I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll throw in my data point. A few years ago my wife bought her parents and me testing kits. At that time there was very little matching with relatives. It was just out of interest in ethnic heritage. I am adopted, and I didn't really have an interested in finding my birth mother. My Ancestry ethnic heritage turned out to be pretty boring, and it has become more boring as it has been refined. My father-in-law found out he has a little Polynesian in hum, though, so that's kind of fun.

This past January I was contacted by a first cousin who matched with me on Ancestry. We've been conversing, and with a few clues from her and some low-level cyber-creeping, I've been able to figure out who my birth mother is. Through other matches I have been able to narrow down my birth father to two individuals. It's been surprisingly fun learning a little bit about them, though I still don't feel an urge to disrupt my life or theirs with an actual meet.

I don't know what the point of my story is other than to point out that there are a ton of people doing these genetic tests now, and it seems to be highly probable that you can match with at least second/third cousins, and possibly with closer relatives. Add in a little Google, and there's a reasonable probability that you can find a birth family.

Looks like another Chase shutdown story on r/churning: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...central_thread_week_of_april_18_2019/el8ce2d/

10/18 CSR
11/18 CFU
01/19 CIP
02/19 CIC and WOH
04/19 CIP2

3/24, ~5 yrs.+ AAoA, but 6 Chase cards in 6 months! :sad2:

Under review after trying to use WOH and got declined on 4/17. Claims he tried buying $500 GC at a drug store (I've been seeing LOTS of reports about $505.95 purchases triggering issues with Chase.) Says spend has been pretty consistent for 3 months
And yet anytime you mention "pacing" on r/churning they blast you and tell you it's a sprint nor a marathon. I for one will enjoy playing this game for many years to come and am happy to take a reasonable pace to achieve that.

So I was approved for Citi Biz on 4/11 and still no card....even though I got the benefits packet. Should I be concerned/call?

I know it took @SouthFayetteFan's last card forever but it seemed that was due to an issue. Maybe be patient another week? Still have some MSR on another card so not a huge deal.

@wendow what happened when you chatted with citi requesting the match? I got, "As you have been a valuable customer with CITI let me go ahead and make a request on your account to match the offer from 40,000 to 60,000 miles. I have successfully send [sic] the request for you. You will receive the email notification within 3-5 business days. Be assured Citi is always there for you to take care." I'm not sure if I got it or not!

So I was approved for Citi Biz on 4/11 and still no card....even though I got the benefits packet. Should I be concerned/call?

I know it took @SouthFayetteFan's last card forever but it seemed that was due to an issue. Maybe be patient another week? Still have some MSR on another card so not a huge deal.
Mine was a fraud issue. I got a voicemail about it mixed in with the other 10 junk voicemails I get each day it seems. So that's how I missed it. I'd probably call and just make sure all is on the up and up and that the card is on it's way.

Mine took 10 days from approval to arrive.

@wendow what happened when you chatted with citi requesting the match? I got, "As you have been a valuable customer with CITI let me go ahead and make a request on your account to match the offer from 40,000 to 60,000 miles. I have successfully send [sic] the request for you. You will receive the email notification within 3-5 business days. Be assured Citi is always there for you to take care." I'm not sure if I got it or not!
I have gotten the "please mail us or fax a copy of the offer you were targeted for" a couple times on each of our cards. I've also been told "I do not see that you were targeted for a higher offer". Every time I have gotten the message you posted above, the match has been approved EXCEPT once where I opened the card on a 40k offer but asked to be matched to 70k. It was right after the new public offers came out so I decided to try it. I got the above message but then letter came saying they denied my match.

If you get approved, you will just receive a letter in the mail saying they are giving you the 20k.

It was 5 or 6 days after I received my benefits package before I got the card.

I was debating that style vs the flat ones... I ended up getting both...

I took the train from London to Paris a few years ago. I would consider flying into Paris if you want to start there, then fly home from London. I just don't see a reason to take the train twice for the most part. We went to Paris for a few days in the middle of our trip. The trip itself is a little over two hours, and then you have boarding time/security etc. One thing we wished we'd planned differently is to not take the train twice like that, but we added Paris later. We would have rather started in London and flown home from Paris. Also we had the unfortunate issue of a train breakdown in the tunnel, which delayed our train back to London by almost two hours...

I agree but the round trips leaving in and out of 1 city is a lot cheaper than 2 separate one ways. I can do that all day on domestic but on intl
prices shoot way up. I prefer the legacy 3 for the points. Although i may look at Norwegian just for convenience sake.

I got a similar message and didn't know if I got it or not either. I saw the extra 20k points in my account a few days before I received a letter stating my match was approved.

I agree but the round trips leaving in and out of 1 city is a lot cheaper than 2 separate one ways. I can do that all day on domestic but on intl
prices shoot way up. I prefer the legacy 3 for the points. Although i may look at Norwegian just for convenience sake.

Are you searching multi-city or one ways? One ways are crazy expensive, but multi-city is somewhere in between RT and one-ways.

In a totally unrelated topic, are anyone else's hummingbirds pigs? We know there's at least 3 because it's the most we've seen together at once, but we're having to fill the feeder every day or two and the neighbors have like 3-5 feeders. Either they are eating from both or our's is closer to the nest and they've stopped going over there but it's nuts. Thankfully we bought a bunch of sugar when it was on sale for 99 cents a few months ago just for making their food.

So, pigs can fly :D

I'll throw in my data point. A few years ago my wife bought her parents and me testing kits. At that time there was very little matching with relatives. It was just out of interest in ethnic heritage. I am adopted, and I didn't really have an interested in finding my birth mother. My Ancestry ethnic heritage turned out to be pretty boring, and it has become more boring as it has been refined. My father-in-law found out he has a little Polynesian in hum, though, so that's kind of fun.

This past January I was contacted by a first cousin who matched with me on Ancestry. We've been conversing, and with a few clues from her and some low-level cyber-creeping, I've been able to figure out who my birth mother is. Through other matches I have been able to narrow down my birth father to two individuals. It's been surprisingly fun learning a little bit about them, though I still don't feel an urge to disrupt my life or theirs with an actual meet.

I don't know what the point of my story is other than to point out that there are a ton of people doing these genetic tests now, and it seems to be highly probable that you can match with at least second/third cousins, and possibly with closer relatives. Add in a little Google, and there's a reasonable probability that you can find a birth family.
Thank you for your take on it. I think it would be interesting to know my heritage. As far as knowing my birth mother, I’m not sure. She has her own life and I don’t want to make anyone feel awkward. I just think it would be cool to know what she looks like which I could probably do with some googling. If I do a kit like that, can other people find me through it? I don’t really want that to happen. Or does it just give names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter