Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay - Reviews Please

Jade-Elise

MrsLlante
Hi fellow TDR adventurers!

This is the hotel on our short list, have an AMAZING price deal which I have locked in, but TripAdvisor has so many conflicting reviews. Has anyone here stayed at the Okura? None of the big bloggers have really looked at it. There has been some assumptions about being more expensive than Sheraton/Hilton and not worth it, but for our family of 4, this is actually the best price. I'd rather spend my money in the park buying all the Unibearsity Bears lol!

Thanks in advance!

(search function here revealed some people had looked at / booked, but didn't find any trip report reviews)

I've stayed there several times and never had any issues.

If you like to soak into a hot tub after walking all day, this is the place to be. They have a huge bathroom with the tub that fills in within a minute. You can bring some bath salt and just relax... Just be careful when you get out; marble floor gets very slippery.

Some says the beds are very hard. Okura gears more towards Japanese customers who have a custom of sleeping on harder beds or Futons, so if you are not a fan of hard bed, you might want to check Hilton or Sheraton.

Breakfast has a mix of Japanese and western. It is bit pricey though and I usually skip. If you want to go cheap, I suggest stopping at convenience store in Disneyland Hotel or Maihama Station since Okura only has a drug store that carries small amount of snacks and drinks. They also offer late night dinner buffet in case you get hungry after coming back from Disney, but you can also go to Ikspiari to grab some food too.

WIFI is free so that’s a plus. Pool and an exercising room cost extra, but most of hotels around there are not free to use those facilities anyways.

Location is great, right across from the monorail station, and Limousine bus from/to airport arrives and departs from this hotel as well.

There’s a membership called ‘One Harmony’ and it’s free to sign up. You can select Okura Tokyo Bay as a premium location, and get 10% discount on restaurant and free early check in and late check out as well as a welcome drinks for you and your companion. If your stay is on your birthday month, they offer a birthday special as well. Even if you don’t select premium location, you still get 5% discount on the restaurant as well. It’s good deal if you are going to stay there.

What is the bedding like for your party of four? The only hotel I can find that works with our party of four is the Hilton Tokyo Bay

Thanks for the replies!

Yes I heard hard beds, but I will just have to live with it I think. Maybe have an extra blanket to sleep on top of!

Our bed arrangement is 2 twin beds and we will share. My kids share a room and have shared a bed many times before. Of course hubby and I are happy to share too! This will happen again in Tokyo apartment where there is only 2 queen size beds. It was share beds or spend an extra $700 on a hotel. I'd prefer to share and spend $700 on other things!

I looked at their website and it looks like they have two twin beds, but for a party of four they will bring in two additional beds. That's great news!

There's no way I could share a twin bed with my teenager. No way.

I stayed there in one of the Japanese style rooms for a date night a few weeks ago. It was AMAZING. It was perfect location wise. Only a few minute train ride to either DisneySea or DisneyLand. There are even little charter buses that will take you to the train station.

One tip: In addition to extra blankets try to bring along a comfy pillow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter