How well do you know your current nextdoor neighbour?

We don’t actually have neighbors right next door. We have some across the road who are fairly new and some a few doors down but we don’t really know them.

Just well enough to wave to.....DH has talked to them a bit more, but not a lot.
We only have 1 next door neighbor.

Neighbors on the east side, so so. Never been in their house since they have owned it. Successfully negotiated splitting the cost of a shared fence with them. The old fence was still standing, just due to be replaced.
Neighbors on the west side, so so. Never been in their house since they have owned it. Also had to split the cost of a shared fence with them. But in that case, 4 sections of fence had blown over, and they have a pool so there was some urgency in getting the fence fixed. Took him 9 months of me and him getting bids until he found one he was comfortable with the contractor. The total price spread in 4 bids was $100. But it is their first house, and he was in his 40's so he was used to just calling a landlord to fix things.
By comparison, the previous people in that house, we were neighbors for 35 years. Very close to them. They moved 20 miles away to another city and we still get together every other month for lunch.

Very well for one of them next to us. She’s elderly and watches our pups when we go out of town and handle puppy play dates with her dog twice a week since they are also such good friends. She comes to all the kids school shows too, she’s like our adopted grandma.

I know one family very well (I dog and house sit for them all the time) and sadly we just lost my other neighbor. 97 years young and reunited with her husband. May they rest peacefully.

We are neighborly. On the left side, great young family that helped me fix my fence during the lockdown. I've gone and collected his outdoor furniture across the street at 3am when the winds were blowing a month ago, etc. The one to the right, we talk. She is an odd duck. Nice, but wierd. You can be talking and she'll just decide she's done and leave in mid sentence. Or I can be talking to other people, she wants to know what's doing on so she comes and just stands in the middle of us and doesn't say a word. They are nice, just she's wierd.

Live on a culdesac. Two of the three neighbors have been here for 40+ years. We've been even more (yes, we're old). We are not 'coffee Klachy' and do not go out socially but we like both a lot. They are now widows (young widows, one with shocking accident) and carefully watch out for our house when snowbirding past several years. So comforting to us while 2000 miles away.

We know if we needed help or they needed help, we would jump at the opportunity to help. The same with the 4th person in the culdesac. Not as close but help would be on the way in the blink of an eye.

We are very blessed.

That means a lot.

We have great neighbors and are friendly with all of them. However, we are very close to the ones next door on one side. I've traveled with them (and will again) and we hang out with them often. We share special things that we cook all the time. I'm blessed to have them as neighbors.

Pretty close to the one neighbor. We’ve been neighbors 26 years. We have been thru a lot together. The other side we are definitely friendly with but not super close.

I live on a cul de sac, so I have 3 neighbors near me. We have lived here for 2 and 1/2 years. I do not know any of them well. They are basically friendly and we will chat a few times a year, but I can never remember their names. They are all older and mostly retired and we are the only ones with a young child. I would like to know them a little more, but it is what it is.

Not at all, really.

One side I know I know from sight who they are but other than that I know nothing about them. The other side I have no clue who is living there. I am pretty sure it regularly changes.

New development, most of our neighbors only speak english as a second language. They're all nice the few times we've interacted ( I lend them tools, they wave and say hi if they're outside when we leave or come home). Other than that and the occasional mis delivered package there's not much interaction. If I'm not working on social media/streaming then we're at the parks gathering content.

Fairly well. We've been next door neighbors for about 20 years. She's in her 90s so we don't see her outside as much as we used to.

Next to me, I can sometimes remember her name. She's in her 70's, works at Boscovs in the mall.

I'm on the corner and in a mobile neighborhood. Don't know a thing about the one across from me on the corner. Across the other road, they are lined up with the ends of their homes to the road rather than the other side of me set long side to the road. So there's an older lady that I also can't remember her name. Next to her, directly across from my driveway is a single guy just a few years older than I am. We chat all the time if we're both out doing something. We both have motorcycles, though he isn't into getting together with others and going for a ride so we've never rode together. I come home to see him working on the bike or on the car, which I know he isn't very mechanically inclined, nor does he have an 8x8 shed full of tools like I do, so I pop over to give him a hand often.

Behind me is Bob. Bob and his wife are deaf. I don't know her, but he knocks on my door all the time looking for help. He's an absolute hoot. Most of the time I don't know what he's trying to say to me and he laughs constantly about it. I was out in the yard when he stops in his truck hand motioning to me yelling his language? to me. I figured it out, he was picking up his windshield of his side-by-side and needed help installing it. He'd be back shortly. I gave him a thumps up. He comes back with a buddy, so doesn't need my help any more but I head up to his place. I get up there and extend my hand to the new guy, "How ya doing, I'm mrodgers." And he points to his ear and moans and mumbles indicating he too is deaf. I said, "Sheesh, doesn't anyone hear around here?" and they laugh hysterically.

So we get the windshield up on his toy and I notice a big dent, scrape, and rust on the corner of the truck. I remember when he jack knifed his trailer and hit the truck with it. I point it and say to new guy, "Gee, I thought he was deaf, not blind." Poor guy nearly fell on the ground laughing.

Bob's wife's sister lives across my front road 2nd place in. She is also deaf. She waves to me. She doesn't accept help from anyone. In her 80's I'm guessing, she's out there riding a lawn tractor, push mowing, weed wacking, everything. Cleans up her leaves with the push mower dumping them on a tarp to drag to the woods. I just saw her under the hood of her car yesterday as I drove past. She's so lively and she could be the Queen's who just passed away twin sister. Looks just like Queen Elizabeth (I think that was her name, I don't pay attention to that stuff, LOL.)

One side of us I work with the wife and used to work with both of them. Know them fairly well but we are friends that hang out.

The other side, we've met the husband but the wife has never spoken to us. They've lived there over 5 years. DH knows more about the husband than I do since he's caught the neighbor outside buck naked 3 times. (and we don't have fences in our back yards).

Last edited:
Know the neighbors very well. Have 2 little girls, one is a first grader in school, she got off the bus the other day, couldn't get into the house so she came over to our house, (glad she knew to come over) called her dad and he gave us a garage code to let her in. One day, extremely windy, they have a big 2 story house, same girl got off the bus, came over because dad wasn't home yet and she was scared, (I think the wind was making some noises in the house) talked to her dad again and she stayed with us until he got home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter