• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just kidding about @SouthFayetteFan being at fault lol! I really have no idea why the hotels aren't showing up. There is clearly some discrepancies between what Expedia has and what Chase will allow us to book with UR's on Expedia.

Oh I know you're kidding!! It's just frustrating lol!

I'm not even 100% sure if we are going to take the trip, but I went ahead and booked the flights with SW since they are able to be easily cancelled. I'm thinking of surprising my boys with a short weekend trip, but it's going to have to work out perfectly work wise so that DH and I can both go. I know basically nothing about Universal, but I'm thinking I probably need to stay on site so we can have the EP or whatever it is, especially since it's going to be such a short trip. Maybe something will pop up?

Still no bonus for me... Don't know whether I want to push through Chase or Paypal or just give up :sad2:
I keep checking the app hoping my balance is $300 higher and it isn't :mad:

But back to the CIP, can I call to have this card expedited? Or is that a no no for a "business"?
I called and had mine expedited. Said I was buying something soon and wanted it for that purchase. .

But for the rest of the benefits, like trip cancellation/delay/etc., there's no wording about it being only for business. It reads almost identically to the CSR's guide to benefits, in that it covers not only you, but also immediate family for trips paid by the CIP
Yeah. My reimbursement covered me and my daughter. I did have to send in proof of relationship - birth cert for her. But no questions on if she was an employee or anything.

Sometimes I’ve had to type in the actual hotel name in the search to have it pop up on the Chase travel site

Thanks for the tip. I tried that earlier and still couldn't get anything to show. I'm hoping maybe something will come up.

Anyone that has been to Universal care to weigh in on the necessity of staying on site vs off site? Off site hotels are much cheaper and on the portal! I need to start thinking of a backup plan if I can't get on site hotels to pop up on the portal.

I am a little biased since I work for an insurance company, so I don't give them the entire blame. Our entire health care funding system is screwed up. I got a little insight from a 60 Minutes story a few months ago. The drug companies give consumers a break through these programs and then bill the insurance company a large amount.

So in my case, I only paid $120 OOP but my insurance company paid $35K and the drug company ate the rest. Who knows what the cost really is or if my insurance company is subsidizing others without insurance. Like I said, the entire funding system seems screwed up. Right now I am benefiting and sorry to say, I am ok with that. Given this stuff is keeping my DH from going blind, I'd pay the $57K if I had to but it is nice not to have to worry about needing to.
We got a little taste of this when my dd18 was thick in Lyme treatment. One of the meds she needed was $2500 mo. Our insurance covered none of her treatment so that would have been 100% on us. Thankfully, we ordered it from India for $200 mo. Still a lot since we had tons of meds/appts we were paying for OOP costing about 2k+ a month for a couple of years. But the cost of some of these meds is nuts. A lot of people with Lyme travel to other countries where you can apparently buy the same med my dd needed for a couple of bucks. So, they go fill a suitcase and come back here and are set for a year. I don't know who is at fault for the healthcare crisis but it's really a sad state.

Ok, why can I find Universal Hotels on Expedia, but not through the UR portal for the same dates??

Because @SouthFayetteFan brought it to Chase's attention that the Universal hotels were still on the portal and Chase is determined to take away all Orlando fun :confused3

I'm just kidding about @SouthFayetteFan being at fault lol! I really have no idea why the hotels aren't showing up. There is clearly some discrepancies between what Expedia has and what Chase will allow us to book with UR's on Expedia.
Lol - I'm glad it wasn't me :P

It has to be your dates and availability. I see availability in Sept for ALL Universal resorts on CSR...

Another PP lounge question---we'll be flying out of Miami in a couple weeks on American at 1:50pm on a Sunday. Any input on PP locations? The choices are restaurants, one airside in D and two landslide in E.

The other airport will be PHL which stinks for PP lol

Getting treated like criminals over car insurance claim - yay... by the other (at fault) party's insurance. :badpc::badpc::badpc:

That's why some people hire attorneys or go through their own insurance.

I was rear ended in 2015 and handled my own claim and after the other company figured out I wasn't going to go away fast, they started to get ugly. They switched reps on me three times. Stand your ground.

I've been there, its not fun. I was rear ended and sustained injuries that required months of physical therapy. By state law my own insurance had to pay up to a certain amount (maybe $2500) so I had to go through them. But they of course filed against the other insurance company, which then started to investigate me. They called & harassed me, sent an investigator to my house, it was awful. I agree with Judique - stand your ground. The most important thing is for you to be made whole as much as possible.

Add me to the list of people who now live by the mantra “Amex is dead to me, I’m rocking with Chase”. Last December, I was targeted via mail for the 10k pay over time offer. I signed up on December 2 and still don’t have my points.
I’ve chatted twice only to be told to wait up to 12 weeks. Today when I chatted I was told they “investigated” and found no offer attached to my account. This after three reps confirmed they saw it.
I went ballastic. The rep had the audacity to say they can’t manually give me the points because “they already gave me a 20,000 point retention offer”. I said those points weren’t free, I had to spend $2,000 and I just paid a $725 membership fee on my Platinum card on 2/15. Please don’t act like you gave me anything for free.

I escalated it to a supervisor who confirmed that the offer is on my account and to wait the 12 weeks. If I don’t get them by March 2, I’ll be contacting the executive office and the cpfb.

They messed with the wrong one today..lol I have every intention of canceling my bbp and blue cash ever day. Chase will get all my business going forward. I’ll transfer my existing points to JetBlue and be done with it. I’m keeping my Platinum until next year because I just paid the fee.
I just got off the phone with the Amex Platinum line and they said that Monday 2/25/19 is the 12 week mark. I'm to call back if I don't get my points. Sh tried to get me to upgrade to the Blue Cash Preferred...um no thanks..lol

Thanks for the tip. I tried that earlier and still couldn't get anything to show. I'm hoping maybe something will come up.

Anyone that has been to Universal care to weigh in on the necessity of staying on site vs off site? Off site hotels are much cheaper and on the portal! I need to start thinking of a backup plan if I can't get on site hotels to pop up on the portal.
We always stay on site at universal in one of the hotels that includes the express pass.

Lol - I'm glad it wasn't me :P

It has to be your dates and availability. I see availability in Sept for ALL Universal resorts on CSR...

Ok, so this is strange. But I logged on using my CIP instead of DH CIP and I was able to get Cabana Bay and Aventura to show! It says no cancellation fees. So does that mean if I book and have to cancel, my points will be refunded, right?

ETA: Also getting Portofino and Hard Rock to show up now too. Now I'm torn about whether double the points is worth the EP. It's just points right?? :rotfl2:

Last edited:
We always stay on site at universal in one of the hotels that includes the express pass.

Gahhh the difference between Portofino & Hard Rock (the only two EP hotels that I can show availability for on the UR portal) are double the points of Cabana Bay. I guess EP is worth it though for that? Also, how does the express pass work, like if you had a 1 night stay could you use it on check-in day in the morning and check-out day?

Gahhh the difference between Portofino & Hard Rock (the only two EP hotels that I can show availability for on the UR portal) are double the points of Cabana Bay. I guess EP is worth it though for that? Also, how does the express pass work, like if you had a 1 night stay could you use it on check-in day in the morning and check-out day?
You'd have express pass for both days.

We did a week at Cabana Bay. Loved it. Didn't really miss having Express Pass because we were there so long, it wasn't a busy time, and at times the EP lines were longer. That said if I were going for 3 days or fewer, I'd stay at a hotel with Express Pass if it's in the budget.

DH and I went to Universal over Veterans' Day weekend and stayed offsite at the Hilton across the street from the Universal gate. It's maybe 3/4 mile walk to Citywalk? Not sure, but it wasn't too bad at all. I think most people here disagree with me, which is fine :), but I was super glad we didn't spend the money to stay on site for the EP. We went to WWOHP first thing in the morning both days, which was the main draw for us, and got on all the rides with almost no wait. We actually went through the Hogwarts line so quickly I feel like I really missed out on seeing a lot. Our second day at about 5 pm the wait for Gringotts was an hour, but we both liked the ride so much that we really did want to do it again and waited. Plus, so many of the rides have single rider lines, so if you're not worried about sitting together then that is a great option.

I think it definitely depends what time of year you’re going and for how long. Like @havaneselover said I would pick one of the ones that comes with EP if I was staying for 3 days or less. We’ve never stayed longer than 3 days at universal so that’s why we’ve always done the EP

That's why some people hire attorneys or go through their own insurance.

I was rear ended in 2015 and handled my own claim and after the other company figured out I wasn't going to go away fast, they started to get ugly. They switched reps on me three times. Stand your ground.

I've been there, its not fun. I was rear ended and sustained injuries that required months of physical therapy. By state law my own insurance had to pay up to a certain amount (maybe $2500) so I had to go through them. But they of course filed against the other insurance company, which then started to investigate me. They called & harassed me, sent an investigator to my house, it was awful. I agree with Judique - stand your ground. The most important thing is for you to be made whole as much as possible.
It's just so frustrating. This was a minor accident luckily, no injuries and just some rear end damage. But it's on a new vehicle and it's also where the darn back up camera is, and we weren't at fault, so we want to get it fixed. I'd be really mad if the camera went out and it was a lot to fix, ya know?

I called our insurance and let them hash out who was at fault with the other company, took a month, then they gave me the claim number for the other company and the rep's number. DH made the call, the rep accused him of scamming the company, said the claim number didn't exist, has no info whatsoever on it, etc. How did you get that number??? I forgot the rep's number so DH called the general claim line, they looked up the claim number and transferred him to this guy... who is who my insurance rep gave me to begin with, saying that's who they talked to. This guy accused DH of trying to scam them, trying to get money from both companies, our insurance was supposed to handle it and bill them (wait, if he has no info associated with this claim number/it doesn't exist, how did he magically know our names and what our insurance company is without DH telling him?), blamed our insurance company for everything.

It's hard for me to make phone calls at work, no good time anyway and my service is terrible. I tried calling the other company a few times but kept getting told it's after business hours, call back tomorrow by a recorded message, so that's why DH called. I like our company - I can call them 24/7, and they are very responsive on their message system. So I just popped in there, told them what happened and gave the guy's info, and got a response in ~10mins that they will give that rep a call.

Ok, so this is strange. But I logged on using my CIP instead of DH CIP and I was able to get Cabana Bay and Aventura to show! It says no cancellation fees. So does that mean if I book and have to cancel, my points will be refunded, right?

ETA: Also getting Portofino and Hard Rock to show up now too. Now I'm torn about whether double the points is worth the EP. It's just points right?? :rotfl2:

Yes.

Applied for the CIP yesterday...Approved today :flower1:

Now to figure out the best way to book our Hotel for an upcoming trip to Chicago. Not sure if best to go the route of say Hotels.com or off of one of the sites where I have some points but certainly not enough for this. And I don't know if I will be earning points anyway off of those sites (Hilton Hyatt or Marriott) because we will be looking for a basic type package (going for low price since 7 days).

And was thinking about hopping on the grAAvy train as well. Though that would be down the road and if still available. Because I would love a card I can pay my mortgage with and earn points for Disney.

But back to the CIP, can I call to have this card expedited? Or is that a no no for a "business"? And if I can call should I request the additional employee card at this point also? It would be for DD.

And thanks for having the links available on Reddit.
Yes you can call. I added DH as a AU and then called to expidate my card. Well the rep said we will overnight both your cards. Got them three days later.

Yes it’s refundable within a week I believe. I’m holding two reservations for the same dates Incase family joins us for our trip. I did hard rock since the deluxe room holds 5 and doesn’t charge an extra fee. Never stayed on site for universal so we will see how it goes.

Yes if it says no cancellation fees your points are put back in your account if you cancel up to I think it’s 3 days before check in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter