I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine anybody here being comfortable with those stats...he was DENIED for 28 cards and 13 bank accounts in the past year... Yes he was denied for more accounts than 95%+ of us here attempted in the last year hahaha.

He’s a reputable contributor on r/churning but I just can’t play the game the way he does lol.
I'm definitely not gonna play the game that way but impressed by his 'go for it' attitude. I wish I could be a bit more like that!

I can’t imagine anybody here being comfortable with those stats...he was DENIED for 28 cards and 13 bank accounts in the past year... Yes he was denied for more accounts than 95%+ of us here attempted in the last year hahaha.

He’s a reputable contributor on r/churning but I just can’t play the game the way he does lol.

Ehh, I’d go for it if I was more organized lol. Denials never hurt anyone lol

@GlamMistress My condolences for your loss and so sorry for everything you are going through.

I've been away from this thread for 60+ pages due to my own family situation. My mother passed away quite unexpectedly on March 29 at age 79. She had congestive heart failure, but I don't think my sister and I (or any of my parents' friends) knew quite how serious it was. My family had been in CA to visit my Mom and Dad for Spring Break just the week before and my Mom seemed fine; maybe just a little run down and stressed out with everything that has been going on with my father. But the end stages of her heart failure just came on very suddenly at the end of last week. I spent the last week in CA making arrangements for my Mom and helping my Dad get settled at home (for those who remember my posting about his being ill, he is FINALLY home after 6 weeks in hospitals and rehab facilities), but with everything that had to be done, especially for my Dad, I'm not sure how much I've really even processed my Mom's death. My Dad is healthy now but very weak from lying in a hospital bed for 6 weeks. He now has 24-hour care at home and will be getting physical therapy etc. to hopefully get him back on his feet. I was really worried about how my Mom's death would affect him (they had been married for almost 59 years), but he took the news of her passing much better than I had feared (I was so worried he might just spiral downward). I don't think he was as surprised as the rest of us by her death since he saw her every day and could see her getting weaker. And then on top of everything else, my sister slipped and broke her wrist on Friday, so there we were, back in the same ER where my mother had passed away almost exactly a week prior. Just unbelievable! So it's been a trying 6 weeks for my family, but we will get through it.

And in actual cc news, I "Bonvoyed" Bonvoy and cancelled my former Amex SPG biz card today.

I’m so sorry the loss of your Mom.....Prayers for your family and glad your Dad is back home with care and PT

His (potential) problem is that if he gets AMEX pop ups and the grAAvy train derails, where does he go for more bonuses? He’s basically left with MSing on existing cards as his only points earning mechanism. I know that r/churning has a lot more fans of MS than we do here though.

That’s true. I feel like if that happened to me I’d slow down again and maybe wait to get under 5/24. His point totals are more than what most here get in 24 months he just went faster than most here.

If Chase pulls only Experian for you, you are safe to apply on May 1. You can verify this by checking your accounts list on the Experian app (free) - the Hilton Amex should show an open date of 5/1/17.

If Chase pulls any other credit bureau, including Experian + another one, this won't work and you'll have to wait until 5/17/19.
Doh! Not sure why I didn’t think of that. Thanks for reminding me. It does show the Amex opened 5/1. Unfortunately it also still shows the Amex I was AU on for 7/1/2017. I already filed with them to remove it and they replied it was marked appropriately and they closed the inquiry. I didn’t realize it was still showing.

@GlamMistress My condolences for your loss and so sorry for everything you are going through.

I've been away from this thread for 60+ pages due to my own family situation. My mother passed away quite unexpectedly on March 29 at age 79. She had congestive heart failure, but I don't think my sister and I (or any of my parents' friends) knew quite how serious it was. My family had been in CA to visit my Mom and Dad for Spring Break just the week before and my Mom seemed fine; maybe just a little run down and stressed out with everything that has been going on with my father. But the end stages of her heart failure just came on very suddenly at the end of last week. I spent the last week in CA making arrangements for my Mom and helping my Dad get settled at home (for those who remember my posting about his being ill, he is FINALLY home after 6 weeks in hospitals and rehab facilities), but with everything that had to be done, especially for my Dad, I'm not sure how much I've really even processed my Mom's death. My Dad is healthy now but very weak from lying in a hospital bed for 6 weeks. He now has 24-hour care at home and will be getting physical therapy etc. to hopefully get him back on his feet. I was really worried about how my Mom's death would affect him (they had been married for almost 59 years), but he took the news of her passing much better than I had feared (I was so worried he might just spiral downward). I don't think he was as surprised as the rest of us by her death since he saw her every day and could see her getting weaker. And then on top of everything else, my sister slipped and broke her wrist on Friday, so there we were, back in the same ER where my mother had passed away almost exactly a week prior. Just unbelievable! So it's been a trying 6 weeks for my family, but we will get through it.

And in actual cc news, I "Bonvoyed" Bonvoy and cancelled my former Amex SPG biz card today.
Oh my gosh how terrible. Condolences to you and your family. :grouphug:

So I drove down to Norfolk today for a work conference to stay at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott again. Some of you long timers may remember my stay here last year when I didn’t get a room until 11 pm. In good news, I had a room when I checked in at 3:30 today. I was about to come on here and say that the hotel has improved a lot with some refurbishments and that I’m getting free buffet breakfast every day with gold status.

In bad news, I walked out to my car in the parking garage at 10:15 to get my makeup bag out and realized that my car had been broken into :headache: My driver’s side door lock doesn’t always catch so I try to make sure I push it locked every time I get out. I guess I didn’t get it locked all the way and someone went through my car. The only things they took were my 11 year old iPod which I’m pretty sure doesn’t work at all anymore and has been sitting in my center console for approximately 6 years and, more frustratingly and bizarre, MY HORSE BRAIDING BAG :sad2: I was more mad about that than the iPod lol. I told Marriott, even though it’s not their parking garage and is owned by the city, and called non emergency PD and reported it. Trying to describe what the horse braiding bag contained was hilarious.

My friends (who were of course sympathetic) also found it hysterical because my car is notorious for being a DISASTER. I don’t care about car cleanliness at all so current miscellaneous items in my car include a box of Christmas ornaments, 2 day old remnants of an iced mocha, and a half eaten chicken salad sandwich on my passenger seat. So I’m sure whoever broke in had some choice three letter thoughts about my car lol.

Ironically, I parked in a terrible part of Richmond for a year while I worked there and never had one problem, but twice in Norfolk now my car has been broken into.

Back from my WDW trip. I am ONLY 103 pages and 2,072 posts behind. :sad2:

I am going to try my hardest to catch up, but I think I may have to peruse the news thread on Reddit.

I have officially completed my CIP MSR (+$160) between transpiration to and from the airport and using Lyft during my trip so those 80,000 URs should be mine. Figuring out my next WDW trips with all these rumors of FP+ changes, land openings, and new love of CL stays :cloud9: to decide my next CC.

So sorry for the loss of your mom.

Glad your dad is on the mend and getting care at home.

OT...

my dd16 wants to go to Hampton VA to visit a friend who just moved there. Wanting to go this summer. It looks like Newport News is the closest airport but SW doesn't fly there and the flights in on Delta and AA are $$$. What airport would be the biggest airport that is close by? Hopefully somewhere SW or Frontier flies into...?

ETA: Also only want a non-stop as this would be my dd and another friend or two but all teen girls so don't want them trying to navigate another airport to change planes.

And trying to get to Langley AFB if that helps at all.

Last edited:
OT...

my dd16 wants to go to Hampton VA to visit a friend who just moved there. Wanting to go this summer. It looks like Newport News is the closest airport but SW doesn't fly there and the flights in on Delta and AA are $$$. What airport would be the biggest airport that is close by? Hopefully somewhere SW or Frontier flies into...?

ETA: Also only want a non-stop as this would be my dd and another friend or two but all teen girls so don't want them trying to navigate another airport to change planes.

Norfolk ORF

Next would be Richmond RIC

OT...

ORF is correct, as @pillow said. Even then, it can be hard to get a nonstop there.

Make sure they lock their car doors when they’re here :crazy2:

What?? Drats!! I’ve seen them at the 360/Winterpock store. Don’t really feel like driving all the way over there though.

That’s my store! I’m in Norfolk until Wednesday afternoon but I’ll check on the way home. Actually I can swing in to the one behind Chesterfield Town Center too since I’m going to stop at the Staples over there. That one is at least closer to y’all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter