I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your household have only one Plastiq account? If so, maybe you can refer your DH for the business promo? When I went through a dummy sign up to test it, there was a question that asked if the Plastiq account was for Me, My Company, or Both. I don't know if Plastiq asks any more questions about your business other than that? It seems the main requirement of the promo is the use of a business credit card.

Both DH and I have personal accounts, same address, and I had no problems getting the FFD when I used my code to sign him up. I wouldn't think the same address would be a disqualifier since so many people run home-based businesses.

I emailed Plastiq marketing yesterday to see if a person can have both a personal Plastiq and a business Plastiq account, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I did see one DP in the DoC comments that you can have multiple accounts but it sure would be nice to have something written from Plastiq.

ETA: Just realized you said "paying my DH" in your post - are you saying you would pay him from the new Plastiq account such that the Payment address and Recipient address are the same? That I think would be a problem.

Thanks for the reply. My DH already has an account. I saw some DPs yesterday about having a personal and business. Let me know what your hear back from Plastiq.

Just opened DHs BoA account for $300 and changed my direct deposit to go to it. Hopefully it goes through. I picked today because our period ends Sunday (and today was pay day) so it should go through by next pay date. It's nice because it's all online and I can control it myself from my desk. Backup is getting DHs stupid HR guy to change his direct deposit.

They just asked if he'd been printed ever. He was pretty sure he did when working for a rec center in high school, so that's what he said. And the guy asked if he had any other time. He didn't think so.... I pointed out after, didn't he for his CDL? He got one one summer in college to drive a school bus for a gymnastics day camp program he worked at. D'oh! So realizing that was what he had forgotten, feeling like he answered wrong based on the interviewer's response, and then the interviewer's parting comment of him being good "as long as his fingerprints pass" had him all freaked out. He gets too worked up over things that will be fine. They also told him it'd be a day or two but I logged in this morning and it said he's approved. Now he gets to call SW today. Unfortunately I don't think he gets extra lounge time this time around; he's going Monday night at 7pm (maybe he would go eat at Timberline since I work until 7pm anyways) and coming back from Kansas City so I don't think they have any lounges for him.

DH kept saying, if you had done anything wrong this guy could get it out of you :rotfl:

I've got a lounge fail going on too, although the possibility of getting dinner beforehand at least sounds good.

We've got flights on SW scheduled for next month that I wasn't really planning but I thought, awesome! We'll get to use our PP benefits for this year :) Total fail.
We have an hour and a half layover in MCO so I thought we were good, nope, latest a lounge stays open is 10 pm and guess when we are scheduled to arrive? 10:10 :headache:
We have an hour and a half layover in DAL on the way back so I thought, great maybe lunch :) Nope, totally forgot that DAL is Luvfield and there's no lounges at all. :headache::headache:
Leaving from PHL so the only "lounge" here is the MinuteSuites, so not really a lounge. You get like an hour in a cubicle for those. So no lounge at departure or arrival either. :headache::headache::headache:

This will learn me to chase cheap point flights rather than verifying the layovers. :laughing:
I did luck out and our flight to Seattle in Sept we get close to an hour in DEN so we might be able to try Timberline :)

Wondering how many people here use their URs to pay the AF on cards (or any other rewards, actually). I usually just pay the AF (I only have one right now - had more in the past). Contemplating cashing out URs through CSP next time the AF hits ($95). It would in no way wipe out my points by doing this, and I can easily add this to my budget, so it is not for financial reasons.

ETA: I could also use my Discover IT cashback bonus if that makes a difference.

question - where do you find the Chase Offers? I have only seen them when they email me about new offers and I follow the link and get to the offers. When I log into my Chase account, I can’t find them.

Can someone help me understand Chase's 24-month bonus policy on new Southwest cards? My understanding is that, if you've received a sign-up bonus in the past 24 months, then you won't get the new bonus. I'm interested in the 40,000 + Companion Pass promo. I received a sign-up bonus on a Business card in March 2017 and on a Premier card in May 2017. Can I earn the sign-up bonus on Plus card now?
First off...super bad news but the CC offer that included the CP (companion pass) is over now. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but that expired a couple weeks ago. When you say you received the bonuses, I assume you mean that's the date of the statement when the points actually posted (just verify that). Assuming those dates are correct...you aren't currently eligible for ANY SW signup bonus right now.

(assuming those dates are correct...)You could be eligible for a bonus on the business card in April 2019. You could apply for a personal card again in June of 2019. Since that other offer is over, your best bet for earning a CP would be to get 110k SW pts in one calendar year via 2 CC signups again (like you did the last time). You'd also want to weigh if earning a CP in say July or August is in your best interest...or should you wait and do it in early 2020 to get almost 2 years out of it (vs. 17ish months).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there...

Wondering how many people here use their URs to pay the AF on cards (or any other rewards, actually). I usually just pay the AF (I only have one right now - had more in the past). Contemplating cashing out URs through CSP next time the AF hits ($95). It would in no way wipe out my points by doing this, and I can easily add this to my budget, so it is not for financial reasons.

If it makes things simpler for you to account for them - go for it. It's not a bad idea really :)

Question for the AmEx experts out there. Hubby's ancient Green card is coming up for renewal next month. He confirmed it's at the old $55 AF and between that and only being offered $100 for a referral bonus rather than MR points like everyone else, it's pretty certain he's got a discontinued version of that card. It has no benefits to really speak of and since it's discontinued it won't automatically get the refresh if they roll it out. Do you think after we cancel it he'd be eligible for the bonus on the "new" Green card? If it rolls out with the Amazon Prime membership included we'd consider it, but mostly for whatever bonus they offer so if he's not eligible we'd wait it out until we'd "need" it.

So DHs KC job starts mid march. Then a week later the Reno job starts. Then a week later he has a job here at home starting. Oh btw, the company that all of these jobs are for thinks they're going to get another building in the Reno area and will probably have him out to see it soon to start a design. These jobs are all at least 3+ weeks; he won't be out there to stay for huge chunks of time but he will be making multiple site visits for a day or two at a time for every job.

Should have got him a Platinum for the Reno lounge.

Meanwhile, DH is most excited that the KC job should run up to the Worlds of Fun opening weekend (midwesterners know this place).

Maybe a somewhat optimistic DP:

Tried getting SO the Hilton Biz in Oct/Nov got the popup. Put a few thousand across his cards and went for the Blue Biz in December. Also, in January went for the Amex Green. We met the spend for the Blue Biz in December I gave it weeks and the bonus never posted so I reached out and they said he was denied for abuse. We met the spend on the Green a few days ago and the bonus just posted. Idk what is going on with Amex but it seems like even if you get the popup and a denial you can get bonuses after.
So crazy!! First, glad you got your bonus! BUT this craziness is why I'm done with AMEX...I just can't operate in a world where I don't know whether I'll get a bonus or not. I know your MS game is strong so that certainly can change things a little bit. I don't MS, so my organic spend to me is very valuable - and if I'm going to put spend on a card, I better be getting 10-40% back guaranteed. Luckily I'm back in the fold with Chase and Citi seems to like me now :)

First off...super bad news but the CC offer that included the CP (companion pass) is over now.
I think you're right, as it was my first thought when MIL mentioned getting some cards... We could have made good use of that for them this year now because of the cruise trip, plus we want to do another long weekend to WDW/Uni with them since that would make the cruise trip too long.

I missed this, but I like the idea of Discover cashback to cover AFs... I will be stealing this idea to keep in my back pocket :)

Right now Discover cashback basically just goes to Yak n Yeti GCs :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter