How have the passenger numbers been lately?

11/12 Dream 3-night had 1680. I second what was said above, that our CMs told us the weekends/3-nights have more guests than the weekdays/4-nights. We had our own private seating in the MDRs with just 2 adults, nicely spaced out from other tables.

Looking to book a 5 night magic cruise for end of January. Super interested in any magic numbers and how the crowds/Covid measures seems on the smaller ships. Are venues reaching capacity?

Looking to book a 5 night magic cruise for end of January. Super interested in any magic numbers and how the crowds/Covid measures seems on the smaller ships. Are venues reaching capacity?

We were on the Magic Nov 13-18 and, as others have stated, it was at about a third of the ship's capacity. The ONLY place we saw venue capacity issues was the movie theater since they were seating every other row and people were spreading out. Everything else was pretty darn empty. It was weird dining in half empty dining rooms.

We are in line to board the Magic. When we entered the port, we were told 1300. Then chatting again with Inspire staff I was told 1200.
Reservation numbers are posted on a big screen with either To Terminal or Go to Inspire Consult room.

Told at Guest Services that there were 2,000 passengers on the Dream 11/22 4 night Thanksgiving sailing.

We were on the Fantasy 11/14 7 night with about 1400. We heard the previous 3 night cruise on 11/11 had over 2,000 so they could test a higher capacity. We were also told the following week which was Thanksgiving would be around 2000, which other have reported here. Our server told us they plan to be at 50% capacity by the holidays (might be there already) and 70% by Spring Break in March. Who knows though. It could could change and obviously info can get misconstrued as it passes from one person to the next.

Jason

Currently a little over 2k on the Dream 3 night. Expectations are around 2500 for upcoming holiday cruises according to what I was told.

How did it feel with that many?
We had 1400 on the Magic when we sailed in late October. Dining rooms felt empty, but the family pool deck/area was full and they would use the whistle to switch out those using the pool/waiting to use the pool. Seats were available on the deck above. All the seats were taken in the adult only pool..by by later in the day, seats would open up. The ship didn't feel empty, just less crowded in areas.

We had 1400 on the Magic when we sailed in late October. Dining rooms felt empty, but the family pool deck/area was full and they would use the whistle to switch out those using the pool/waiting to use the pool. Seats were available on the deck above. All the seats were taken in the adult only pool..by by later in the day, seats would open up. The ship didn't feel empty, just less crowded in areas.

This was our experience with 1200 on the Magic earlier this week (11/27 sailing). There were typically around 6-8 people in line for the Goofy pool. I didn't really pay attention at the Mickey pool.
Our dining room server told us that on a typical sailing there are around 200 guests that cancel at the last minute. Some of that 200 cancel while still at home and some test positive at the port. Maybe DCL is counting on that cancellation rate because someone told me at the port that they can't have more than 50% capacity. I can't recall now if it was a CM or someone from Inspire who told me that. I really wish now I paid attention to who said that but at the time we were caught up in the excitement of getting through the check in process and getting onboard.

Keep in mind, it's a good hour after your PAT that you actually board due to testing so plan breakfast & snacks accordingly. We didn't have lunch until after 1:30pm which is very late for us. Good thing we had a good, solid breakfast and not some quickie protein bar, or I would have been feeling sick & dizzy by then.

I know a couple that are currently on a Southern Caribbean, Celebrity cruise. They texted us early into the cruise that the ship holds 2800 passengers but they can only sail at 70% capacity. That means they can set sail with up to 1960 passengers. They were told by their server that there are only 500 sailing!!!

While I love the idea of cruising with a low crowd, this does not sound fun at all. I think part of the fun of a cruise is the vibe given off by the other passengers.

My wife and I are sailing with this same couple on the Disney Fantasy next year. I hope the passenger level is much higher than 25% of the allowed capacity; I would think that 70% would be okay. I can't imagine what is must be like for the crew that depends heavily on tips for their wages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter