I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of us here wishing we'd receive some AA business mailer codes...meanwhile u/drury23 over on r/churningmarketplace has this stack:

https://i.imgur.com/dg55zHR.jpg

Recent prices of mailers include: $40, $45 $50, $70, an Alaska $0 companion fare, and somebody looking for Two Citi Personal AA 65k/$2k mailers
Just how...?

Thanks everyone. Will double check what my cards and insurance cover. Only CSR right now is DHs for us. But good in that i wouldnt feel guilty not adding him to AAA lol. Kinda like @SouthFayetteFan's story, DH was like I dont see why I'd need to be on there, but then if I say no... :)

The more I think about it, I'm thinking I got AAA originally for my old car, for DHs peace of mind. Long story short, old car had lots of issues that started as small normal things, easily fixed, BUT my dad who technically owned it still wouldnt let us touch it so they became big issues, much more costly to fix. And that's why I have a new car :) but I took the old one between NE and CO multiple times alone. I'm also thinking part of the AAA draw was the tow range, as it can get lonely along interstate 80.

Thanks everyone. Will double check what my cards and insurance cover. Only CSR right now is DHs for us. But good in that i wouldnt feel guilty not adding him to AAA lol. Kinda like @SouthFayetteFan's story, DH was like I dont see why I'd need to be on there, but then if I say no... :)

The more I think about it, I'm thinking I got AAA originally for my old car, for DHs peace of mind. Long story short, old car had lots of issues that started as small normal things, easily fixed, BUT my dad who technically owned it still wouldnt let us touch it so they became big issues, much more costly to fix. And that's why I have a new car :) but I took the old one between NE and CO multiple times alone. I'm also thinking part of the AAA draw was the tow range, as it can get lonely along interstate 80.
My dh broke down in Raton. Definitely not that close to anything. We had coverage on our insurance (think roadside was $10 every 6 mos). My dh had called both insurance and CSR and both were willing to help. Not saying AAA doesn't have value but it's good to look at what you may already have in place.

My dh broke down in Raton. Definitely not that close to anything. We had coverage on our insurance (think roadside was $10 every 6 mos). My dh had called both insurance and CSR and both were willing to help. Not saying AAA doesn't have value but it's good to look at what you may already have in place.
I just dug out the CSR book :) says it covers up to $50 4xs a year.

I would send them an SM asking for the date it needs to be met by to make sure.
Except it is for a card we haven't applied for yet. LOL I am going to have DH get a second CIP but I need to time it for as late as possible to include our insurance payments. His last card app was 03/14/19 so I was going to wait until July 1 (hopefully CIP #2 is still available) and if we have 115 days to make the spend I am good with that. If only 90 days I've got to come up with another $1200 in spend somewhere else or wait another two weeks to apply.

Except it is for a card we haven't applied for yet. LOL I am going to have DH get a second CIP but I need to time it for as late as possible to include our insurance payments. His last card app was 03/14/19 so I was going to wait until July 1 (hopefully CIP #2 is still available) and if we have 115 days to make the spend I am good with that. If only 90 days I've got to come up with another $1200 in spend somewhere else or wait another two weeks to apply.
I can't answer your question but I have to believe it's still 115 days and any DP to the contrary is just a mistake (but I could be wrong).

Depending on who your insurance is, they might accept multiple payments. I paid my auto and homeowners insurance using 6x $200 VGCs last month, lol. I bought them while working on a MSR but I also wanted to earn fuel points to get a free tank of gas, lol. So maybe if you got in a pinch on the timeline, you could just buy a bunch of VGCs and do the same...

TOTAL SIDE NOTE: And for those wondering, when I don't have store gift cards to purchase, I'll purchase VGCs knowing that the fee eats away at my fuel savings. It basically ends up being a 44% discount on fuel (since I max the 30 gallons) after accounting for the $6.95 fee.

Last edited:
All of us here wishing we'd receive some AA business mailer codes...meanwhile u/drury23 over on r/churningmarketplace has this stack:

https://i.imgur.com/dg55zHR.jpg

Recent prices of mailers include: $40, $45 $50, $70, an Alaska $0 companion fare, and somebody looking for Two Citi Personal AA 65k/$2k mailers

I have a targeted Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard mail offer: 60k/$2k in 3 months.
But I don't see how this would be of any use to someone else, and because it has my Name, Address, Account Number and Air Miles all over it, I would be nervous about sharing.

Last edited:
I've only used Plastiq once so here's my question. I have the temporary card number to start scheduling my payment, but since it expires at the end of the month I would have to change the card information for next month's payment. I don't want to lose that promo by changing the card. Anyone know if that would be a problem? If I want to pay my June mortgage I need to schedule it today or tomorrow. Three months of mortgage would put me over MSR, but otherwise if I wait until I get my permanent card I guess I'd only have time for two payments and then I'd just pay a couple hundred extra and get it done in two months.

Not sure if anyone’s answer your question. I’m still catching up on today’s posts. But with Plastiq, if you change a scheduled payment you typically lose any promotional fees associated with that payment. You need to leave your payment locked in to lock in that rate.

It's been a few productive days for me. Friday morning got a next day approval for DH CIP #2. Then instant approval on Am Ex Hilton Honors Business 125,000 points plus $100 statement credit for me. Yesterday I thought why not go for Citi AA Business since I can use the Plastiq promo and pay mortgage for MSR. Got instant approval with $20,000 credit limit for me, despite DH just getting denied a few weeks ago with almost the same stats. Then today my first reload at Family Dollar onto my Serve using one of my fee free VGC from Staples. I've only used Plastiq once so here's my question. I have the temporary card number to start scheduling my payment, but since it expires at the end of the month I would have to change the card information for next month's payment. I don't want to lose that promo by changing the card. Anyone know if that would be a problem? If I want to pay my June mortgage I need to schedule it today or tomorrow. Three months of mortgage would put me over MSR, but otherwise if I wait until I get my permanent card I guess I'd only have time for two payments and then I'd just pay a couple hundred extra and get it done in two months.
Agreeing with @Lain, If you change anything about the scheduled payment, you will lose the promo :(

I have a targeted Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard mail offer: 60k/$2k in 3 months.
But I don't see how this would be of any use to someone else, and because it has my Name, Address, Account Number and Air Miles all over it, I would be nervous about sharing.
If it's a 9-digit code it's shareable. Personal mailers are out there like crazy so they can only be sold for about $10 and when somebody opens up the website they will see all the info you mentioned. They just change the info and you're good to go! (But for $10 is it really worth the hassle there?)

9-digit code Business mailers are also shareable. Those are much more scarce so they fetch $40-$70. Also, when you open one of them, nothing is pre-filled. You do still need to provide the code and your last name though to sell it. All of this "selling" activity occurs on a reddit sub called churningmarketplace which is private and you have to ask to join.

There's a LOT of details to AA mailers so they aren't the easiest thing to just pick up on from a few comments, lol!

Guys - look at me, I’m all “in the know” on Plastiq now. Just used it to pay one of my life insurance premiums to Mass Mutual to help hit my CIP MSR. This is a great find for me as it’s another $7k in “organic w/fee”* spend that I can put thru CCs. That’s another MSR or 2 I can hit each year :)

*organic w/fee is a term I’m using for things like Plastiq, utilities, prop taxes, income taxes, etc. where it costs me something small to use a CC.

If it's a 9-digit code it's shareable. Personal mailers are out there like crazy so they can only be sold for about $10 and when somebody opens up the website they will see all the info you mentioned. They just change the info and you're good to go! (But for $10 is it really worth the hassle there?)

9-digit code Business mailers are also shareable. Those are much more scarce so they fetch $40-$70. Also, when you open one of them, nothing is pre-filled. You do still need to provide the code and your last name though to sell it. All of this "selling" activity occurs on a reddit sub called churningmarketplace which is private and you have to ask to join.

There's a LOT of details to AA mailers so they aren't the easiest thing to just pick up on from a few comments, lol!

Thanks for the info! My "unique invitation code" is 12 digits, so it's not shareable, but I'm with you and $10 wouldn't be worth it anyway.

Guys - look at me, I’m all “in the know” on Plastiq now. Just used it to pay one of my life insurance premiums to Mass Mutual to help hit my CIP MSR. This is a great find for me as it’s another $7k in “organic w/fee”* spend that I can put thru CCs. That’s another MSR or 2 I can hit each year :)

*organic w/fee is a term I’m using for things like Plastiq, utilities, prop taxes, income taxes, etc. where it costs me something small to use a CC.
Welcome :) Better late than never, my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter