How I proposed to Piglet203...

There is another thread on these boards about "things at Disney that give you goosebumps" . . . . . well, no goosebumps, but add this to my list of things that brings tears!!

Congrats to the two of you!!

Thanks for sharing and Congratulations!!

Congratulations to you both! What a wonderful story - another great example of CMs going the extra mile to make their guests' trips magical!

OMG, I've got tears in my eyes! That is so romantic! Piglet203 is one lucky girl. Congrats to you both.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Just wondering: Did anyone video tape or take any pictures of your memorable event? Hope So!! (Something you could show your grandkids)

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so romantic! Carey is such a lucky gal. Now make sure you keep us informed of all the wedding plans! Best wishes!

Mickey,
thanks for sharing that with us. What a Magical moment you and piglet will always have!!!

Congradulations!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What a wonderful proposal! I too am planning a WDW wedding, and have found the disneymooners group (go to www.yahoogroups.com and sign up for the disneymooners group) to be invaluable. Also, the same lady who runs the disneymooners has a very helpful website: www.yourfairytale.com :)

Hi Mickey and Piglet-
I think I was the only one from these boards who happened to accidently catch your proposal to Piglet. I didn't realize who you were at the time until I got home and saw your DIS proposal thread. Reading your post on how the proposal transpired brought tears to my eyes a second time. ( the first being the actual proposal).
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:)
Wishing you many happy years together!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

Sorry that I haven't had a chance to post anything, but I've been working a lot since we have returned. I still can't believe that Brian and I are engaged!!! Brian(Mickey76) is truly the greatest. I had hoped that he would propose during our trip but was extremley surprised when he actually did!!! :) Luckily, everything was taped by Howard (the guy Brian set it up with). Last night we watched it with our parents and my sisters....everyone got choked up :D I can't get enough of watching it! After getting engaged there I knew that we had to visit the Wedding Pavillion. Once we set foot in Franck's shop and saw a bride pull up in a limo......we knew......we have to get married there!!! :D We are so excited! Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support..........everyone on here is truly the greatest! Oh and by the way....Leggs22.........that is so great that you were there!!!!!!:D I was wondering if anyone from here happened to see it.....I'm glad you got to see our special moment! As for the other threads......we are working on reading them all! Thanks again everyone! :D

Yes I got goosebumps from that story as well. IT MUST HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC to see her surprised like that. I know I will always remember my fiance being speechless (which doesn't happen too often ;) ) in the cab of the monorail. (see story link in my signature)

Congratulations, and best wishes for a happy and long marriage!

Mike

I'm going down next week...I'm hoping there's some of that magical pixie dust still floating around...

:)

Legs22, that is so cool that you actually saw us. I was hoping someone from the DISboards would be in attendance. I'm glad that you enjoyed the moment.

Thanks again, everyone.

Mickey76 :)

WOW what a wonderful moment that must of been-i wish you both many magical years ahead--i bet your wedding is going to be absolutely fantastic or should i say fantasmic...CONGRATS kmc

Congratulations Brian & Carey!

Mickey & Piglet-

Just curious how you two met. What's the story?:)

This is how we met:

We both go to the same college(State University of New York at New Paltz). Back in the winter of 2001 the Spring semester had started and I had a Spanish Course on my schedule. Because I had a lengthy break before my class and because I had no where to go(since it was cold outside, I decided to wait out side the door to the classroom until the class that was in there got out. A few minutes later, a beautiful blonde came walking in my direction. She sat down next to me and asked me if I was also in the Spanish class. I asked her name and she said Carey and I told her mine. We began having a conversation and the topic of Disney came up, to which she was surprised that I was a Disney fanatic, like her. I showed her my Mickey Mouse tattoo, not to impress her, but to prove that I really was into Disney. She said she was happy to meet someone that was nice to talk to becuse she was thinking of dropping the class because her ex-boyfriend was in the same class.
So, we sat next to each other in calss, making each other laugh. The next class that we had, we again got to the classroom before our class started. I had told her that I had some money saved to spend and I invited her to come shopping with me.
A few days later, we went to the Palisades Center in Nyack, New York and had our first meal together at the Rainforest Cafe(which has gone out of business in this particular mall). We had a great time shopping together and we then went out to dinner by our homes(it turned out that we only live about 5 miles from each other, but we went to different high schools).
After dinner, we went to my house and watched Mulan and talked late into the night. Around 12 A.M. or so I got the courage to kiss her and it has been great ever since.

Feel free to ask any other questions. It's fun to share.

Mickey76:)

Congrats, gotta keep my wife out of this thread-She thought my proposal was romantic. :D
Gotta love the "Countdown to Marrying Piglet" in your sig. Have an awesome life together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter