I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder to @*WDW*Groupie* - If you haven't done so already, you should apply for the Bonvoy Brilliant before the 100k offer ends tomorrow. You won't be approved because you're still at 2 Amex credit cards within the past 90 days, but one of those cards will drop off on or about 4/28/19 and you can recon the Bonvoy Brilliant with the 100k offer attached then.

My prior comments for reference.

I just want to chime in as my DS is allergic to peanuts and egg and the preboarding really depends on the crew. Some of them let me board early to wipe all the seats/trays and some will say that I can’t and that I need to wait for family boarding.

Thanks for letting us know. I always ask for a ‘peanut dust allergy” card when I check in or at the gate agent desk. The last time I flew SW was last January 2019 from MCO and I was allowed to preboard when I showed the card. I was only allowed to bring one other person with me. I took my younger dd and had to leave ds15 to board by himself but he was A25 so he did not have to wait long.

I'm so sorry, my other post was misleading. haha! I was interested in the reddington beach doubletree. Thanks for the Legoland review too, though!

OMG....sorry about that!:joker:

So the Double Tree Hotel in North Redington was great. I did book the bay/city view room for 50k Hilton points per night and got upgraded to Ocean view.
The room is a regular Hotel room with 2 Queen beds and a balcony and the beach is a few steps down from the Lobby/restaurant. You can rent “tents” for the day ($32) and jet skis, kayaks not sure how much those were.
39390248-6429-4BE2-91DF-A84D6E9890F6.jpeg
The pool was really small and the hotel was located in a more residential area. There was not much to do in the area. We would drive 15-20min to Seminole to go to the arcade and go shopping.
My first choice was the Hilton in Clearwater for the same point price but they do charge a resort fee and parking fee. I am thinking maybe the Aspire will be a good cc to get for the next trip:stir:

@wendow Same thing happened to me with the temp Citi card number when trying to buy an AA gift card. I wasn't in a hurry so just waited until the plastic card arrived.

I now have 2 x $200 AA cards. Trying to decide whether to keep or sell . . .
This is happening to me with my temp number but also to dh with his permanent card number. The number it tells you to call doesn't ever go through unless it is after hours and then it just says they are closed and to call back between 8-5 CST. Call during that time and it says all circuits are busy :confused3 I sent them a message about my dh's problem and they responded to call the number :badpc:

This is happening to me with my temp number but also to dh with his permanent card number. The number it tells you to call doesn't ever go through unless it is after hours and then it just says they are closed and to call back between 8-5 CST. Call during that time and it says all circuits are busy :confused3 I sent them a message about my dh's problem and they responded to call the number :badpc:

Oh that's maddening!!!

Applied for CIP #2 on 4/9, and was finally approved 2 days ago.

I do not have a MSR tracker bar showing up when I log into the UR page for this account. This is making me a bit paranoid that I will not get the SUB when I reach the MSR. My wife just reached MSR for CIP #1 and the SUB posted. She never showed the tracker either, but I was never concerned about that since it was her first time getting the card.

I guess since this is my second time going for this SUB it would be nice to have some validation that it's all gonna work out before I go an put 5k on the card.

Are other people seeing this tracking bar for their CIP #2's? Thanks

Plastiq Chat told me that my FFDs should post within two business days of when my payments were processed AND deposited by the recipients.
I can see all of my payments deposited with a date of yesterday. They are still just showing as sent on Plastiq, and last time they went to complete the day after they were actually deposited by the credit union the auto loan is with. So I'm hopeful it will switch over today/tomorrow... then I'll probably be impatient and message them again right away, just because I want to get a payment in with my Arrival Plus. I've technically hit my MSR, but part of it is some speculative Disney deposits a few months down the line, so I want to make up for those if they end up cancelled.

Hi All,
I'm very new to the group and planning on my first Disney Vacation with family. My first purpose is trying to figure out how to save money. I am a frequent United flier and saw I was able to redeem my miles for gift cards there. I heard from other friends that Southwest and Delta do something similar. Does anyone know of other programs I can use my rewards on to get free Disney Gift Cards?
Thank you!

There's a few programs you can do that with but it's usually a poor value for the points. If you had some orphaned points that you were never going to use before they expire (or something like that) I can see just cashing them out for anything helpful as something is better than nothing. But were you planning to open new cards to just cash out the points for Disney? If that's the case depending on the amount of time you have to devote to it, you could get much better savings either using those points for their intended purpose and then repurpose the cash you'd have spent there on GC's or going for different rewards cards that don't convert to GC's but can erase your Disney charges in some fashion.

Just as an example, I'm looking at my Southwest account and it's only showing the $25 Disney Gift Card available for 3000 RR points. Most other GC's I'm seeing a 1 cents per point (cpp) value but Disney is .8 cpp. The last flight I booked with points I received a 1.5 cpp value.
In that case I would be better off spending 12,000 points on a $180 flight and taking that $180 cash to use on discounted gift card schemes, rather than spending the points on the Disney GC directly from SW which only gets me $100 towards Disney.

This all depends on your time and effort you want to spend. I seem to recall someone around here opened a Delta credit card despite never flown or expecting to fly on Delta and got some Target GC's with it :rolleyes: But it's not generally a recommended course of action (unless you're bored, apparently).

I am gambling on my SW seating for our trip at the end of May. It's just dh and I, and the cost has gone up so much, it's not worth it. Now, if we end up separated in middle seats in the back of the plane, I may change my tune LOL. But this is a budge trip, fights, hotel, car etc, all on points, so the cheaper the better.
Even with my family in September, I didn't buy it. My kids are 23 and 26, if we can even sit 2 and 2, it's all good. I think...
When it was much cheaper, I thought it was the best money spent, but not so much now.
My entire family just lol's at any worry of finding seats on the plane..... (i'm a 24 hour on the dot checkin kind of person) they literally do not care where they sit on the plane, as my Dh has said a million times to my worrying self-"we all arrive at the same time anyway,I'm not paying extra":rotfl2:

I do not have a MSR tracker bar showing up when I log into the UR page for this account. This is making me a bit paranoid that I will not get the SUB when I reach the MSR. My wife just reached MSR for CIP #1 and the SUB posted. She never showed the tracker either, but I was never concerned about that since it was her first time getting the card.

I guess since this is my second time going for this SUB it would be nice to have some validation that it's all gonna work out before I go an put 5k on the card.

The tracker has never shown up for me. My MSR is now officially complete since my last transaction posted this morning. It seems that the tracker has been hit or miss for most people.

Welcome. I cannot really help with cc rewards and Disney. But have you checked out the Swagbucks thread? Many of us earn free gift cards from sites like swagbucks and mypoints, and apps like Shopkick, Dabble, etc...

Very helpful! I'll checkout swagbucks/mypoints/shopkick ASAP! so much to learn, so little time.

I did not have the tracker for CIP #1. Met the MSR beginning of April during the slower posting time and got my 80,000 URs last week. I don't think anyone here has reported having the the tracker with a CIP. Other business and personal cards have had it, but I do not remember reading about a CIP with it here (yet?)

@palhockeymomof2 & @snugglebug - I'm so sorry for both of your losses.

Currently catching up on this thread (what else is new) after returning from our 8 night trip to WDW the other day. We're already counting down the days until our return on 5/24.

Not much to report on the CC front. SW CP came through in enough time for me to cancel DH's flights on points for this trip and add him as my companion so that was nice. Recently booked a DL stay for November which I'm really excited about. DH and I haven't been in years and DS has never been, so he's really looking forward to it. Decided to shoot for the CIC for DH. He was approved after just a few days, so we're working on his MSR.

Towards the end of this trip we decided to do the DVC Tour. I was really into it, but DH really on did it for the gc and FPs. Now I can't stop myself from reading as much as I can about DVC. DH doesn't think the numbers work for us and he's probably right. At $188 per point :crazy2: it's hard to imagine they would considering pretty much every trip we take is supplemented by cc points in some form or with an agent rate. I keep wavering on it and find myself trying to "make" the numbers work despite this.

Another question about timing for a second CIP. I know the usual advice about 2-3 months between applications, but just need someone to say go for it or wait! I will be finishing up MSR on my CIC this week with the Staples $200 gift cards so I'm getting antsy. This would be for my DH, he's just over two months since last card, but I'd like to get it in time to purchase our Disneyland tickets from UCT for our trip May 11.

03/28/18 CHASE SW Plus
08/17/18 CHASE SW Biz
11/07/19 CHASE Ink Preferred
02/18/19 CHASE Ink Unlimited

With your trip coming up soon and if it were me, I'd go for it.

No tracker has ever shown up for my dd18's CIP#1 or dh's CIP#2. I think it's not showing for a lot of people.

Could I get some advice please?

Last year I tried several times for the Hilton biz card but got the pop-up so I never actually applied for the card. I think I'm probably in good standing with Amex now and am considering trying for it again. I have a trip to NYC coming up next month for work and will be staying a couple of nights at a Double Tree. Should I apply for the card now so that I can use it on my trip, OR should I pay with my Biz Platinum that I have a Double Tree offer on (spend $225, get $45 back)?

I'm leaning towards paying with the Platinum and using the offer and then applying for the Hilton card down the road, but would love to hear some other thoughts! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter