I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you looked at the BoA Premium Rewards card? 50K points ($500) on $3K MSR, it has a $95 annual fee so your net is $405 for $3000 MSR. It comes with a $100 travel credit and Global Entry reimbursement. I hear it helps your application to have a checking account with them and there are promos around for opening a checking account. I linked one here on this thread a couple days ago.

For redemption, you can just redeem points as a statement credit. It earns 1.5% everywhere, and 2% in travel and dining. It's not that impressive unless you qualify for their Preferred Rewards program, but if all you're looking for is the SUB, it's not bad.
I haven’t looked into Bank of America. I thought they were tough to get approved for? The travel credit and global entry definitely wouldn’t get used. I have no idea when we’ll travel again but it won’t be for a long time unfortunately.

I don't know if Shipt counts. I've never used it! What offers are you finding for the BCP or BCE? There used to be a $250 back after $1k spend but I've not checked in forever to see what was being offered.

Do y'all have Amex BBP? Interested in a Plat?
BCP is $250 after $1k and BCE is $150 after $1k. So really they’re pretty close considering the BCP has an AF of $95.

We both have BBPs. I’m not sure about the plat. I’ve really only been looking at cards that give a statement credit as the bonus. Dh said if it’s a card that gives points instead he wants to be able to cash the points out at a good redemption and idk if that’s even possible

BCP is $250 after $1k and BCE is $150 after $1k. So really they’re pretty close considering the BCP has an AF of $95.

We both have BBPs. I’m not sure about the plat. I’ve really only been looking at cards that give a statement credit as the bonus. Dh said if it’s a card that gives points instead he wants to be able to cash the points out at a good redemption and idk if that’s even possible
Depends. I cash out MR's for Home Depot GC's at a 1:1 but we are doing tons of home reno so it works for us.

So, yes, similar offer for the BC cards. I think just depends on how much you will spend on grocery.

I think I'm going to throw an audible and totally switch up my next card plan. Let me know if this makes sense -

I'd always planned on one more :drinking1or a CIC to help with Asia, using URs for ANA flights using VS and for Hyatt. Without this I was trying to figure out another MR card I could get so I could use some of the MRs I earned to use for Hilton to VS instead. BUT my new hobby (more about that in a minute) has made me realize that the Citi Premier might actually be my better play here to transfer to VS.

I'm 3/24 until Nov when one falls off so another personal card was never an issue. I'd transfer whatever TYP and then fill in with URs so it wouldn't leave me useless points.

As I'm typing this, it makes sense. That makes the question, is the 60k for $4k the best deal out there and I didn't see any support on dischurners so it either doesn't have it or no one has this card...

If this makes sense I'll probably pull the trigger this week, I'm almost done with my surpass spend and will probably finish it at safeway this month while I still get 12x the points at grocery. Using my chase card at fred's since amex doesn't think they are grocery.

The hobby, I've started going on to reddit and up voting a lot of posts that get down voted on the discussion and question threads and sometimes down vote those that are annoying but have positive numbers. I know it's silly but I'm enjoying spreading the positivity to people just trying to ask a question or share info. I answered a question somewhere too but it might've been on the amex reddit I joined. Also both of these make me appreciate everyone here so much more, not only the niceness but also the education we all get and share because some of the stuff I read...

Depends. I cash out MR's for Home Depot GC's at a 1:1 but we are doing tons of home reno so it works for us.

So, yes, similar offer for the BC cards. I think just depends on how much you will spend on grocery.
Well that’s kind of the problem because we won’t be using it for groceries. We’ll continue using URs since that works with shipt. The only thing we plan to use the new cards for is hospital bills

Well that’s kind of the problem because we won’t be using it for groceries. We’ll continue using URs since that works with shipt. The only thing we plan to use the new cards for is hospital bills
How much do you have in hospital bills?

I don't know if Shipt counts. I've never used it! What offers are you finding for the BCP or BCE? There used to be a $250 back after $1k spend but I've not checked in forever to see what was being offered.

Do y'all have Amex BBP? Interested in a Plat?
I just have to say I love reading "y'all" lol I almost typed that in an email to a client this morning, a Canadian client. I try not to let my Texan show too much for work emails ;)

I just have to say I love reading "y'all" lol I almost typed that in an email to a client this morning, a Canadian client. I try not to let my Texan show too much for work emails ;)
You can take the girl out of Texas but...well, you know...it's who I am :) Back before I stayed home with kids and I was working, I tried to hide the Texas from coworkers but one guy figured it out and he called me, "Tex" so then everyone called me "Tex". Now, more than ever, I appreciate my home state ;)

Using my chase card at fred's since amex doesn't think they are grocery.

I feel your pain:charac2: it makes me so bitter that FM isn't considered grocery! It's the reason I don't do BCP since that's where 80%of my grocery shopping goes. I have 3 Safeway closer than FM but one pretty much has a hobo camp out front, none of them ever have a reasonable amount of checkers, and their sales prices frequently don't ring in correctly so you have to watch like a hawk to make sure your not being charged like 8$for that brick of cheese that should have been $4!

I needed to get that off my chest. 😂

I haven’t looked into Bank of America. I thought they were tough to get approved for? The travel credit and global entry definitely wouldn’t get used. I have no idea when we’ll travel again but it won’t be for a long time unfortunately.
Yeah, I know you said you wouldn't be traveling but I thought the net $405 SUB was higher than what you're looking at with the BCP or BCE for a $3K bill. The other thing you want to be sure about before getting an Amex, is that the hospital accepts Amex. I've been surprised sometimes by places that don't. The BoA Premium Reward card is a Visa.

BoA definitely has its ups and downs, but then so does Amex. Since everybody's situation is different, I can't really say if they're hard to get approved for, I know some folks on this thread have had success and some have had failures. I've read they are a relationship bank, so they want to see you have some account with them and that improves your odds. But then some have gotten approved with no relationship so who really knows?

Good luck deciding!

I feel your pain:charac2: it makes me so bitter that FM isn't considered grocery! It's the reason I don't do BCP since that's where 80%of my grocery shopping goes. I have 3 Safeway closer than FM but one pretty much has a hobo camp out front, none of them ever have a reasonable amount of checkers, and their sales prices frequently don't ring in correctly so you have to watch like a hawk to make sure your not being charged like 8$for that brick of cheese that should have been $4!

I needed to get that off my chest. 😂

I get their reasoning but to all of us it's a grocery store, you just also happen to be able to buy clothes, fish bait, garden flowers, a couch and your dishes there too :rotfl2: They've been around since before Super Walmart/Target and shouldn't count like them. I do enjoy wandering through the clothes and stuff quickly on my in store trips every 3-4 weeks though, much more fun than a reg grocery store but I miss having my sb hot chocolate while I do it.

Safeway is the worst! There's two near me, one always seems dirty and I think it's just because it's dark but it hasn't been redone in YEARS. The other is almost always busy and the people are the worst, customers, workers etc. Not all but most. And the prices! People that complain about the regular prices at Fred's must never shop at Safeway, $3.79 for a bottle of fat free hidden valley ranch with a sign on it that said everyday low price, umm no. But their bakery sells single slices of cake and Fred's doesn't so they do have that going for them. But so much of it, even on sale, is more than Fred's. I've been going in for gift cards and my mom's starbucks because they've had the 4 bottle packs on sale for 4.99 when you buy four a couple of times the past few weeks and she goes through like 3 a week. Fred's hasn't had them on sale much lately. So I go on each week and check my coupons. I'll do at least one more purchase there on my hilton card this month, I need to see when my 12x grocery is good through. Then I'll get some Dis gc at Fred's and the 4x on my CSR this weekend before I get gas, I think I'm almost at 1000 total so that'd get me gas under 2 bucks :)

Yeah, I know you said you wouldn't be traveling but I thought the net $405 SUB was higher than what you're looking at with the BCP or BCE for a $3K bill. The other thing you want to be sure about before getting an Amex, is that the hospital accepts Amex. I've been surprised sometimes by places that don't. The BoA Premium Reward card is a Visa.

BoA definitely has its ups and downs, but then so does Amex. Since everybody's situation is different, I can't really say if they're hard to get approved for, I know some folks on this thread have had success and some have had failures. I've read they are a relationship bank, so they want to see you have some account with them and that improves your odds. But then some have gotten approved with no relationship so who really knows?

Good luck deciding!
We have multiple bills but the total is around $3k so it doesn’t all have to be put on one card. I think the reason I wasn’t wanting to do BoA is because you don’t get as big of a return on the bonus. If I’m doing my math correctly, I think the CFU would give us 40% by spending $500 and getting $200 back. BoA would be around 13.5% for the bonus.

Are there any rules how far apart to apply for Amex cards? I got my Hilton card recently but just noticed the Blue cash preferred bonus is up to $300 and I’ve been wanting to get this card.

There are a few ways to cash out the travel credit. I have been able to do this twice so far and that combined with some offers have offset the annual fee. DoC maintains a list of DPs of what works for the travel credit.

The hobby, I've started going on to reddit and up voting a lot of posts that get down voted on the discussion and question threads and sometimes down vote those that are annoying but have positive numbers. I know it's silly but I'm enjoying spreading the positivity to people just trying to ask a question or share info. I answered a question somewhere too but it might've been on the amex reddit I joined. Also both of these make me appreciate everyone here so much more, not only the niceness but also the education we all get and share because some of the stuff I read...
I’ve totally been doing that too, I usually scroll to the bottom and start upvoting. It makes me so mad to see how petty they can be.

Last edited:

I started using "y'all" and "folks" rather than less PC terms like "you guys" and "you people", especially in less formal groups (and I'm not from the south)

PS: It's very hard typing "y'all" here, including the ""-marks.
In Outlook, Word, and texts my computer is trained to type "y'all" when I type "yall".

Can I PC from Chase Disney Premier to another Chase card? After getting into this for barely a couple of weeks, I see no benefit to keeping the Chase Disney Premier card. I did PC from Disney Rewards to Disney Premier within the last year, so not sure I qualify. I applied for CSP and was denied, but maybe PC to a CF might work? I need tips on how to do that and if it's a good idea that makes sense. Not sure if it would mess up any potential for SUBs in the future. The Disney Rewards (now Premier) is my oldest card so I want to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter