I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH got his CIP 2 years ago April 5. He also has the CIU and CIC.

I have a CIP which will be a year old in April. I haven't been using it at all.

Would this work?

I move all spending from his CIP to mine. Then I close his out this month. Then when it is the 24 months of him receiving the bonus I get him one.

OR I just apply for a EIN and get him a second CIP?

The end plan is to get another CIP bonus between the two of us, but I do not want to keep my CIP open...I would like to get the CIC or CIU.

ETA: Dis is totally being weird it posted this before I even finished my thoughts. So apology if I am being unclear.

I think you can do both if you wanted to. :D A few months in between. I don't know if it matters which you do first (after 24 months one with SSN or one with EIN).

I got my 1099 from Chase and it makes no sense. I believe I only had referrals for 2 cards and not in the amounts shown. It's showing 3 cards over $500! Are UR offers like the 10x Walmart one last year being reported as income? Plus, somehow there's $5 income from my Amazon card. How is that possible?
No, offers are not being reported as income. In your shoes I would review all my Chase statements from last year and the points section of each will show you exactly how much you got in the way of referrals. Keep an eye out for incentives that required no spend- was $5 "gifted" to you via your Amazon for some reason? If you've still got a huge discrepancy you're going to have to contact Chase to resolve it. They either owe you the missing points/rewards dollars or they need to correct your tax forms.

Last edited:
Did AmEx do a hard pull for the Hilton biz? They often don't if you already have another AmEx card. If they didn't, there would be no inquiry or new card (since it's a biz card) that Cap One could see on your credit reports.
I don’t know what a hard pull is. My Hilton biz was my first Amex card though.

:offtopic: Those that do their own taxes, which tax software do you utilize? Any discount codes out there to file with these places? I thought I saw an Amex offer, but I don't see it now. I need to do self-employment this year as I picked up a couple side hustles. HR Block vs Turbo Tax. Moved from a no income tax state to one that has income tax, also worked in another state...so these returns are getting longer.

No Chase 1099 yet...all I have are 2 clicks on the Disney card...doubt I will get anything but I guess maybe I should report it.

It's showing $600 for my csp (I only had 1 referral), $510 for my freedom (no referrals), $550 for disney (referrals, not sure how it went over $500), and $5 for amazon. I'll try to research more where it's coming from. It's definitely not all referrals.
Fyi through a fluke* somewhere in Chase's system I ended up receiving over $500 of referrals on my Disney card as well so it is possible. And yes, the 1099 caught all of them :(

*I swear I took my link down asap when I realized I maxed it and nobody else reported this happening when they inadvertently went over 5 people successfully referred, it was just a fluke

Fyi through a fluke* somewhere in Chase's system I ended up receiving over $500 of referrals on my Disney card as well so it is possible. And yes, the 1099 caught all of them :(

*I swear I took my link down asap when I realized I maxed it and nobody else reported this happening when they inadvertently went over 5 people successfully referred, it was just a fluke
I got $600 on one of my Disney cards also. I think we have compared notes on this earlier in the year :)

Soooo I have a registry and I can set up a “cash fund” for a honeymoon or something. They charge a 2.5% fee to use a credit card. Should I just pay myself and eat the fee to bang out some MSRs? The giftcard route is less in fees but it’s getting harder and harder for me.

:offtopic: Those that do their own taxes, which tax software do you utilize? Any discount codes out there to file with these places? I thought I saw an Amex offer, but I don't see it now. I need to do self-employment this year as I picked up a couple side hustles. HR Block vs Turbo Tax. Moved from a no income tax state to one that has income tax, also worked in another state...so these returns are getting longer.

No Chase 1099 yet...all I have are 2 clicks on the Disney card...doubt I will get anything but I guess maybe I should report it.

I’ve used turbo tax for years..but..they only give one state return free....not sure how much an additional one is

Last edited:
So for a variety of reasons (Chase 5/24, AMEX bonus denial issues, etc.) I am looking at a Cap One card for the first time. What are some opinions on the Cap 1 Venture Rewards card? Currently 50,000 point bonus after 3K spend with a Travel Eraser feature. Also how widely accepted is Cap1? As widely accepted as Visa/MC, or more limited like AMEX? I have honestly just never paid attention. Thanks in advance for all opinions! Enjoy reading all of your posts. Great group of folks!

BTW, if all you NFL fans ever attended an SEC football home game you would never watch the the pros again. College football in the South is truly one of the greatest spectacles on Earth! :)
I have had a Capital One Venture card for years! No worries, it is a Visa card and accepted everywhere. The 2x points on everything add up quickly. The travel categories are more restrictive than Chase. For example, parking and tolls are considered travel with Chase but not with Capital One. Using the purchase eraser is very easy.

If you called and were given a retention offer to keep the card thoses are included on the 1099...but that wouldn’t account for all of that
I didn't get any retention offers from Chase. Looking at monthly statements, my Freedom card only earned about 26k URs for the year and that was from spending. I'm confused.

Hey y'all,

Southwest Hawaii test flight tomorrow!!

“With the successful tabletop accomplished, I can now confirm that we are slated to perform a long range navigation and communication validation flight from Oakland to Honolulu on Tuesday, February 5, barring any unforeseen changes,” a spokesperson for the airline told TPG in an email on Monday.

Saw this on Facebook from a sw flight attendant.

Attachments

• 903E5476-1E0C-4360-A3E7-104A4A48F129.jpeg
    903E5476-1E0C-4360-A3E7-104A4A48F129.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 46

I've always used Turbo Tax and I buy the software instead of doing it online. I've seen offers for $20 off, but I think that is for the online version direct from Turbo Tax. I usually find that Amazon beats most prices/deals for the version that I need. I haven't tried HR Block.

I didn't get any retention offers from Chase. Looking at monthly statements, my Freedom card only earned about 26k URs for the year and that was from spending. I'm confused.

I don’t blame you..what a pain.....time to call Chase for clarification I guess

Last edited:
Soooo I have a registry and I can set up a “cash fund” for a honeymoon or something. They charge a 2.5% fee to use a credit card. Should I just pay myself and eat the fee to bang out some MSRs? The giftcard route is less in fees but it’s getting harder and harder for me.
Next time I’m in trouble meeting an MSR I’m getting “married”.

I clicked on ...things you can do ...then scrolled down to....update settings and preferences....then hit hide accounts and you should be able to see all active and closed accounts....this is signed in on my iPad not the app

Tried that but its not there. Will just have to call them tomorrow.

I got my Chase 1099 today. I had 2 CIP referrals..my DH and my DSIL. Value = $500? Plus $100 Disney. How do they come up with $500 for 2 CIP referrals?

has anyone from MD gotten at 1099 from Chase? just wondering if I should be getting one. none are showing on my account but never know with chase. only referrals I have are from DH's apps so it won't be much

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter