How many non SSR owners are dying to stay there?

PatMcDuck said:
.... but the other resorts seem nicer to me for less points. Esp. OKW.

Only OKW and BWV standard view have a lower point schedule. BCV, BWV preferred, and VWL point schedules are higher.

Jennincincy said:
Thank you! The pictures you sent me some pictures of the pool were fabulous. The facilies at the pool are perfect for my needs (I am confined to a wheelchair). I can't walk normally but I can stand when I'm in the water. Does anyone know if the pool is heated??

Yep, all Disney pools are heated. Zero entry was designed to make it easier for disabled swimmers - you can roll the wheelchair right in if its a water chair, but its also great for small kids. The only DVC resorts with zero entry pools are BCVs (and StormAlong Bay is less good for wheelchairs because of the sand - or so I'd imagine) and SSR.

We own at VB, BCV and VWL. We chose to stay at SSR last March when we were in Orlando for spring training baseball games and golfing. We absolutely loved it. In fact we liked it so well that we decided we would stay anytime we weren't doing the park thing. When we take family with us and go to the parks every day, we will stay at one of the other resorts. But when DH and I go alone, we may not go to the parks at all, or maybe just a day or two. In that case, we love having the rental car right outside our building. We often go on day trips to see the area so the easy access to our vehicle is great. We like the room decor at SSR better than any other resort. And it's so convenient to get to DTD and I-4 to go to other areas.

While I am not necessarily "dying" to stay there, I am certainly looking forward to experiencing a new resort.

DH & I toured it last November when we were down there. It is similar to OKW in its design. OKW is our home resort. I like the exterior entrances, I like parking right outside the door, I love the decor, I liked the main area with the food court.

I sort of belong to the "any Disney vacation is a good vacation" club though.

We are SSR owners. Although, we do not have the experience of staying in other resorts, we were still fairly happy with our 10 night stay in October. Granted, the resort is quite spread out, but we enjoy walking and once we got our barings the 5 to 8 minute stroll to most places was not too bad. We spent a lot more time at DTD this trip and we found the 10 minute walk quite handy for shopping and dining. Heck, we even walked to CrossRoads a couple of times to eat at Uno's, Red Lobster and pick up a few groceries at Goodings. No, we did not have a car.

I am glad it is better than it appeared to me, very glad to be wrong. I would not stay there, for a few reasons. One being that I grew up in upstate NY, so the decor is not that appealing to me. I could not be more delighted that so many people love SS.

And of course, a day at any dVC resort is a wonderful thing.

OK, I'm an owner at SSR so the question doesn't apply to me, but I'll answer anyway...

We really like SSR. We've stayed there twice, once had a studio with a view of a lake with a beautiful fountain in the middle and the second time had a 1-br with a DTD view. Both were wonderful. I have no problem staying there; we love the decor and the pool and proximity to DTD.

Now, I do want to try the other DVC resorts, so we stayed at a studio in OKW (had the most horrible view ever) and a studio with a preferred view at BWV that turned out to be mostly trees. We liked both resorts but didn't see what all the fuss was about. Maybe it's because we do not care where we stay, as long as we're in WDW! We'll be trying VWL next and have plans for BCV next year.

We don't own there and love this resort. I will book any time we can get it over the other WDW resorts. :flower:

PatMcDuck said:
I toured SS a few weeks ago. I liked the pool,alot. SS owners get the 10 more years. Thats about all I can say...... I was horrified how many units appear to have no view at aLL. I mean, parking lots, the road(not a small internal road, I mean a public road). Not good. I am a BCV owner, and we get no REAL view, but it is sure better than that. I guess some units at SS face DD, but that also underwhelms me. Most OKW units have a really nice view.......

Like some others have mentioned, as SS continues to sell, with so MANY owners there, pressure will be on at the opening of the 7 month window for BCV, BWV, and WLV. OK with me, I book early........

I hope I am wrong, and all SS love SS, and stay there at their home resort most of the time........ but the other resorts seem nicer to me for less points. Esp. OKW.

View is all in the eye of the beholder. I don't find any of the views at BCV great and certainly not any better than any of the SSR views. I would much prefer to look at landscaped grounds, lakes and fountains to a parking lot and roadway behind a swimming pool.

OKW views are lovely but many are landscaped grounds, golf course and fountains which I find again really no different from SSR.

And I am still confused by the internal road at BCV it is Epcot Resort Blvd and gets enough traffic to be considered a major road. A large portion of the rooms and balconies at BCV actually face this road, while at SSR the back of the buildings and parking lot at the Paddock area face the road, not the balconies.

The views of DD are very lovely to many, so while none of the views appeal to you which is your right and opinion, they do appeal to many others.

We own at VWL, however I have only stayed there once and while I don't mind staying there, it isn't my 1st choice. We loved BCV, it normally is our 1st choice, however one thing we like about DVC is staying at different resorts.

We were waiting for a good rate on AKL room instead of points this trip and didn't get it so by the time we got around to borrowing the points and booking, SSR is the only thing open. Not our 1st choice, but we are really looking forward to trying it. There are a lot of good things about it. Hope we have a great time! :goodvibes

We like to try all the different WDW resorts. DVC and non DVC, so I am sure we will stay at SSR someday. We like the DVC resorts that are close to the parks, so BWV, BCV and VWL are our favorites. I am sure we will enjoy SSR for an occasional visit over the years, just as we do OKW.

So far,we have stayed at the BCV & BWV, as well as our home Resort SSR. Honestly, both epcot area DVC resorts are wonderful in the respect that they are soo close to 2 parks, and the Boardwalk , AND, there are some rooms @ the BCV that are right over a road, (one of which we had !). Great if you looked straight across :flower: you had a view at epcot, but if you looked down, your viewing cars, buses, and delivery trucks, (with the added road noise).
DH & I really love SSR. After a day at the parks, or whatever adventure we plan @ WDW for the day, the peaceful view at congress park overlooking the boats that travel to to and from DTD, (which is, if I forgot to mention, another beautiful view!) ,we find very calming, and relaxing ;)
We have never stayed at VWL, and while I find it a beautiful resort, (and love dining there ), I`m not an old frontier lover. So, again, it`s a matter of individual taste. And I certainly wouldn`t say that I would NEVER stay there. I think that even though I prefer our home resort, I would like to experience (even once ), all of the others :goodvibes

We stayed at Saratoga for the first time, this past May, it was a last minute trip, and it was the DVC resort available. We were not looking forward to it.
We ended up loving Saratoga.
Just came back from another stay at Saratoga, still loving it. :sunny:
A few things we like about SSR
zero entry pool
different lunch specials each day
mug refill at the pool (wish all DVC had this)
CMs are sooooooo nice.
My home resort is OKW, stayed there about 20+ times, so enough of OKW
BWV we liked, but I think you have to get real lucky there on a "decent" room location.
BCV, we really like too, great pool and location.
VWL, we have no desire to try, although we probably will one day. I think as DVC owners, we should all try out the differents resorts.

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Jennincincy said:
pmcpmc said:
zero entry on right
no steps or wall to get into pool

Thank you! The pictures you sent me some pictures of the pool were fabulous. The facilies at the pool are perfect for my needs (I am confined to a wheelchair). I can't walk normally but I can stand when I'm in the water. Does anyone know if the pool is heated??
Keep in mind that the pool at SSR with the zero entry is only 3 1/2 feet deep at the deepest point.
The pool was beautiful and the zero entry was nice, but the pool was not deep enough for me to bring my DD (who has CP) into the pool. We need a depth of at least 4-5 feet (preferably closer to 5).

I plan on staying there sometime. And I figure when my kids gets older and they are on their own in Disney SSR will be a nice change but I wouldn't say I am dying to stay there.

Aneille said:
I plan on staying there sometime. And I figure when my kids gets older and they are on their own in Disney SSR will be a nice change but I wouldn't say I am dying to stay there.
I hope you dont mean that literally!

SueM in MN said:
Keep in mind that the pool at SSR with the zero entry is only 3 1/2 feet deep at the deepest point.
The pool was beautiful and the zero entry was nice, but the pool was not deep enough for me to bring my DD (who has CP) into the pool. We need a depth of at least 4-5 feet (preferably closer to 5).

According to DVC's sales literature, the maximum depth at HRS is 4'11".

I have stayed at SSR and I loved it more than I though I would.

the setting is pretty peacefully (yes even with the construction).

the rooms are a bit to deluxe for me...Sorry but I would hate to drop or spill anything here. It is just too deluxe for me.

I preferred OKW - more laid back and if I drop something I know who to call to get it fixed before it stains.....plus the lower points at OKW really make it worth it for me.

now if I had points to burn - I would definitely go again or at least make a reservations. the 20's year old I traveled with once - spend every night - yes that is EVERY NIGHT at PI - so I am sure they would appreciate this resort.

nothing like being able to walk back to your resort.

when I walked to DD area it was only 5 to 10 minutes - taking the bus - it would easily be 45 minutes to 90 minutes.

tjkraz said:
According to DVC's sales literature, the maximum depth at HRS is 4'11".
I walked around the whole thing (inside the pool) to try to figure out how deep it was. The deepest part I could find was back by the slide (where you can't swim). There may be a deeper area right there, but the deepest depth marking along the side of the pool I could find was 3 ft 8 inches.
From what I could see and from what I know about how gradual a slope is required to be accessible (1 foot of length for every inch of drop - so an extra 12 inches deeper would require a 12 foot "ramp"), I don't think the literature is correct.

We stayed at SSR this past January. Even though I own at BWV, my favorite is VWL. I was disappointed that I couldn't get either one of those, but I also come from the school of thinking that "if it's Disney...it's great!" So, SSR and OKW were the only ones available. I figured that it would be nice to try something new! We really liked it! :Pinkbounc We loved having the bus stop so close to our "house". And the bus was NEVER crowded! The pool was very nice! And the people were very friendly! Of course, when we went the construction was still everywhere and that wasn't too cool, but they put us down at the end to where we were right by the end of the lake, close to the walkway over. We ended up walking over to DTD more often than we normally would. I would definitely stay there again no problem!! We had a two bedroom and there was plenty of room! The layout was very nice. Vive la difference!!!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter