I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marriott experts....do the number of points used to book rooms usually change.....

Booked a 2 bedroom in September for 2 nights at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve...its 90,000 points...wondering if I should keep looking to see if it will go down or If its a set number of points and will not change

I probably should have mentioned:

Lifetime warranty on them and they have promos like now quite often.
But more- AMEX has offers on ebags regularly. $15 off $75, etc. so you can usually get them for $75-80ish.

The weekender junior is “personal item” size and fits under seat (barely). It’s the perfect “travel backpack” for us as it’s like wearing another carry on.
My super skinny 9 year old looks like a turtle wearing it, but she’ll have it for a decade+

My DD also has the motherlode weekender backpack. That was the extremely heavy carry on I mentioned earlier. lol It fits a lot.

College dd has the motherlode weekender jr bc she has a short torso. The regular size one was just too long to be comfortable when walking distances. We bought ebags packing cubes to fit inside. She can pack sooo much in that backpack!

I think dh and I will move to nice 20" spinners and backpacks for future (non-WDW) travel. We fly SW nonstop to WDW, usually in the morning, so it's not a big deal to check a suitcase for the two of us.

We started homeschool this January for our oldest who is a 3rd grader, so that won't be an issue for at least the next few years. :)

No doubt. Durable luggage is a must. The Away is great. The built in battery pack is a gimmick- its not a big deal to throw one in your bag. But still, its nice it being "built in" and removable as it takes no room. I like it for the big tie down "board" inside. I prefer it to the cross straps to cinch in the luggage. Briggs are great too, I wouldn't switch if what you have works.

Lol. Europe w/ a huge suitcase sounds like a nightmare the way we travel (2-3 nights in a spot, then move). Your did right by your daughter there for sure, those cobblestones are relentless and unforgiving.

Welcome to the homeschooling world! We started when dd was in fifth grade, and I got her through high school graduation :-)

I've been seeing those Away carry-ons all over the place. Very interesting!

Marriott experts....do the number of points used to book rooms usually change.....

Booked a 2 bedroom in September for 2 nights at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve...its 90,000 points...wondering if I should keep looking to see if it will go down or If its a set number of points and will not change

its suppose to change soon. marriott is doing a offpeak and peak point system, so depending on when ur going, it could be higher or lower.

DH has been toying with applying for the SW Priority card and the business card (we sell online as an s-corp) to get a companion pass. He already has the SW Plus and Premier cards. Will they allow him to carry all four cards at once or should he cancel one or both of the other cards before applying? We don't want to disturb his credit score too much by cancelling the other cards if we don't have to. He has not gotten the bonus in the last 24 months.

You can apply for the business card while holding the existing cards, but since the rule change last year you can't get another personal until you cancel the existing ones. The business and personal cards are counted separately. Even with a legit business, some suggest for the business card just applying as a Sole Proprietor with your SSN and business name exactly the same as you name for simplicity. In an odd twist, people with actual businesses seem to have a harder/longer time getting a Chase business card than those of us with "businesses". If you're not in a rush you can apply with all your legit s-corp paperwork, but Chase might want the documentation and such before approval.

As for the credit score, it shouldn't take much of a hit if you're going to be replacing that credit line with a new card anyway. You can also move some of your existing CL to other Chase cards before closing it. (keeping in mind it's easier to get approval if your Chase CL to listed income ratio is less than 50%, usually) If it's an age of accounts concern, just know that your closed accounts remain on your report for up to 10 years and continue to influence your score, so it's not usually as dramatic of a hit as people think.

Just kidding, all I needed to do was post here. They just emailed me a $45 gift card.

Even better! My $45 still plays hide and seek as I try to decide what I want to buy to use it up. Their site is glitchy as I'll put something eligible in the cart with something that wasn't and I won't get it to apply, so I remove the ineligible item, refresh or update and still nothing. Empty the whole cart, start with just the eligible item and then it'll show up again. It's been bizarre. I'm half tempted to stock up on a year's supply of Mac & Cheese and have done with it. :laughing:

My DD is at college in upper Indiana, so between you and Chicago. They just got word they will cancel classes between 7:00 pm Tuesday and 1:00 pm Thursday. I had asked her earlier today if there was any talk of cancelling and she said all the professors so far had thought it unlikely.

Back in 94 when the super cold hit here, my now ex-husband, had said around campus at UM they had signs that said DO NOT GO TO CLASS. They officially wouldn't cancel because when they did once upon a time, a law student sued the university for a refund of his classes that day, LOL.

Thanks...are the charts published yet or coming with the new program

Last report was that the Cat 8 pricing would start around March sometime, so I guessed the peak/off peak would roll out around then as well. But the peak and off peak prices are already set AFAIK, so depending on the day it can one of 3 options - a peak, standard, or off peak price. Best case is the days you want get moved to off-peak and you can rebook at the lower price.
New chart:
http://members.marriott.com/redeem

Yep! Our snow was about 6-8 today. All local schools were called off. When my kids were school age, they never decided until that morning! Now, they make the call the night before. Win some, lose some. I’m expecting closures on Weds and Thursday here too. My sons job site will be closed Weds too. Half of my patients canceled today. I’m hoping U of M will close on Weds. I hate to think about the college kids walking in that wind chill!

UM rarely closes. See my last comment about a student suing them, LOL. Where are you located?

Even better! My $45 still plays hide and seek as I try to decide what I want to buy to use it up. Their site is glitchy as I'll put something eligible in the cart with something that wasn't and I won't get it to apply, so I remove the ineligible item, refresh or update and still nothing. Empty the whole cart, start with just the eligible item and then it'll show up again. It's been bizarre. I'm half tempted to stock up on a year's supply of Mac & Cheese and have done with it. :laughing:

Yeah I'll probably just wait until there's another high offer for Dosh cashback and get some more Disney GCs. Frankly, I don't like Sam's Club and will be perfectly happy not setting foot in their stores again lol.

I... what? I've tried to time my bathroom breaks, but it doesn't work that way!

I'm also curious how you are able to plan down to the minute in a place as unpredictable as WDW. For example, we've arrived for ADRs usually 5 minutes early, and we never get our table at the same time. Or if you do QS, maybe the line is longer than you expect. Or the bus line is longer and you have to wait for a second bus.

This is fascinating! And exhausting.
Well with 2 young kids we don’t wait for them to tell us they have to go. We have intentional times to try to avoid having that emergency in the middle of a 30 minute show. :)

Only 3 bus rides this trip so not much to worry about there...the rest is all walking or boats if they are there.

I intentionally have buffered the schedule slightly and we are using that additional time to enjoy ambience (or if we fall behind it gives us a chance to catch up). So far so good!

Yeah I'll probably just wait until there's another high offer for Dosh cashback and get some more Disney GCs. Frankly, I don't like Sam's Club and will be perfectly happy not setting foot in their stores again lol.

I'm with ya. If I wasn't doing this for my mom, so she can have a free year, I probably would have skipped the deal again. I do have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised with the last two Samsclub.com reps trying to get this damaged wine cooler worked out. We bought it as a house warming/Christmas gift for friends and used our AmEx offers so we've been trying to avoid returning it - especially since we'd just turn around and buy the same model again as, if it's undamaged, it's a good value for the money :) Just got the first replacement and it too is damaged, not as much as the first time but still not giftable since it seems the weak point of the packaging is the corner where all the motors and mechanics are (of course). But these reps have been super helpful and expressed the right amount of dismay at receiving and then gifting a damaged item and have been totally willing to ship another replacement and hope 3rd time's a charm.

FWIW I split blame on the problem between the manufacturer not using the proper packaging and Sam's for not carrying it instore so that shipping it alone is the only option. Based on the reviews it's like 10% that arrive damaged so I seem to just have bad luck being part of that 10% twice now. :)

Sephora sells nice resuable qt bags or at least they did a few years ago near the registers. They are great and have held up really well cause they are thicker.
I had a nice one from a head hunter firm (picked up at a industry conference). Super think, real zipper. I left it at Saphirre Falls :sad:. Last year at the industry conference I saw them and grabbed two in case I lose another one!

My CIU SUB posted!
:cheer2:Congratulations and nice use of SUB!:cheer2:

Per DoC there are new offers on the Wells Fargo card. Tagging @havaneselover and @Eighty8Keys since you've mentioned using those 40% offers last quarter on that card.

Funny thing is, I've had this card for 10 years and have NEVER used it. Ever. Didn't even really realize that I had it. I think it was opened originally as an overdraft backup back when WF did that. I just saw it as I was going through my files recently. Guess I'll be taking it out to join the card stable if they're going to have offers like this.

Per DoC there are new offers on the Wells Fargo card. Tagging @havaneselover and @Eighty8Keys since you've mentioned using those 40% offers last quarter on that card.

Funny thing is, I've had this card for 10 years and have NEVER used it. Ever. Didn't even really realize that I had it. I think it was opened originally as an overdraft backup back when WF did that. I just saw it as I was going through my files recently. Guess I'll be taking it out to join the card stable if they're going to have offers like this.
Thanks! I was so close to cancelling mine when these started. I only activated cvs and P.F. Chang’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter