I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya! We only have about $10k this year. If I wasn't playing games (alternating) we'd have about $22k every year. The way I'm working it we'll have a $10k year and take the standard and then have a $34k the other year. :)
I was working on our taxes last night too. It felt so odd not to enter the typical itemized deductions . . . we are not even remotely close to hitting 24k.
Still catching up... don't think it is lost cause to enter itemized deductions even if you cant surpass federal standard deduction. You can still benefit for state if you live somewhere with income tax

Do you have a real heat press? I would think of upgrading once we have our own place, but right now the cricut easy press I got is miles better than the iron I was trying to use

I do. I paid $199 for mine 2 years ago. I knew I wanted to buy from USCutter because I wanted to make sure I didn't get a bad off Amazon or ebay. I found that they sold on ebay for a little cheaper than on their website so I did buy through ebay. I've had no issues with it except that the digital window sometimes goes funky when I've been using for an extended time, like pressing for hours at a time. But, after it cools it comes right back to working order. It's just the display and it only happened twice, I think it got too hot because I had it kind of in a corner.

This is the one I have:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-He...847979?hash=item4895eaf26b:g:DW4AAOSwA3dYJlxP

So I can dress them up with custom-made decals, monograms & bows.

They live in a popcorn bucket when not in use.

RVrEqhW.jpg
Those are adorable! I used my Cricut to decorate ours for our last trip. I love decorated bands.

Quick question. DD is applying for a Santander bank account with a referral code for sign up bonus. She received it in the mail. It is asking permission for them to obtain a “consumer report”. What is that? Is it different from a credit report?

And it’s forcing me to pick from some overdrafts or all overdrafts for my overdraft election notice. Anyone know which one avoids the credit report?
I also got a code in the mail, I opened it at the end of November (still waiting on the bonus, it hasn’t been 90 days yet).
According to Doctor of credit selecting “some overdrafts” avoids the hard pull.
Sorry, I don’t recall the consumer report part. I probably just said “yeah, fine” to it.

I got so excited and wanted to share the approval here that I hung up before hearing any account information :rotfl:

On my second call after being approved I pressed "0" to speak with a CSR and had the card expedited. 1-2 days and I can start working towards that $5,000 :woohoo:
I can’t recall - do you have a P2 you can refer to CIP as an upcoming move?

I don't know that he got a follow up, but he did ruin their day by breaking the news before they went.

Well, at least he told them what to expect. That's a huge blunder in trip planning though!

Well since I am 12 pages behind at 3pm :chat::rotfl2:

:offtopic: DD GOT HER DCP ASSIGNMENT!!!!! She is working at Tomorrowland terrace...which I think means lots of dessert parties. Can you imagine looking up at the fireworks from your job!? What? Dream come true!:yay:pixiedust:

Yay! What a fun assignment! Fantastic that she will be in the MK every day!

For my wdw friends, I’m not liking the thunderstorms now showing in the forecast. I hope those go away
I’m currently choosing to believe the Accuweather forecast over the Weather.com one because their rain % are lower each day. I reserve the right to switch my beliefs to the other forecast though at any time if it improves. :rotfl2::rotfl:

I can’t recall - do you have a P2 you can refer to CIP as an upcoming move?
Not at the moment. I try to explain the benefits and how great it is, but no dice. There will be time for the CIP referral. Now that the double dip is modified, if I do get P2 to come around, I think the CIP would be a great start!

As for myself, the next move was going to be the CIC. That may be on pause now for the United biz. 50,000 UR at 1.5c is about the same value as MP at 1.0c and a 75,000 bonus. I guess I need to figure out if I will use the office store bonus on the CIC or United perks and future benefit of that card.

I hope to eventually have the CIU (CIP PC) and CIC with a CSR and CF (CSP PC). I figured that would cover all UR earning bases.

Quick question. DD is applying for a Santander bank account with a referral code for sign up bonus. She received it in the mail. It is asking permission for them to obtain a “consumer report”. What is that? Is it different from a credit report?

And it’s forcing me to pick from some overdrafts or all overdrafts for my overdraft election notice. Anyone know which one avoids the credit report?
A credit report is a type of consumer report but there are others out there that fall under that general description. If you opt out of all overdrafts it should avoid a credit pull but they are probably pulling the bank reports like Chex or EWS. I have EWS monitored and I didn't see an inquiry from them but they reported the account opening to EWS afterward so maybe they did inquiry and it just all rolled up into an 'open' status later.
I always pick 'some' overdrafts since 'none' isn't an option :) The only bank I got a credit HP from is Schwab which is fairly known and don't think it can be avoided.

DoC highlighted some good offers this morning. One was $100 MasterCard with no fee from staples.com. Hoping the RMN offer will trigger. And the Kroger 200 fuel points on your next purchase coupon is working again.
Is it online only? (My employer has the link blocked to check it.)

Last edited:
I’m currently choosing to believe the Accuweather forecast over the Weather.com one because their rain % are lower each day. I reserve the right to switch my beliefs to the other forecast though at any time if it improves. :rotfl2::rotfl:

When we went the week before Christmas...I constantly looked at the local Wesh2 websites weather forecast.....it was chilly that week...no pool, DH did go in the hot tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter