Huge deers roaming the TTC parking lot!

DOOM1001

DIS Veteran
I was on a bus heading to the MK this past wednesday when someone in the bus says " look at that Great Dane running in the parking lot" then the whole bus turned and saw that it was a huge deer running free in the middle of the TTC parking lot!And when I say it was huge I'm not kidding,could it be an Animal Kingdom runaway maybe?

While on the monorail in August we say several deer on the route from TTC and EPCOT. They were good size whitetail, I believe. We also say a lot of wild turkeys:)

When we were at WDW in Oct we did the Haunted Carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness. While we waited we saw 4-5 deer in the clearing across the road from the stables. The CM that was there said they come out all the time.

Stayed at GF in early December. I think every night but one we saw deer at the front of the resort (by the lighted signs that say GF on them...and funny enough, right next to all the lighted reindeer they had up for Christmas!). We were surprised too, but it was pretty neat to see them so close to the resorts.

I currently have 8 deer in my front yard.

Yeah - they are everywhere here in NJ! :teeth:

But it is nice to see them there in Florida, as you don't really expect it!

The deer don't surprise me anymore. We see them all the time. You just want to be careful driving in the morning and evening in areas like Disney where they are seen frequently. The road that circles behind the MK, as well as the road that goes by the entrance to FW are well known for deer crossings.

The coyotes, however, still surprise me, as well as the black bears. Those we don't see so much - maybe once or twice a year.

When we were there in January, we stayed at POR. On the bus ride to MK, we saw atleast 30 out by the road, some even on the edge of the road, all eating and watching the traffic. There were so many of them we were all amazed and I was so stunned, I couldn't get the camera out to take a picture. They are evidently aware that they are protected at WDW and are NOT scared of the loud buses!!

Do the deer down in WDW carry ticks that have Lyme disease? It's a big issue up here, just wanted to know if we need to do the tick repellent down there too.

We see the deer often in the early evening on the road that runs past Fort Wilderness towards the MK. We saw about a dozen along this route when we were there last week.

Do the deer down in WDW carry ticks that have Lyme disease? It's a big issue up here, just wanted to know if we need to do the tick repellent down there too.

This is from wikipedia:

The lone star tick (Amblyomma americanum), which is found throughout the Southeastern United States as far west as Texas, is unlikely to transmit the Lyme disease spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi, though it may be implicated in a related syndrome called southern tick-associated rash illness, which resembles a mild form of Lyme disease.

Not unless you're going to go up and pet the deer.

In 20 years of WDW trips, I've never seen a single tick anywhere on WDW property, or anywhere in Orlando, for that matter. Of course, I spend most of my time in the parks, resorts, and other developed areas, and not so much in Ft Wilderness or the undeveloped grounds; I'm sure they are there, but if you're just going to the parks and resorts, you probably won't see any, and have no need for tick repellent whatsoever.

I couple of months ago I actually saw deer while in MK. I was on the trail between Tomorrowland and Toontown (close to the train station) and saw the deer on the other side of the train tracks. That was a first for me.

We like to ride bikes between WL and FW and we often see deer along that trail.

Bobbi:goodvibes

There are tons of deer on WDW property. I see them all the time. There are other forms of wildlife as well. There a bobcats living in the woods next to the building where I work on WDW property. Neat!

We like to ride bikes between WL and FW and we often see deer along that trail.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We walked the trail, and we saw them off in a distance, but walked right up next to them. They just walked across the path, like we weren't even there.

ry%3D400

There are tons of deer on WDW property. I see them all the time. There are other forms of wildlife as well. There a bobcats living in the woods next to the building where I work on WDW property. Neat!
My dh told me he saw a bobcat over by POR. We were taking the Ferry back from DTD and he saw on sitting on the side of the river and he scurried away. I didn't believe him.

And, what do you do at WDW?

The strangest animals I have seen at WDW, and I have only seen one time, was the small group of pink and block spotted pigs. They were just past the Car Care Center as we were driving away from WDW.
The deer are very common.
Once while driving down Western Way (towards 429) I had to stop to allow an alligator to cross the road. :scared1:

That's funny, I always see deers when I go on trips to WDW. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: Wouldn't surprise me if they place them there just for the 'heaven on earth' atmosphere that you see in the films :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter