I got a post card!

loveswdw

DIS Veteran
I just want to whine a little... I got a post card today for an unbelievable rate of $79 at selected moderates!

Normally I would be very happy but its for 8/25/02-10/02/02. I'm not going until November & I can't change my plans. Well, hopefully another card will come in the mail but I'm not going to hold my breath. Last one I received was last winter for January/Feb. rates.

Oh well-- I know many of you can sympathize! Thanks for listening!

loveswdw

With all my trips to Disney since 1975 I have never gotten one postcard. I would be excited to get one but as my luck has it the months would be different from what I am planning. Oh well, I'll still go and get my Disney fix, what's life without it. ;)

79 for mods --- WOW that is a great rate!!!!!! Which mods?

Renee

Right now for 8/25/02-10/02/02, there are some of the best rates I've ever seen at WDW! We booked the Poly at $174 per night. Are you kidding me?!?! :)
(You have to book by 7/8)

Just a quick idea.
I know in the past, folks have done this, so it may work for you.

Call the CRO and tell them that you got a postcard, but you wouldn't be able to go until November, and the dates aren't valid then, is there any way to extend the offer?

Some will say NO WAY....others will ask for your postcard code and name...depends on the Reservationist. You'll be on hold a bit, then they may have a "counteroffer" for you. It won't be as cheap as $79 most likely....perhaps in the mid $80 - Low $90 range, but you may get a better rate than a code.

Just lay it on really thick that you truly want to go, and couldn't possibly get away until November...don't mention you were already going to go there...it is better for you if they think this code made you want to come to "the world."

I'm not saying you should lie, and say, "I won't go to Disney without this code. I'm just saying, Mums the word, and you may get a better deal than your current November one.

Let us know what happens.
All my best
~Tina

BrianD: How did you getthe great rate $174 at the Poly? Did you use a code or is that an AP rate. I am staying at the Poly 9/19 and got a $200 a night rate. I would love to save myself the $26 a night. Your help is appreciated. THANKS :)

ReneeDisney,

I used a code that was good for certain states - I don't remember what all they were, I just remember that GA was one of them. :D There is another deal that's available during that time for everyone, in fact you can book it on WDW site.

Also, let me clarify, the $174 does not include tax. With tax it comes out to 193.14 per night.

Thanks for the info. I'm spending a couple dollars more than you. Enjoy your trip! :)

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back here. The postcard just says "selected moderates" so I'm not sure which ones. I'm assuming probably the CBR & POR & POFQ. I may go ahead & move my trip dates up just to be able to get these rates. I'll post again when I book.

Thanks for the encouragement everybody!

loveswdw:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter