How common are unframed pins

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
that use to be framed?
I need to sort my take-and-take-nots for my So CA/DL trip.
I bought the George of the Jungle seven pin set from Sue (SMACK-kissing her hand) when she had her big blow out sale.
Of course I bought it because I have a fondness for ol' vintage George.
But, would this seven pin set be a good trader set in the tank ;) (that I may not paddle in anyway) ? :)

OH! OH! I do see the back of the pins read "LE 156/500". (And one just bite me! Ouch!;)) I may take 'em, but at least I know closer to the trade value.

the "Tank" is not that bad, don't let people scare you away with what is said. I don't know what the George of the Jungle set is...........but it sounds interesting.
Barbara

Just by luck I found it on E(vil)Bay ;) .
Mine is unframed. They are asking $75 and have no bids.
Item #1145694407

I would say it depends on who you run in to and whether they are interested in the pins. I trade a lot of pins that were taken out of pin sets and they provide a good source for being different pins that "everyone" doesn't have because they weren't available for sale like all the other pins in the parks. They are great limited edition pins and are usually individually numbered on the back.

I can only add old sets that I have bought loose. Sometimes people only want one pin and the rest are just traders. One is the Roger Rabbit set. Most came as a LE framed set but I bought all the pins seperately once to put into a very large RR shadow box. I picked up an extra 5 Jessica and 2 Bongo from sets because I like them.
I collect Captain hook also and broke up one old Neverland set for the shadow box. (now have added the others)
With the advent of the auctions sites eventully every pin comes up out of a set.
RussH

I like single pins from framed sets if I collect a certain character. I traded for a large pin of Benny the Cab from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" that was from a set, and was individually numbered and double-posted. It's one of the coolest pins in my character collection! I don't know how many other folks are like me, but those pins are pretty neato in my book. :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter