How are gasoline prices in your neck of the woods.

It fell to $1.99 this week. (Oklahoma)

People complain it's going to hurt the economy, but when it's high they complain about the price.

I don't drive (which I should but I've got anxiety issues on working on) so it doesn't affect me.

I paid $2.44 at a Sams Club on the n.side of Indy last night --- I dont remember when we last paid that little for gas.

It fell to $1.99 this week. (Oklahoma)

People complain it's going to hurt the economy, but when it's high they complain about the price.

I don't drive (which I should but I've got anxiety issues on working on) so it doesn't affect me.

Anyone who thinks low gas prices hurts the economy is nuts. Every economic boom over the past 3 generations (or more) has coincided with cheap fuel & every bad economy has coincided with high fuel. Every single time. What was the price of gas when we had that boom in the 90's? About a buck a gallon. Where was it when the housing bubble burst in 2008? 4 bucks. A $1 change in the price of gas has at least a $2,000 annual impact on the typical American family.

Now, sometimes cheap fuel can be the result of a bad economy, or it could be an indicator of a cooling economy. But NEVER, has it been the "cause" of a poor economy.

Anyone who thinks low gas prices hurts the economy is nuts. Every economic boom over the past 3 generations (or more) has coincided with cheap fuel & every bad economy has coincided with high fuel. Every single time. What was the price of gas when we had that boom in the 90's? About a buck a gallon. Where was it when the housing bubble burst in 2008? 4 bucks. A $1 change in the price of gas has at least a $2,000 annual impact on the typical American family.

Now, sometimes cheap fuel can be the result of a bad economy, or it could be an indicator of a cooling economy. But NEVER, has it been the "cause" of a poor economy.

I agree. High fuel costs raise the price of EVERYTHING. :sad2:
You name it: food, cars, airfare, laundry detergent, dishwashers, lawn mowers, cargo/freight, etc.

High gas prices raise the basic costs of businesses doing business. It can be crippling for small businesses.

It's only good for Exxon, Sunoco, etc. declaring record billion $ profits. :furious:

It was just as well that my dad's boat was totaled by Sandy.:sad1: It cost $500+ to fill the tank so he was barely using it anymore.

I agree. High fuel costs raise the price of EVERYTHING. :sad2:
You name it: food, cars, airfare, laundry detergent, dishwashers, lawn mowers, cargo/freight, etc.

High gas prices raise the basic costs of businesses doing business. It can be crippling for small businesses.

It's only good for Exxon, Sunoco, etc. declaring record billion $ profits. :furious:

It was just as well that my dad's boat was totaled by Sandy.:sad1: It cost $500+ to fill the tank so he was barely using it anymore.

We have a small boat & like to go to a lake 2 hours from us. A typical day this Summer cost $100 in gas. $70 for the truck & $30 for the boat. At today's prices, it would be more like $65. That extra $35 in our pockets would pay for a meal out instead of packing sandwiches. All those little things add up.

Edit: even though diesel hasn't come down as much as gas, I'm noticing lower fuel surcharges from the freight carriers at work. Right now, it's about 1/2 a percent profit to our bottom line. That could add as much as $50,000 to the annual bonus pool for our 17 employees.

News was showing an STL station at $1.99 this morning, but that was "with wash". So, probably $2.19 otherwise. Diesel had dropped to $3.29 as of yesterday.

We paid $2.52 at Costco in the Detroit suburbs yesterday. I can't remember the last time it was so low! And it's timely for us, we just bought a minivan in the last few months to accommodate our growing family. I hope it keeps up.

We paid $2.52 at Costco in the Detroit suburbs yesterday. I can't remember the last time it was so low! And it's timely for us, we just bought a minivan in the last few months to accommodate our growing family. I hope it keeps up.

We just bought a small car to save on gas :rotfl2:

We just bought a small car to save on gas :rotfl2:

It's probably still worth it! We went from 2 kids to 3 and with all the car seat requirements, all three kids won't fit in the back seat of a normal car. I really like the minivan, but the gas mileage is not ideal.

It's probably still worth it! We went from 2 kids to 3 and with all the car seat requirements, all three kids won't fit in the back seat of a normal car. I really like the minivan, but the gas mileage is not ideal.

Oh yeah, a small car is always worth it. We have a van, too, but we drive the car whenever we can now that we only have one of 3 in car seats. Gas is under $2.60 in my part of Orlando. Woo hoo!

I paid $2.89 at home Friday, then drove to visit my mom in the Cleveland area and paid $2.39. (Well, 2.42 minus 3 cents for my store loyalty card)

$2.29 is the lowest in my town. One city 5 mi away is still 5-10 cents less.

Yeah, it's definitely worth it. :) It's a 3rd car, not a replacement for one of the others. The cost to replace DW's car or my truck would be roughly 2.5-3 times what we paid for the little gas sipper. So, keeping miles off the more expensive cars is as much a benefit as the 35+ MPG. Plus, we'll have a 3rd driver in a couple years :scared1:

I paid $2.53 at Sam's Club in a suburb of Chicago yesterday. It's $2.22 about 100 miles south in Bloomington IL.

The gas in the Chicago are is a special blend so gas mileage is not nearly as good as the gas in other areas of the state away from the city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter