How many days?

beffysky

Earning My Ears
How many days minimum would you plan for in order to hit all four parks and do them justice? We did a 7 day trip several years ago and really focused on MK, skipped AK. Already starting to think about a Spring 2020 trip with our 3 kids who, by then, will be 4, 8, and 10.

For us it’s a good 15 days. We like to rest and do resort time as well. This year we’re only doing 11 days and as I was planning, I felt it wasn’t enough time for us at least.

You won't do everything, but it's enough for a trip, unless you will never ever go again.

6 is better, but 4 is enough.

I can't get the time off work (or afford) much longer though.

Wow! I have never done more than 8 days 7 nights... mostly 5 or 6 nights. 5 day hopper. You will never do it all I don't think... I still haven't in 7 trips... but if you can try to do 5 day hopper with a day of rest or a few half days.. that will be pretty good.

We always do nine nights. That allows us to take our time in the summer heat but still get fast passes for every attraction we want so we never wait in more than a 20 minute line.

We went for a 7 park days last November and felt like we were pretty much able to do everything. But we're two fit adults--I imagine we moved through the parks a lot easier than most groups.

Any amount of time in Disney is special. This June we did five park days hitting each park at rope drop with a rest day in the middle where we hit MK at night. My dream would be to have 8 park days so we could do half days and hit each park in the morning and at night with rest/resort each day.

We like 9 nights/10 days. You still can't do everything with that. Our most recent trip was 9 nights with 8 park days and one full day off--we won't do that again. 7 park days is our absolute minimum. We do afternoon breaks on most days.

Last edited:
To do them justice? I like an 8 day trip. We do more half days, because we like to hop and experience the parks at different times of day without draining ourselves.

We just got back from a 10-night trip and we still didn’t get to see and do everything we wanted to. There is so much to see and do in Disney, regardless of how long you’re there, there are still things you aren’t going to have the time for. That said, since we aren’t going back until 2020, we decided we are going for 14-nights.

For us, less than 8 days isn't worth the transportation cost/time.
I guess this is about how I feel. We hardly go anywhere for much less than a week. We even go to Vegas for a week which tends to shock most people--who have generally done the crazy two and a half day whirlwind Vegas experience and can't quite imagine doing that three times over in a row (of course that's not how we do Vegas). On the other hand much longer anywhere than say 10 days and I actually start to miss my real life.:D

We usually stay eight nights and take one resort day. We don’t go to the parks on arrival or departure days. We have done DS or just the pool on those days. As far as parks, we do MK-2, EP-2, DHS-1, AK-1. This year we are going nine nights, and will decide on which park will get the extra day. IMO, less than 6 Park days really isn’t enoug; a few more days is a little more relaxed.

Last time we stayed 8 nights. Next time will be 9. I wouldn't do any less than 8. And you have to do AK. It was my girls favorite!

Unless you want to do every single thing in every park, I think 5 days is enough to do them. But then have to add in any extra days (no park day, water park day, etc). Usually go for 7 days, but don't spend all day in the parks...but also at the point that know things not really interested in doing so reduces the check list. Did 10 days once and was more than ready to go home by the end.

On another note: sometimes finances etc do not permit a trip of 7,8,9,10 days. Please know that when my kids were little I was a single mom and could only afford two park days. We have amazing memories of those trips. So there really isn't a must have number of days for a magical Disney trip. The more days you can have the slower pace you can go and more off your feet time you can have. As I stated before 8 park days would be my dream but my family has made magical trips on fewer days.

i think 2 days for MK, 1 or 2 for Epcot (I am not sure how your kids will like the World Showcase, mine like the Agent P adventures and looking in the stores), 1 for AK (although we spend 2 because we love it) and 1 for HS (unless you want to see both Fantasmic and Star Wars Fireworks) would be the minimum. We like 10 days, but we have a down day as we go RD to park close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter