How are these restaurants???

webray

Love the wineauxs!
We are spending a few days in DL at the Grand Californian after our repo cruise and we are wondering about restaurants:

The Chip/Dale character breakfast at GC
The Blue Bayou in DL
The Vineyard Room at CA
Napa Rose at GC

How about the walk up restaurants/bars..do you have any favorites?

Thanks for your help.

Of your listed restaurants I have only been to one: Blue Bayou. We love it! It is so neat to be inside the Pirates ride. It is a very unique atmosphere and very quick service (at least it was the four times we've been). We prefer lunch so that we can order the Monte Cristo. It is very big, very rich and enough to share. My favorite counter service places are: Rancho del Zocalo in Disneyland (Mexican) and Taste Pilots Grill in California Adventure (burgers/chicken sandwiches/ribs). We also really love the Plaza Inn in Disneyland, it is so beautiful in there. While Disneyland does not have as many dining options as WDW I think the food is better. You will have a lot of fun and a lot of good eats! Enjoy your planning.

Only been to BB on your list and it was pretty good. It's inside the start of the Pirates ride and so the atmosphere is good. Service was great and food surprisingly good, given it has a captive audience in the park. Highly recommended.

Napa Rose is supposed to be one of the top restaurants in California (as rated by varioius gourmet food journals) with food, and prices to match. I'd have tried it if I had the money!

Best walk up food we had was the Turkey leg at the cart in front of the Castle! Have to say I found most of the other places completely underwhelming - for the most part just your standard fast food choices.

The Chip/Dale character breakfast in GC was one of the best character meals my family has enjoyed. We have been to approximately 20. The atmosphore is wonderful, and the characters spend alot of time with the Kids. They even had a parade with the kids around the dining area - a great picture moment. BB has a wonderful location.

Thanks for all the quick replies. We can't wait..sounds like my choices will work great.

We ate at the Chip N Dale character breakfast last spring and it was awesome! Check out the french toast- to die for! We also really enjoy White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian for a quick bite- good selection and good quality. Other favs include Taste Pilots Grill in CA, River Belle Terrace for breakfast (DL), and the Plaza Inn (DL). Rancho del Zocalo was also good when we ate there. Too much food, too little time!

Napa Rose is a very nice restaurant; my kids are fairly well-behaved in restaurants so it was okay. However, it isn't a good choice for very active kids. The food is excellent.

I also liked Ariel's Grotto (I don't remember the new name) in CA :flower: . If the weather is warm, you can sit outside with an awesome view of the Pier. The character interaction was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter