How long for lines without onsite FOTL

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
My sister is coming to visit early June. She is bringing three teens. (DS, DD and daughter boyfriend) She will have to pay for all. DD and DB are both in college!(tuition broke):) By the time she pays for all the park tickets at all parks and all the food, I don't think staying onsite will be possible. There will be 6 of us so we would need 2 rooms. No sharing room rate!:( I know we can get fotl for a certain time frame or after 2 hours elapses. What I need to know is, what we can expect the lines to be like while we wait for our fotl to come up. What rides should we make sure to get a fotl pass for? How long will the other lines be in early June? Thanks in advance for all your advice!

Anyone know for sure?

All I can tell you we were there in June two years ago and the lines were very long...l wait for the most popular rides.

BTW, the Holiday Inn Universal has a 2 br suite you might all fit in. Not onsite, but plenty close.

Also, there might be a 2 br at the Hawthorn Suites Universal, too.

Herc

Don't forget to take advantage of express pass.
Have fun!

Also watch for single rider lines on the IOA rides the Hulk, Fearfall, and Spiderman. Also at USF, use the single rider lines for MIB. Today, Fearfall had a 60 minute wait. I used the single rider line and was on and off in a few minutes! Spiderman usually has the longest single rider line wait. It can get up to 20 minutes, but compare that with 75 minutes for the regular line!

Get your Universal Express passes early. Sometimes the lines can get long just for them.

The others have given you good advice on the express pass. I believe when it scans your ticket and issues your pass it won't let you get 2nd pass for another 60 minutes. What you do is get a pass, then go do another short wait attraction or single rider line and before you know it, time to use that pass. (Examples: get a pass for Hulk then ride the Storm Force right next door, then back to Hulk, then next hour get a Deuling Dragons pass, go ride the Unicorn, then back to DD) If you plan it out well the waiting won't be half as bad as Disney can get.
I second the motion on staying at the Holiday Inn Universal (make sure you get the one on Caravan Court, there are several in the area but that one is literally across the street from the park)
I used the Entertainment rate last month and paid only 89 dollars for a beautiful suite that had 2 queen beds and a queen sized covertable couch in the living room. Also 2 TV's and a nice kitchen setup with a full sized fridge. Plenty of room for 6.
They have a TGIFridays downstairs that also provides good room service, and a buffet breakfast, but you'll save a bundle if you go to the nearby publix or walgreens and stock that fridge with bottled water, sodas and whatever snacks and breakfast items, especially the way young adults can go through that stuff. Freeze a couple bottles of water the night before hitting the parks and you'll save on the 3 bucks a bottle they get at the parks!
Have a blast!

:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter