I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the meantime I might apply for the Hilton personal card too lol. Especially since I found out DH needs $600 worth of work on his car :faint: It'll put me over 5/24, but I'll be back to 3/24 in November. No plans to pick up any Chase cards anytime soon anyways since I got the Hyatt card in February. I figure I can cancel my CIP when the AF comes due in May and then pick another one up in November if that deal hasn't tanked yet. That would give me some URs to play with for Japan next year.
Or you could get a 2nd CIP in May...why wait (and hope) it’s still available in Nov? May is less than 2 weeks away.

They actually emailed me immediately with that link- good work, Citi IT! For once.

And it just says it's pending. I doubt I'll be calling in since it's my second biz with no mailer and would rather avoid awkward questions lol.
You’re not crazy - couldn’t get it to business with dummy booking for me either. Finally used a doc link.
Citi sent me the status link too except the one for personal not biz!!!
Mine went pending about a week, then an email I was approved. Good luck!

I haven't been posting as much but certainly have kept up with all the posts and I have something wonderful to share,
Hilton FINALLY sent me the free one night voucher I mentioned waaay back in February!!! Yes, it did take a long time but they came through like I knew they would. Totally stoked as I have plans for this!!! It does have an expiration date of 4/30/2020 and is hotel specific to Hampton Inn worldwide both of which pose no issues for me. Not valid in New Year's Eve, forget to add that part.

In case you don't remember, upon checking into our room we found a used towel and a man's dirty underwear in the bathroom. :scared:

Anyway, I'm a happy camper! Happy Easter Weekend everyone! :grouphug:

Last edited:
You have to buy a certain week now for the new place, as opposed to using points when you want?

You can still buy any number of points to use at any time..but Disney started selling fixed weeks too for those who want to vacation the same week and in the same size villa every year

@PolyRob beat me to it with probably a better explanation of the guaranteed week than I would have given, but no basically I decided to do a GW because there was really no down side. I bought a standard studio week 45 which is Sunday to Sunday and 130 points. It guards against point adjustments down the road. Week 45 is the second week of November and includes Veteran’s Day. It is a good time to go as includes end of Food and Wine and the beginning of Christmas in the other parks. Since our other resort is BLT the party season is the time I am less likely to want to stay there. In the foreseeable future I will probably just count the 130 points as my Riviera points. They are an October UY just like my other contract. We vacation all different times and in all sort of room sizes, but this is a hedge for the future and I feel like adds some value. I also like to think that a GW would be easier for the girls and their famillies to share in future years. Riviera expires in 2070!

@PolyRob definitely do a tour of the Riviera models. I was impressed with them...I had a guide explain to me that Riviera will be like if VGF and BLT had a baby. It might be the perfect resort for you! If you still wanted a MK resort you could get a resale contract.

Congrats on your Riviera purchase!
Not a biz card but the Amex Everyday has 0% for 15 months and $0 balance transfer fee. SUB is 25,000 MR. I picked up this card last year when I needed to float money.

That is actually a really good idea. Thank you! Assuming no pop up DH could get that. Decent bonus and that would give us some time.

Amex credit cards are only 1 in a 90 day period or is it only 2 in a 90 day period? Or is that just wrong completely?!?

Done now with the MSR on both the SW Priority (mine) and the United Biz (P2’s). Need to get back to bringing in some URs. My SW card I opened on 3/4. So I’m thinking I should wait 3 months before getting CIP2. Any idea on something else to work on in the meantime? I’m 3/24 and will be 2/24 end of May. I don’t have any MR cards yet but P2 has the Amex Plat.

Or you could get a 2nd CIP in May...why wait (and hope) it’s still available in Nov? May is less than 2 weeks away.

Agreed! If you can swing the MSRs get CIP in May. You could still get the Hilton personal now since Amex delays to report!

Hmmm... maybe double dip in May with a Hilton and a CIP? I have to think about this... 5k MSR might be harder juggling other MSRs right now since now I’ve paid off my student loan and most of Disney. I will still have about $800 left to pay on disney after I do my $2000 gift card payment though.

You guys are enablers :rotfl2:

Hmmm... maybe double dip in May with a Hilton and a CIP? I have to think about this... 5k MSR might be harder juggling other MSRs right now since now I’ve paid off my student loan and most of Disney. I will still have about $800 left to pay on disney after I do my $2000 gift card payment though.

Chase does give 115 days to meet that MSR ;) and AMEX will delay reporting that card a couple of months most likely.

Agreed! If you can swing the MSRs get CIP in May. You could still get the Hilton personal now since Amex delays to report!

I just want to point out to anyone lurking here that this is one of the best reasons to come out of lurkdom and share your ideas! Even though I've been churning for a year and a half, I wouldn't have thought to do what was suggested here by others!

Total enablers. I’d grab the CIP2 before that goes away. I know you need Hilton pts. You could get some visa or mc gift cards and push them through Best Buy for some more Disney $$ (for food and souvenirs)

I just finished the MSR on the CitiBiz AA (nonmailer 2nd) card I received today. Fingers crossed for the 40k miles! Will try to get a 20k match after the transaction posts. Late night chat still the best route on that?

Also self-referred for the 10k Plastiq promo and hope that works!

Still working on CIP2 and Arrival+ MSRs...

I just want to point out to anyone lurking here that this is one of the best reasons to come out of lurkdom and share your ideas! Even though I've been churning for a year and a half, I wouldn't have thought to do what was suggested here by others!
This is such a great point!

We truly are blessed with so many experts and creative thinkers. Sometimes when charting your own strategy it’s hard to step back and see a different idea. The worst that can happen is we either agree with your idea OR you hate our ideas, and nobody will force you to do what we said lol!

Let people on the thread help you live “your best churning life!”

EDIT: I’m adding your comment to the news thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter