurants (which you'll see shortly), but 12 other TS meals, and that's just the locations where DL would use a credit. If he DID want an app (which, honestly, once he gets used to the LARGE portions they give at WDW, he may not), they we could just pay for it OOP......Am I mad, you ask? :upsidedow YEP!!

I post this with the knowledge that, A) These will change somewhat, both BEFORE we hit our 180 day mark, and GUARANTEED to change many times as we get closer to our actual departure and B) Some of these locations will be done with the entire DUG family, but many of them will be just for DL and I.

The only true “dining experience” that DL has ever had at WDW was the old Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining (now Teppan Edo). I can eat Japanese daily, if I had to….it’s one of my (former) favorite cuisines (alas, no rice now…oh well), but at the time, DL was not a fan. I drug both DL and Gimpy there for our ONE dinner, back in 2001….to them it was “EEH”, but I loved it…and isn’t just ALL ABOUT ME, anyway?? LOL

So, it’s really important for me this trip to focus on cuisines that I know that DL will enjoy, and that there is something on the menu that I can eat too. Thankfully, I’ve been reading up on how great WDW chefs are will working with guests when it comes to food issues. I’m sure I’ll be using that special number to communicate of my food HAVE-NOTS, before we leave. Hopefully, I won’t have any negatives to report.

So, while it’s WAY TOO EARLY to start charting daily activity, I will post our initial list of dining locations:

Breakfasts:
Kona Café
Crystal Palace
Kouzzina
Tusker House
Cape May Buffet
Akershus Dining Hall
Boardwalk Bakery
Earl of Sandwich or Counter service at SSR (for the day that the rest of the group leaves to go home)
Starring Rolls
(The Akershus Princess Breakfast is for ME!! One of the other three Character meals will get cut; it just depends on the rest of the Group)

Lunches:
Biergarten (this is tentative, as I’m not sure if I’ll be able to eat anything here—I may send the rest of the family to eat here, while I get a normal salad somewhere)
50’s Prime Time
Sci-Fi Dine In
Yak & Yeti (counter service)
The Plaza Restaurant
Sunshine Seasons
Leaning Palms
(We have one afternoon off property, when we’re at KSC)

Dinners:
Narcoossee's
Artist Point
Yachtsman Steakhouse
HoopDeeDoo Review (OOP since the group wants the TIER 1 seating and the DP doesn’t cover that)
Le Cellier
Ragland Road
The Wave
Columbia Harbour House
T-REX (OOP since NOT on the DP)

In reviewing all of the menus found on ALLEARS.NET, I’ve found stuff on the appetizers menu that I can order, so I think the plan will work well. Like I said….this is all subject to change, but I’d love your input too. Is there something there that you’d say “Don’t go THERE !?!” or have I missed something that is a MUST DO for my WDW-newbie??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter