I’m so torn… BLT or BWV

I would have to go with BWV. I own there, but even if I didn't, that would be my choice. We tend to break during the day, and the proximity to Epcot and HS cannot be beat. We often go back and forth to Epcot several times a day since it's so easy to do. The boardwalk at night is so fun. I agree with Flying Fish and Trattoria, as both are excellent restaurants. Quick service isn't great. Having the Skyliner within walking distance is also a major plus - quick access to Riviera for more food options! We walk so much anyway, that we don't let the hallways bother us.

I own at both, love both and also hate BCV. I would say keep BLT. The standard view BLT is a harder to book room than the P/G view BW room. I'd hold onto it since you have it. You'll have plenty of other opportunities to book P/G at the BW and I wouldn't want to risk being moved somewhere you're unhappy with because renovations still aren't done.

BLT and BWV owner here. My vote is BWV.
Don't forget you have dining options also at the Swan & Dolphin.

BWV for the win. Good chance of refurbed room and we LOVE the location. 2 parks, all sorts of food choices (swan &dolphin places, etc) plus the fun of the boardwalk.

Biased because Epcot is our favorite park.

Ah that's understandable. I love BLT for the convenience to MK too (we are also big MK people), and I know you said you're leaning more towards BLT, but I"m also Team Try All DVC Resorts! For that reason, I would go with BWV especially it's just you two traveling this trip.
You sound like me! We love the monorail resorts, but we do want to try all the DVC resorts. This is my struggle. In the end I’m sure we will be happy with either resort. DH is no help and just says pick a place.

Two adults leads me to automatically say BWV, just for the array of WS dining options on your doorstep.
You’re right about all the dining options and I do want to try a lot of them… the sad thing is we NEVER end up eating at WS restaurants. We have only ever eaten at Teppan Edo of all the places to eat. I don’t know what is wrong with us!! 🤦🏼‍♀️ We are creatures of habit though and tend to stick with what we know. We have got to branch out more and try new things.

I would have to go with BWV. I own there, but even if I didn't, that would be my choice. We tend to break during the day, and the proximity to Epcot and HS cannot be beat. We often go back and forth to Epcot several times a day since it's so easy to do. The boardwalk at night is so fun. I agree with Flying Fish and Trattoria, as both are excellent restaurants. Quick service isn't great. Having the Skyliner within walking distance is also a major plus - quick access to Riviera for more food options! We walk so much anyway, that we don't let the hallways bother us.
I’m definitely going to check those restaurants out since they both seem to be highly recommended.

I own at both, love both and also hate BCV. I would say keep BLT. The standard view BLT is a harder to book room than the P/G view BW room. I'd hold onto it since you have it. You'll have plenty of other opportunities to book P/G at the BW and I wouldn't want to risk being moved somewhere you're unhappy with because renovations still aren't done.
I do wonder when they’ll be done renovating. I’m not sure the condition the BWV rooms are in, but we didn’t get a refurbished BCV room when we went for Labor Day and the MBR shower was in bad shape. Every time we opened the door it sounded like the glass door was going to break because it wasn’t set right on the hinges. I know BLT isn’t in the best shape anymore either though.

BWV for the win. Good chance of refurbed room and we LOVE the location. 2 parks, all sorts of food choices (swan &dolphin places, etc) plus the fun of the boardwalk.
And for us the Riv is just a short gondola ride away and has Primo Piatto, Bar Riva, Toppolino's and La Petite cafe. The little loafs of Banana Bread at Primo are all we need for breakfast. Bar Riva is a laid back little outdoor bar but heated and air conditioned with good sandwhiches. Love the QS places there.

You’re right about all the dining options and I do want to try a lot of them… the sad thing is we NEVER end up eating at WS restaurants. We have only ever eaten at Teppan Edo of all the places to eat. I don’t know what is wrong with us!! 🤦🏼‍♀️ We are creatures of habit though and tend to stick with what we know. We have got to branch out more and try new things.
Nothing wrong with sticking to what you know and comfortable with! But it's definitely a good idea ti take advantage of the location and try more of the dining venues around crescent lake!

Last edited:
I do wonder when they’ll be done renovating. I’m not sure the condition the BWV rooms are in, but we didn’t get a refurbished BCV room when we went for Labor Day and the MBR shower was in bad shape. Every time we opened the door it sounded like the glass door was going to break because it wasn’t set right on the hinges. I know BLT isn’t in the best shape anymore either though.
Yeah neither are in ideal shape. BLT is one of the next to get done. But, I'd hate to keep boardwalk and then end up being moved to somewhere like SSR. Not all people were treated fairly when it came to being relocated and some of the options I would've been pretty upset about.

Thanks for all the info. I do think I lean more towards BLT mostly for the location above all else.
We own at both BLT and BWV. I'd choose based on the park you intend to frequent the most since you are mostly open to close types. I love BWV for the walks to EP and DHS and love BLT for the walk to MK. Each resort has its own pros and cons that seem to cancel out for me.

We like both resorts but prefer BLT because there are less outside visitors traipsing through the resort. BWV has a train station feel which is not for us. If we stay at BWV, it is off season which helps with that a bit. We also prefer the quick service at BLT, although we seem to be in the minority here! We love the quick service at poly and pop over there in the monorail too. I find whenever we stay at BWV or BCV we are always looking for food.

We had a renovated studio (overlooking Village Green) the second week of Dec. We have an upcoming stay in March in a Boardwalk View studio, which I'm fairly certain are complete as well. I would be hesitant to stay here if someone in our party might be subjected to an old sofa bed - they are indeed horrible. The new murphy beds are wonderful in comparison. Based on comments from people being moved, I would guess the reno won't be complete for a few more months.

And for us the Riv is just a short gondola ride away and has Primo Piatto, Bar Riva, Toppolino's and La Petite cafe. The little loafs of Banana Bread at Primo are all we need for breakfast. Bar Riva is a laid back little outdoor bar but heated and air conditioned with good sandwhiches. Love the QS places there.
Yes! We love Bar Riva. We like to ride the skyliner over there for a drink to sit down and chill for a bit.

Yeah neither are in ideal shape. BLT is one of the next to get done. But, I'd hate to keep boardwalk and then end up being moved to somewhere like SSR. Not all people were treated fairly when it came to being relocated and some of the options I would've been pretty upset about.
I agree that it’s definitely a concern. I wouldn’t be happy to feel like I got downgraded.

We own at both BLT and BWV. I'd choose based on the park you intend to frequent the most since you are mostly open to close types. I love BWV for the walks to EP and DHS and love BLT for the walk to MK. Each resort has its own pros and cons that seem to cancel out for me.
Same for me. This is kind of a quick trip for us. Only going 4 nights this time. We will arrive on a Wednesday, which is MK extended evening hours, so the idea of staying at BLT to be so close for that late night is tempting. When we stayed at BCV, we did love that we got to do early entry and ride both Remy and Frozen before the park even officially opened, since we got to use the IG entrance. We also enjoyed the skyliner to HS from BCV area also. But then we enjoy the monorail to EP also. Ahhh… DH says just pick one already. If I knew for sure BWV wouldn’t try to relocate us, I’d probably go with that since we haven’t stayed there yet.

We like both resorts but prefer BLT because there are less outside visitors traipsing through the resort. BWV has a train station feel which is not for us. If we stay at BWV, it is off season which helps with that a bit. We also prefer the quick service at BLT, although we seem to be in the minority here! We love the quick service at poly and pop over there in the monorail too. I find whenever we stay at BWV or BCV we are always looking for food.
We’ve actually never stepped foot in BWV/BWI so I have nothing to go on except for just watching YouTube and word of mouth. We love to eat at Poly also. It’s a must do every time we visit WDW.

We had a renovated studio (overlooking Village Green) the second week of Dec. We have an upcoming stay in March in a Boardwalk View studio, which I'm fairly certain are complete as well. I would be hesitant to stay here if someone in our party might be subjected to an old sofa bed - they are indeed horrible. The new murphy beds are wonderful in comparison. Based on comments from people being moved, I would guess the reno won't be complete for a few more months.
That’s what I’m starting to think about the renovation. We won’t need the sofa bed this time so that’s a plus. I just wish they’d post at least an estimated time frame on completion so we don’t have to keep guessing. That would sure help me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter