How many non SSR owners are dying to stay there?

mowog

Mouseketeer
This could make a nice poll but I don't know how to do it. Many mention the desire to stay at BWV and BCV during food and wine and flower festival, and VWL during Christmas- but what abour SSR? I know their are different taste but I have no particular desire to stay there as we go to DTD when we're bored and have nothing else to do- usually once per vacation. Please don't flame me but I'm curious.

Bob (BCV owner)

Had some points in a holding account that had to be used before 12/1/05. Only place they could put us was Saratoga Springs. Wasn't thrilled with it but getting to WDW was more important. Immediately got on the wait list though. Thank God wait list came through, moved to BWV. We bought at OKW in 1994 and it is ok to stay there but prefer BWV or BCV. Haven't back to OKW for over 4 years. SS just doesn't do anything for us.

We're non SSR owners. And we've stayed there. And we enjoyed it. Immensely. Anytime you're in WDW, its your fault if you don't enjoy it. JMHO. :sunny:

I hadn't given SSR much thought until we toured it on an open house evening. I was impressed with the improvements they have made in villa layout since BCV, especially the desk with HSIA in the master bedroom. I thought that was soooo much better than trying to share the tiny table in the living room for laptop and eating. I'm not sure if BCV has the room to add the desk in the MBR, but I'm very sure BWV would have the room. The other thing that I believe is a plus for now (until they update BCV with new sofas) is the foam sofabed pullout in the living room which is suppose to be MUCH more comfortable than the traditional foldouts in the other resorts. I think OKW has some of these new sofas but they are not everywhere.
Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by SSR and we are going to try a 1BR there the next trip. I like Earl of Sandwich so I'm hoping it won't be too far to stroll over to DTD and enjoy eating there while at SSR.
We have enjoyed our stays at BWV, BCV and look forward to SSR.

LoveToDisney said:
You're not slow, I mis-typed HSIA (high speed internet access). Thanks for catching that!

I probably still wouldn't have gotten it, thanks!

The desk and HSIA is a great feature and will be a plus for us if we end up buying and staying at SSR. My dh is a writer and it doesn't go away on vacation. We'd love having a desk in the bedroom.

I toured SS a few weeks ago. I liked the pool,alot. SS owners get the 10 more years. Thats about all I can say...... I was horrified how many units appear to have no view at aLL. I mean, parking lots, the road(not a small internal road, I mean a public road). Not good. I am a BCV owner, and we get no REAL view, but it is sure better than that. I guess some units at SS face DD, but that also underwhelms me. Most OKW units have a really nice view.......

Like some others have mentioned, as SS continues to sell, with so MANY owners there, pressure will be on at the opening of the 7 month window for BCV, BWV, and WLV. OK with me, I book early........

I hope I am wrong, and all SS love SS, and stay there at their home resort most of the time........ but the other resorts seem nicer to me for less points. Esp. OKW.

PatMcDuck said:
II was horrified how many units appear to have no view at aLL. I mean, parking lots, the road(not a small internal road, I mean a public road). Not good. I am a BCV owner, and we get no REAL view, but it is sure better than that.

I couldn't disagree more. The location and "view" of many of the units at BCV is a joke. That resorts has the "road view", not SSR. I don't know how closely you looked at the SSR units, but each building is only one room deep. In almost every case, you enter the room from the parking lot / road side, and the balcony faces Downtown Disney (which is a WONDERFUL view) or one of the waterways inside the resort. Rooms under construction now will also feature a golf course view. Some of the end units on the buildings have a less-than-ideal view, but I'd be shocked if it were more than 5% of the resort.

We planned a trip to WDW during the first week of January 2006, and when we called MS the first week of October, were unable to secure a reservation for anything except SSR. We have been waitlisted for the past 6 weeks for our home resort BCV or Boardwalk, but I am getting the feeling that we will be at SSR. I hope that we like it, but would rather be a bit closer to the action.

Jackie

It would be my last choice for a DVC resort. I like being closer to the action, and the decor does nothing for me. We don't tend to have a car, so that makes it even more inconvienient. I appreciate that others like it, but unless something changes, I don't know if that will be us. (I do like the zero entry pool - my kids don't need it anymore though. And I do like the proximity to a golf course).

mowog said:
Many mention the desire to stay at BWV and BCV during food and wine and flower festival, and VWL during Christmas- but what abour SSR? I know their are different taste but I have no particular desire to stay there as we go to DTD when we're bored and have nothing else to do- usually once per vacation. Please don't flame me but I'm curious.
I may be in the minority, but BWV and BCV have absolutely no appeal to me. I have only stayed at OKW, but if it wasn't available, my second choice would probably be VWL, but SSR would also be a good choice. We like coming "home" to a resort that is quiet and relaxed.

We are quite excited to stay at SSR in Dec '06! I'm thrilled they are adding the new restaurant - they really did need that on site even with DTD so close. We thought the landscaping and pool were gorgeous, and I've heard the rooms are quite nice. We stayed at OKW, and never felt "out of the action" - and it never took us more than 20 minutes on the busses to get anywhere from there. Love the boat and walking to DTD from SSR - just don't see why it'll be bad......

PatMcDuck said:
I toured SS a few weeks ago. I liked the pool,alot. SS owners get the 10 more years. Thats about all I can say...... I was horrified how many units appear to have no view at aLL. I mean, parking lots, the road(not a small internal road, I mean a public road). Not good. I am a BCV owner, and we get no REAL view, but it is sure better than that. I guess some units at SS face DD, but that also underwhelms me. Most OKW units have a really nice view.......

Like some others have mentioned, as SS continues to sell, with so MANY owners there, pressure will be on at the opening of the 7 month window for BCV, BWV, and WLV. OK with me, I book early........

I hope I am wrong, and all SS love SS, and stay there at their home resort most of the time........ but the other resorts seem nicer to me for less points. Esp. OKW.

When the buildings face the road that is only the entrance side of the suite not the window as tjkraz explained. I am only adding what the OP said because I was blown away by this planning/design.........having I'd say 90-95% not only not face a road but not face cars either. Smart. I love not seeing cars from my suite on my vacation. I remember seeing SSR from a DD bus along the main road and thinking, "oooh boy...look at all the buildings facing the roads...not for me at all"....it is only when I looked closer I realized hey there are no windows on that side and then verified when I stayed that I realized that is only the entrance side. Also, numerous suites face water. Not all DD water obviously....but some peaceful water. Planning again.

For those who love to resort hop:

I loved being able to resort hop directly on one bus only, especially late at night, from DD. One bus because I happened to be a five minute walk. This was a nice change from previous trips.

Okay....I'm leaving cause I am a SSR owner!!! Not the point of the thread. I'm gone.

crisi said:
It would be my last choice for a DVC resort. I like being closer to the action, and the decor does nothing for me. We don't tend to have a car, so that makes it even more inconvienient. I appreciate that others like it, but unless something changes, I don't know if that will be us. (I do like the zero entry pool - my kids don't need it anymore though. And I do like the proximity to a golf course).

What is a zero entry pool????

It looks very appealing to me - - may never get there - we seem to just keep with our beloved OKW - - but i would LIKE to stay there a time or two.

We belong to the "any time on disney property is a good time" club. We very very much enjoy the peace and quiet of the way-off-the-beaten-path resorts. I feel like we get two vacation locations for the price of one! Fun and fireworks at the parks - and birds and silence at OKW. Maybe it's because I work in a busy city that I feel the center-of-the-action resorts would not be relaxing for me.

Anyway - SSR - I'll get there someday - and I'll hit the pool, and the spa and the pool and the spa................... mmmmmmmmm!

pmcpmc said:
zero entry on right
no steps or wall to get into pool

Thank you! The pictures you sent me some pictures of the pool were fabulous. The facilies at the pool are perfect for my needs (I am confined to a wheelchair). I can't walk normally but I can stand when I'm in the water. Does anyone know if the pool is heated??

I own at VWL. I'm not "dying" to stay at SSR, but I would happily stay there. I have a trip coming up in 2007 where I think SSR would be a great choice. I will probably want a two-bedroom unit, so the lower points at SSR would be appealing. For that trip, I will also probably be spending a lot of time at DTD, so the SSR location is good. It all depends on availability, of course, but I'll probably wind up at SSR or OKW.

I'm not "dying" to stay anywhere, except my beloved VWL! ;)

That being said, SSR is a first class resort worthy of the Disney name, and looks very appealing. :drinking:

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter