Holy SPORKS! We’re going to DISNEY (again)--New 8/13 - Post #48

I think you should definitely stick to the DDP. I think the deluxe plan just would not be worth it for you. Also, instead of paying for your meals OOP, what if for your meal "credits" you and DL just shared your meal (since you said he would probably eat your credits anyway) and that way you wouldn't have to end up paying extra. Or, maybe just ask the waiter if the restaurant would be able to only bring out half of your entree and box up the other half (that way there wouldn't be any temptation to over-indulge) :confused3 Just some thoughts! I hope that made sense!

I think that's a great list! :thumbsup2 You've got all my favorites in there at some point or another!

Thanks! The big part will be trying to configure all of them into a schedule that works for us (and everyone else). The only day I know that's for sure is Wednesday, June 22nd is the day we're going to Kennedy Space Center

I think you should definitely stick to the DDP. I think the deluxe plan just would not be worth it for you. Also, instead of paying for your meals OOP, what if for your meal "credits" you and DL just shared your meal (since you said he would probably eat your credits anyway) and that way you wouldn't have to end up paying extra. Or, maybe just ask the waiter if the restaurant would be able to only bring out half of your entree and box up the other half (that way there wouldn't be any temptation to over-indulge) :confused3 Just some thoughts! I hope that made sense!

I appreciate your input. There are alot of variables, even with deciding on which dining plan. I'm trying NOT to be too structured, so that thinks flow smoothly ;)

First of all, I jumped over here--how could I miss you have had a PTR for this amount of time? ARGH!

Second, if you want a good camera, I would recommend a DSLR of sorts. I have a Nikon D60, with a 18-200mm VRII lens. That's the camera I used in my trip report. I'm not going to tell you to get a Nikon, though. I got a Nikon because we've always owned them (except for one Canon Point and Shoot). It just feels more comfortable in my hands. Go to stores (yes, I'm telling you to shop!) and try them out.

Third, I am happy for your weight loss--80 pounds since March is a great deal, even with gastric bypass. While I have never gone through it, I know plenty of people who have and I know how important small, non greasy meals are. That being said, I have some comments (in green) for your dining choices.

Also, you can wait closer to time to get clothes, and if that's the case, I would go to WalMart right before summer clothes come out--I've been able to get capris and shorts there from the season before for like $3 and $5. Also, I check out the clearance for Chadwick's. I've also been able to get a lot of cute things for $7.

Breakfasts:
Kona Café This would be a great place for fruit. They have the fruit plate here, and I am pretty sure you can wrap what you don't eat for later in the day.
Crystal Palace Again, lighter things are on the bar here. You'll want to use a dining credit for all of your all you can eat places, though, as it won't be a savings for you
Kouzzina
Tusker House
Cape May Buffet
Akershus Dining Hall
Boardwalk Bakery
Earl of Sandwich or Counter service at SSR (for the day that the rest of the group leaves to go home)
Starring Rolls
(The Akershus Princess Breakfast is for ME!! One of the other three Character meals will get cut; it just depends on the rest of the Group)
I would cut Tusker House, honestly. I have read so many reviews of complaints of greasy food. You probably would not want that!

Lunches:
Biergarten (this is tentative, as I’m not sure if I’ll be able to eat anything here—I may send the rest of the family to eat here, while I get a normal salad somewhere) I think you may be right
50’s Prime Time
Sci-Fi Dine In
Yak & Yeti (counter service) I don't know what you could eat here, either, other than plain rice? It was pretty greasy when we ate here last month.
The Plaza Restaurant
Sunshine Seasons
Leaning Palms
(We have one afternoon off property, when we’re at KSC)

Dinners:
Narcoossee's
Artist Point
Yachtsman Steakhouse
HoopDeeDoo Review (OOP since the group wants the TIER 1 seating and the DP doesn’t cover that) I'm worried about this one for you, as well. You may only be able to eat the salad. That's an expensive salad.
Le Cellier
Ragland Road
The Wave
Columbia Harbour House
T-REX (OOP since NOT on the DP)

In reviewing all of the menus found on ALLEARS.NET, I’ve found stuff on the appetizers menu that I can order, so I think the plan will work well. Like I said….this is all subject to change, but I’d love your input too. Is there something there that you’d say “Don’t go THERE !?!” or have I missed something that is a MUST DO for my WDW-newbie??[/B]

[COLOR="indi
Breakfasts:
Kona Café
Crystal Palace
Kouzzina
Tusker House
Cape May Buffet
Akershus Dining Hall
Boardwalk Bakery
Earl of Sandwich or Counter service at SSR (for the day that the rest of the group leaves to go home)
Starring Rolls
(The Akershus Princess Breakfast is for ME!! One of the other three Character meals will get cut; it just depends on the rest of the Group)

Lunches:
Biergarten (this is tentative, as I’m not sure if I’ll be able to eat anything here—I may send the rest of the family to eat here, while I get a normal salad somewhere)
50’s Prime Time
Sci-Fi Dine In
Yak & Yeti (counter service)
The Plaza Restaurant
Sunshine Seasons
Leaning Palms
(We have one afternoon off property, when we’re at KSC)

Dinners:
Narcoossee's
Artist Point
Yachtsman Steakhouse
HoopDeeDoo Review (OOP since the group wants the TIER 1 seating and the DP doesn’t cover that)
Le Cellier
Ragland Road
The Wave
Columbia Harbour House
T-REX (OOP since NOT on the DP)

In reviewing all of the menus found on ALLEARS.NET, I’ve found stuff on the appetizers menu that I can order, so I think the plan will work well. Like I said….this is all subject to change, but I’d love your input too. Is there something there that you’d say “Don’t go THERE !?!” or have I missed something that is a MUST DO for my WDW-newbie??[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

Let me review the list:
Breakfast:
Kona have never tried but would if on DLX
CP again if on Dlx
Kouzzina I am dying to try that for the brreakfast and may do soo OOP next solo trip
Tusker House We did this when it was still Donalds!!It was Great infact was our very first TS!!
The others I haven't tried so no oppinion

Lunch:
I love Biergarten and have done lunch and dinner !!There are lots of meats to choose from and the pork roast was delish!!

Prime Time is on the list for October
Sci Fi is all for the atmosphere although they do have delish Hamburgers and Milkshakes and their cheesecak edessert is YUMMY

Loved Y & Y for cs and Sunshine Seasons

Dinner:
Highly reccommend Raglan Road go there everytime !!
LeCellier I just don't like the desserts I hate maple :rotfl2:
Thw Wave is great both times I 've had the steak and the no added sugar dessert is the best!!
CHH is another must do !!

My favorite breakfast buffet is BOMA I pay oop frequently!!

First of all, I jumped over here--how could I miss you have had a PTR for this amount of time? ARGH!

Second, if you want a good camera, I would recommend a DSLR of sorts. I have a Nikon D60, with a 18-200mm VRII lens. That's the camera I used in my trip report. I'm not going to tell you to get a Nikon, though. I got a Nikon because we've always owned them (except for one Canon Point and Shoot). It just feels more comfortable in my hands. Go to stores (yes, I'm telling you to shop!) and try them out.

Third, I am happy for your weight loss--80 pounds since March is a great deal, even with gastric bypass. While I have never gone through it, I know plenty of people who have and I know how important small, non greasy meals are. That being said, I have some comments (in green) for your dining choices.

Also, you can wait closer to time to get clothes, and if that's the case, I would go to WalMart right before summer clothes come out--I've been able to get capris and shorts there from the season before for like $3 and $5. Also, I check out the clearance for Chadwick's. I've also been able to get a lot of cute things for $7.

:welcome: I'm so glad your here !! :cheer2:

If the budget allows, I am definately gonna start shopping around when the holiday sales start. I'd like to get a new camera early enough so that I can learn all the different settings BEFORE we leave.

Thanks on the weight loss comments. Greasy foods are definately a NO-NO :eek: for me. I do eat healthier now than I ever did before, that's for sure!

I am definately shopping SALES in the spring....I have to START FROM SCRATCH, since I'll have NOTHING that fits.....it's gonna be FUN shopping, but not so fun on the pursestrings :headache:

Let me review the list:
Breakfast:
Kona have never tried but would if on DLX
CP again if on Dlx
Kouzzina I am dying to try that for the brreakfast and may do soo OOP next solo trip
Tusker House We did this when it was still Donalds!!It was Great infact was our very first TS!!
The others I haven't tried so no oppinion

Lunch:
I love Biergarten and have done lunch and dinner !!There are lots of meats to choose from and the pork roast was delish!!

Prime Time is on the list for October
Sci Fi is all for the atmosphere although they do have delish Hamburgers and Milkshakes and their cheesecak edessert is YUMMY

Loved Y & Y for cs and Sunshine Seasons

Dinner:
Highly reccommend Raglan Road go there everytime !!
LeCellier I just don't like the desserts I hate maple :rotfl2:
Thw Wave is great both times I 've had the steak and the no added sugar dessert is the best!!
CHH is another must do !!

My favorite breakfast buffet is BOMA I pay oop frequently!!

Most of the dining choices were chosen FIRST for DL, since I think of this more as his FIRST REAL trip to WDW. I want him to have a wide variety of experiences and Disney-theming....in most places, I'll be having a SALAD of some sort for my meals....good thing I don't mind salad!! :laughing:

With all the restaurants you are interested in eating at you probably should do the deluxe dining plan.

The only suggestion I have is I would recommend California Grill over Narcoossee's. I thought the food and service was much better and the views are spectacular. I thought Narcoossees was just "eh". Pretty views, though. Artist point - Loved it. good choice.

I think the dining choices look great; but, I do agree with OP that you might want to check in to the deluxe plan. If you make most of those ADRs, you'll be spending quite a bit already, so the deluxe plan might be the best deal for you!

it is with SAD REGRET that I have to bid you all addeu. You see, while DH and I were totally siked about a Disney vacation next June, life has decided to throw us a curve ball that, well we're REALLY happy about:

4886449108_bbdd11b3ee_z.jpg

We're expecting!!! :cloud9: I'm due in early to mid April, so it's just going to be impossible to go on a trip that soon after. So, our Disney Vacation may be a few more years off yet......but here's hoping for our own Disney princess:

So, I may turn this PTR into a P-BABY-report.....I'm sure that my family will be adding lots of DISNEY touches to this new baby's life!!

:yay::yay::yay: Congratulations!! :yay::yay::yay: A baby is wonderful blessing and I'm sure many family vacations to WDW are ahead for you! :goodvibes

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :hug: That is so wonderful!!! PLEASE make this a P-Baby report! I want to hear all about it!! :goodvibes

Congratulations! That is Awesome! I only have one word of advice......Move your trip up 6 months!!!!!! :rotfl: Good luck with your pregnancy. Nine months will fly by!!!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay: Congratulations!! :yay::yay::yay: A baby is wonderful blessing and I'm sure many family vacations to WDW are ahead for you! :goodvibes

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :hug: That is so wonderful!!! PLEASE make this a P-Baby report! I want to hear all about it!! :goodvibes

Congratulations! That is Awesome! I only have one word of advice......Move your trip up 6 months!!!!!! :rotfl: Good luck with your pregnancy. Nine months will fly by!!!!!!!

Congrats !!!!!

Thanks everyone!! I would love to be able to get a Disney trip in BEFORE baby, but that just WON'T happen---the industry I work in deals major in the holiday season, so NO VACATIONS between OCT/DEC. By January, I'll be in PRIME WEDDING SEASON, which is when things kick into HIGH GEAR for me, at work......so WDW will have to wait until the baby is a bit older. Or, if M&D want to give us a free trip!! :wizard:

I will definately turn this into a pre-BABY report.....definately!! ;)

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! What wonderful news! :cloud9: I definitely agree that you should keep the PTR going and keep us updated on the baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter