I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not too worried about getting myself there and back but do want it to be the least stressful option for him! This trip is driving me crazy...almost 60 days out and still haven’t decided how we are doing it. I was just going to go, then a couple trip, then all 5 of us, and now as of last night just a couple trip. After a weekend of bad colds and homework my poor girls said they would rather stay at Grandma’s then go to WDW again already! The 4 hour plane ride each way and a lot more homework is not tempting them. I know DH will want to be supportive of seeing me but I also know he will get super stressed out if it is a hassle to get there. We will have a car but I know that is difficult too. I guess if we stayed at one of the Epcot resorts he could just walk outside and watch?

On girls scout cookies my person takes Venmo. At 3 times on CIP yes I will take a case of Tagalongs please! :)

Oh yes, I'd be getting cases with that benefit too! :)

If the course stays the same as last year, it would have you going on the Boardwalk side before going into World Showcase through the IG - totally doable for your DH to view from any of the Epcot resorts! Also a great place for you as a great pick me up in the last mile!

DH has a business trip to Detroit tomorrow/Wednesday. He wishes he didn’t have to go but no chance he’ll be able to get out of it. I’m also concerned about my son walking to his college classes (Dayton, Ohio) Weds and Thurs. Over the weekend I texted him to make sure he has plenty of warm things and buy some if not! My DS, DD and I have a trip to Nashville and Lexington, KY (college visits) planned for Weds night, Thursday and Friday, so if they cancel school Wednesday, we’re leaving early for sure! Just hope all our vehicles start. Gotta find some jumper cables just in case.

My sister lives in Richmond now and rolls her eyes when they close school (it seems like it's 1 day per 1") since she lived in Minneapolis as a teenager in the 1970s and never had a snow day. I have given up being annoyed at the local school systems. They are unbelievably risk averse.

I don't mind it so much, of course I don't have kids to worry about. Our work is pretty liberal with closing down during snow since if schools closed and people are going to be home with their kids or have to make alternative plans for their kids, that usually means they're not going to show up for court either haha.

I... what? I've tried to time my bathroom breaks, but it doesn't work that way!

I'm also curious how you are able to plan down to the minute in a place as unpredictable as WDW. For example, we've arrived for ADRs usually 5 minutes early, and we never get our table at the same time. Or if you do QS, maybe the line is longer than you expect. Or the bus line is longer and you have to wait for a second bus.

This is fascinating! And exhausting.

I find from going multiple times I can estimate how long a lot of things should take especially if I have already done them. I am the type of person that will look at old receipts from prior meals or timestamps of photos on my phone to see how long something previously took. I've also timed transportation and walking paths.

I color coordinate my spreadsheet based on the type of activity. ADRs and FP+ each have a color and are non-negotiable. Showtimes like nighttime spectaculars or stage shows get a different color and I add a buffer of when we should arrive based on the shows popularity. Standby attractions also get their own color and will be strategically placed throughout the FP+ to cut down on walking and waiting for windows to open/close (I also put the average attraction time for things like Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Spaceship Earth, etc) or how long it usually take to get through the whole line and ride like FoP. I will add things in to kill time, but can also be cut if its not a must do. Something like the gorilla trail in AK. If its not something we're primarily focused on that day, but we a lot of free time after the Safari we will do that. If we're cutting it close we skip it.

As for bathrooms, I try to be mindful of others needs. If I know we have plenty of time and are passing a nice one with minimal waits, I will suggest we use the restroom.

I feel for all you mid-westerners. Stay safe!

My DH had to see his accounts on the Oregon coast, so while he is out working I am sitting in our in room jacuzzi looking out over the ocean, where it is currently 50*. Rough life, but somebody gots to do it!

I used to be the big planner. My DH would refer to me as "Julie McCoy, cruise director" for those of you old enough to remember the reference. Now, I do plan which days and get the FP but my family is done with commando style in general. My DD and I could handle commando though!
My moniker was Commando Tour Guide Mom when my kids were young. I am currently stressing out that our March cruise and 5 day land vacation has very little planned but dh says that's how he wants to roll this time. Not sure how I am going to survive this.???

So I am not the only one in HUGE shock that @SouthFayetteFan has not always done a written tour plan?!?

Nope. I was totally and completely shocked at this news.

I think I found an interesting 3x UR transaction on the CIP... Girl Scout cookies! I purchased online from a coworker once my card came and it is showing 3x in the UR portal coded as "office and shipping"

Oh no! I don't need another reason to buy cookies right now! :rotfl:

So almost 3 weeks in Hawaii/japan? 2 carry ons and 4 backpacks. Month long round the world trip? 2 carry ons and 4 backpacks. :)
The freedom and ease can’t be overstated. Packing cubes are a must. Layering and clothes that all coordinate are a must, etc.

Try it and you won’t go back, I assure you.

YES! It's so liberating to not be burdened by so much "stuff" that we really can do without. It was tough going back to a big suitcase during the toddler years, and we traveled so much at that time since we didn't have to worry about school vacations. Do you like your Away? We have Briggs and love them and they are holding up so well that I can't justify a new roller, but the Away ones do look nice. After going through cheaper luggage for years we finally invested in stuff that lasts and I have no regrets.

DD is going to Europe this spring with nothing but a large backpack - it was cheap on Amazon - I worry it won't hold up but I wasn't consulted. She did a HS trip to Paris for 10 days and all the other girls showed up at the airport with HUGE suitcases plus carryons (one had a suitcase just filled with food LOL). They couldn't believe all she had was a 20". They envied her every time they had to pack up and move to a new location, since they were warned they'd have to take care of their own bags, but I don't think they really understood what that meant.

Sephora sells nice resuable qt bags or at least they did a few years ago near the registers. They are great and have held up really well cause they are thicker.

Ooh! I'll have to check that out. Our quart bags (ziploc, but TSA labeled) are all falling apart and I need to replace them.

DH has been toying with applying for the SW Priority card and the business card (we sell online as an s-corp) to get a companion pass. He already has the SW Plus and Premier cards. Will they allow him to carry all four cards at once or should he cancel one or both of the other cards before applying? We don't want to disturb his credit score too much by cancelling the other cards if we don't have to. He has not gotten the bonus in the last 24 months.

So I did the Sam's Club deal for purchase the $45 membership and get the $45 back when you do Scan and Go. Didn't work in the store. Still haven't gotten my $45 back. I've just contacted Sam's Club for the second time and haven't received anything yet. I'm getting ready to just dispute the charge with Chase.

Hi,
First time posting on this thread.
I've done the CC reward between my husband and I with the Southwest Visa a few times over the last 10 years, but I want to branch out since we are going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise to Alaska in June of 2020.

I was googling their reward card and from what I see they occasionally have a 60,000 bonus point sign up. Right now they only have a 10000 point sign up. Does this offer come around often? Trying to decide if I want to wait and see if it pops up.

Also we have never flown American Airlines, but are considering it for this trip. (we are flying from San Antonio to Seattle) Is there point reward system like Southwest? Do they have the larger sign up bonus a few times a year?

cant answer the first one, i didnt know they have a CC.
as for the 2nd question, yes AA has a program as well... if your flying domestically, it could be cheaper to transfer your points to British Airways as one way could be as low as 7500. make sure u check awardhacker first though.

It was tough going back to a big suitcase during the toddler years, and we traveled so much at that time since we didn't have to worry about school vacations.
We started homeschool this January for our oldest who is a 3rd grader, so that won't be an issue for at least the next few years. :)

Do you like your Away? We have Briggs and love them and they are holding up so well that I can't justify a new roller, but the Away ones do look nice. After going through cheaper luggage for years we finally invested in stuff that lasts and I have no regrets.
No doubt. Durable luggage is a must. The Away is great. The built in battery pack is a gimmick- its not a big deal to throw one in your bag. But still, its nice it being "built in" and removable as it takes no room. I like it for the big tie down "board" inside. I prefer it to the cross straps to cinch in the luggage. Briggs are great too, I wouldn't switch if what you have works.

DD is going to Europe this spring with nothing but a large backpack - it was cheap on Amazon - I worry it won't hold up but I wasn't consulted. She did a HS trip to Paris for 10 days and all the other girls showed up at the airport with HUGE suitcases plus carryons (one had a suitcase just filled with food LOL). They couldn't believe all she had was a 20". They envied her every time they had to pack up and move to a new location, since they were warned they'd have to take care of their own bags, but I don't think they really understood what that meant.
Lol. Europe w/ a huge suitcase sounds like a nightmare the way we travel (2-3 nights in a spot, then move). Your did right by your daughter there for sure, those cobblestones are relentless and unforgiving.

So I did the Sam's Club deal for purchase the $45 membership and get the $45 back when you do Scan and Go. Didn't work in the store. Still haven't gotten my $45 back. I've just contacted Sam's Club for the second time and haven't received anything yet. I'm getting ready to just dispute the charge with Chase.

Just kidding, all I needed to do was post here. They just emailed me a $45 gift card.

DH has been toying with applying for the SW Priority card and the business card (we sell online as an s-corp) to get a companion pass. He already has the SW Plus and Premier cards. Will they allow him to carry all four cards at once or should he cancel one or both of the other cards before applying? We don't want to disturb his credit score too much by cancelling the other cards if we don't have to. He has not gotten the bonus in the last 24 months.

He would have to cancel both personal cards before applying for the Priority..you can only have 1 SW personal card open at a time
You could have him apply for the business card first...easiest way is with his name and SS number as the business name and EIN......cancel the 2 personal cards...they apply for the Priority card after 30 days

Yes, SW started a new policy where they will not allow more than one personal card so he would need to cancel both of them before applying for a new personal card. Alternatively you could apply to both of the cards and hold the companion pass.

Europe w/ a huge suitcase sounds like a nightmare the way we travel (2-3 nights in a spot, then move). Your did right by your daughter there for sure, those cobblestones are relentless and unforgiving.
Oh man, I am so glad that when I went with a friend a few years back we didn't really move hotels. We did do 3 nights in Paris where we also kept our hotel in London and left a lot of our stuff there... not the best planning overall :) Now I would be doing a few nights and moving to the next place. My friend came with giant suitcase that she checked, and giant Vera Bradley duffel, and a regular sized Vera Bradley duffel. All stuffed full. Even at that time I was like :scared1: We could have easily walked from Paddington to our hotel, I think google maps had it at 10min... But she offered to cover a cab there and back due to her luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter