How bad is Easter?

Ok give it to me straight: how bad is Easter in terms of crowds?? I’ve been wanting to go to Disney World and I probably won’t be able to get DH to agree, but I found cheap flights for the Wednesday before to the Thursday after Easter. But if the crowds are awful the whole time we probably won’t enjoy it. Because of other vacations we have planned for this year and sports commitments for my kids, this would probably be our only chance to go this year. My DH is pretty set against going this year but I might be able to convince him if the price is right!! 😉

We went on Easter and the week after last year and found it to be much less crowded than we anticipated.

If you look through my trip report you can get an idea of crowds. We did EPCOT on Easter and it was fine, just used our FPs and enjoyed the day.

I didn’t think last year was that busy at alll and we were there right before and after Easter. Maybe my perspective was off because we had just been over Christmas and NYE?

I’m visiting starting the Wednesday before Easter and leaving on Easter morning. I just booked about two weeks ago and was surprised by how many dining reservations were available. I had several options for a topolino breakfast, I caught a late night ‘Ohana, and got everything else I wanted at times I wanted. Not a perfect measure, but I think crowds will be okay.

Our last trip at Easter was in 2018, and we found it so crowded and busy it was unpleasant. We won‘t return at Easter. We regularly visit at some of the busiest times of the year (Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, week after Christmas...we regularly wait 15-20 minutes for the People Mover), and while we don’t mind dealing with crowds and lines, we just did not enjoy being there at Easter. We won’t return at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter