Hotel Sleeping arrangements (need suggestions)

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
Going on a cruise next year, will fly to the port the day before (at least) and trying to figure out the best (and economical) way to do the sleeping arrangements.

Travellers:
Myself
DW
DS(18)
DS GF (19)
DD (16)
DD friend (16)

On the cruise, myself, DW, and DS will be in one room, and the other three girls in another room.

Short of getting two hotel rooms to do the same sleeping arrangements (and that might be what we do), is there another solution?

In my searches, most of the hotel rooms that sleep 6 do so in three beds. I don't think that works very well.

Sailing out of Port Canaveral, so hotel/resorts in the Orlando area or around the port are desired.

I'm also looking at VRBO.

Any other ideas?

TIA

Why not get the three bed option? Is it because you don’t want your son and his girlfriend in the same bed? If not, I don’t see any other option but two rooms.

Sailing out of Port Canaveral, so hotel/resorts in the Orlando area or around the port are desired.

Sonesta ES Suites, formerly StayBridge by Disney Springs has a two bedroom. Parents in master bedroom, girls in the second bedroom with two beds, son on the sofabed in living room. There are other Sonesta and other brands that have the same set up in the rooms.

We stayed in Disney Springs area night before our cruise, went to Poly for dinner and fireworks. Was a night kick off to our trip.

Last edited:
I don’t think you will find one hotel room near the port that sleeps six that isn’t the three bed configuration. The Home2Suites at Cape Canaveral does have a curtain that separates the sofa bed from the two queen beds, which does offer some separation. The Homewood Suites in the same area has a similar configuration with their two Queen one bedroom suite. I don’t know how much more expensive that would be than two standard rooms at another hotel, but I have stayed at both and I can often find a deal.

If it were me, with that configuration of people, knowing it would only be for one night, I would see if the two “friends” would be willing to share the sofa bed, and the four family members work it out with the queen beds (maybe father/son mom/daughter if the siblings don’t want to share). I would at least ask the group if they would be comfortable with that.

Otherwise, I think two rooms will be your best bet.

Two rooms is best, we did this when we brought my kids friends with us to WDW a while back, I'd say book now because prices can shoot up out of the blue and it's easier to just cancel.
I've also gone with an air mattress in the past even if it's just the 4 of us and we just don't have an extra bed option, my son usually goes on it and isn't the slightest bit bothered for a night or so. I usually test it home for noisiness and to make sure filling it won't be too annoying.

In our experience traveling as a family of 6, I think 2 rooms is the only way to make it work if you don’t want DS & his gf sharing a bed. The only other option, which is likely to be more expensive, is to find a suite large enough to sleep 8 (which will give you the 4 needed beds/sleeper sofas).

3 beds in an hotel room is fine, just bump DS to the floor or get a rollaway bed. We have boy/girl teens and we get one room 2 beds. They each take a turn camping on the floor. We did girls/boys bed for a bit, yet that got old real fast. The teens rather have their own bed or the floor vs. sleeping with mom or dad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter