I hate when people change plans!

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
My sister and I are taking my father out to lunch for his 84th birthday. His choice. The restaurant he picked is an hour away. We were supposed to leave at 11:00 this morning. She calls this morning and tells my father she'd be over at noon. :rolleyes: If it was a local restaurant, it wouldn't necessarily bother me. My kids start getting home from school at 3:15. Her response, "They have keys." :rolleyes: I didn't tell them I was going out and even if the older 2 can get in the house, I have to hope they remember to get the littlest one from the bus stop!

Sometimes it seems that she thinks since I'm a stay at home mom, my time isn't important. :( When I asked what she had to do, all she would tell me was "personal stuff". How much personal stuff can come up in less than a day?? :bounce:

Even though we compromised at agreed up 11:30, I know sure as I am sitting here, she'll be late and not get here til noon anyway!! :earseek:

Thanks for listening to me rant! :) Better not have any more coffee this morning!!!;)

I understand what you are saying! I have a single sister with no concept of anything but HER time!! Why don't we have another cup of coffee and compare notes! :p

Hope you have a good day!! And maybe she'll come through for you!

I know SEVERAL people like that! They have NO concept for how busy some folks can be.

My sister is frequently changing plans, usually at the very last minute. Last Mother's day, we were taking our mother (75) to one of her favorite restaurants, a 45+ minute drive. The place didn't take reservations and the wait on an average Sunday was 1-2 hours, special occasions were 2-3 hours. They were supposed to be at my mother's at 10:45. At 11:05, they called. They wouldn't be there until after 1. This would mean that we wouldn't get to the restaurant until close to 2 and may have to wait until at 4 or so to even get seated. Mother was very upset. This was not the first time my sister did something like this. Plus, we had worked out the schedule to the best of our ability to work around Mother's medication schedule.

Mother decided she really didn't want to wait that late. So, the two of us went by ourselves and had a wonderful brunch. And, because there were only two of us and were willing to sit at a small table, we waited less than an hour.

I am glad that I did what Mother wanted on that Mother's Day because it turned out to be her last.

I've always been a 'go with the flow' type of person in these situations so I don't usually get upset (unless I'm on vacation, then I get all uptight about everything, ugghh, gotta learn to relax on vacation!) but I try to make sure I'm always where I'm supposed to be when I'm supposed to be there because that is the considerate thing to do. I agree that it was very inconsiderate of your sister to change the plans at the last minute like that.

I formally worked where the MEETINGS would start an hour late..sometimes an hour and a half!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter