I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. I have been known to occasionally buy $1000 worth of GC on my BCP along with my groceries. Haven't done it with my Surpass, as the 6% cash back on BCP is good for me.

Huh. I have been known to occasionally buy $1000 worth of GC on my BCP along with my groceries. Haven't done it with my Surpass, as the 6% cash back on BCP is good for me.

I would think/hope that if it's something you do somewhat regularly that it wouldn't be an issue and you'd have a case for it. It seems to be people that don't normally put that extra $1500+ on their card at the grocery store ever. Some did less than $3k and got their points on their June statement so did more than $3k and didn't get it on July, are waiting to see or those that did more than that and just haven't gotten any points at all for grocery spend the past two months.

I've gotten my points but also didn't do anything at all huge and am also meeting spend so had varied and didn't always get a gc when I stopped at safeway. But when they announced the extra points I def spent more at safeway than I normally would but I also buy gc at the grocery store when meeting amex spend so I can use the visa or mc at the places that don't take amex, like the chiropractor I see every other week.

I also think people thought they were safe because of the l3 data, the dps don't seem like they expected the points not to post both on r/churning and r/amex.

I sell on ebay and they are rolling out a new managed payments program that sellers are forced to sign up for as their new payment processor. What is most inconvenient for me is that now they will deposit directly to my bank within a few days the proceeds from my sales. I don't want it to go to my regular checking so I need to quickly set up a new bank account, ideally with a bank bonus. I've never done one of those.:guilty: Any good recommendations for a bank that I will actually keep and use? It would need to be easy to transfer to my regular checking. I have a schwab account and an offer for a $200 chase checking but I have to set up direct deposit - are paychecks the only thing that counts for Chase? I really don't want to commingle household funds - ebay is for car payments and vacation funds only.
Thanks!

Only thing is they don't get l3 from them so while it's probably all/mostly ms as the dps I've read def spent more on the card than they had been at the grocery store, it's kinda messed up since amex doesn't have actual proof othet than the amount the people spent. And the dps I've seen haven't all been huge amounts and really not dif than someone maxing out the csr grocery benefit last month.
But groceries can and do turn over what people buy. in fact frequent shopper cards are huge resellers of customer data and I have no doubt that Amex is able to obtain some type of detail besides just amounts.

But groceries can and do turn over what people buy. in fact frequent shopper cards are huge resellers of customer data and I have no doubt that Amex is able to obtain some type of detail besides just amounts.

I doubt they all used one. Any offer is only good once and a lot were spending more than you get fuel points for so there wouldn't be much point in it. And if that was the case, then amex would have way more subs to claw back due to people buying store gc at the grocery store, which is fully ok or they wouldn't be giving points when @georgina buys 1k with her groceries. I don't think amex is getting that far into it. I also fail to see how it would be considered marketing for them to get a hold of it, which unless I've misunderstood all these years, is what that info is to be used for when it's sold, not tracking what I buy to catch me buying gc. I'd have a huge issue with stores if I found out they were doing that

I have to cancel DS's AA flight to Glacier. We were supposed to travel on Thursday. I was hoping that they would change the flight enough that I could get a refund. I am thinking I will just get a cert to use later since they haven't changed the flight at all. When is the latest I can cancel with AA? Still hoping they cancel or change the flight in the next two days!

I sell on ebay and they are rolling out a new managed payments program that sellers are forced to sign up for as their new payment processor. What is most inconvenient for me is that now they will deposit directly to my bank within a few days the proceeds from my sales. I don't want it to go to my regular checking so I need to quickly set up a new bank account, ideally with a bank bonus. I've never done one of those.:guilty: Any good recommendations for a bank that I will actually keep and use? It would need to be easy to transfer to my regular checking. I have a schwab account and an offer for a $200 chase checking but I have to set up direct deposit - are paychecks the only thing that counts for Chase? I really don't want to commingle household funds - ebay is for car payments and vacation funds only.
Thanks!
While there is no bank bonus, if you are a T-mobile customer, I'm very happy with my T-Mobile Money acct. It earns 4% on balances up to $3k, all of other accounts have dropped well below that. It requires a $200 deposit each month, I just move $200+ into my main acct and then back to T-Mobile.

Thanks!
I also sell on eBay and haven’t received an email on this..off to research..ugh

I would think/hope that if it's something you do somewhat regularly that it wouldn't be an issue and you'd have a case for it. It seems to be people that don't normally put that extra $1500+ on their card at the grocery store ever. Some did less than $3k and got their points on their June statement so did more than $3k and didn't get it on July, are waiting to see or those that did more than that and just haven't gotten any points at all for grocery spend the past two months.

I've gotten my points but also didn't do anything at all huge and am also meeting spend so had varied and didn't always get a gc when I stopped at safeway. But when they announced the extra points I def spent more at safeway than I normally would but I also buy gc at the grocery store when meeting amex spend so I can use the visa or mc at the places that don't take amex, like the chiropractor I see every other week.

I also think people thought they were safe because of the l3 data, the dps don't seem like they expected the points not to post both on r/churning and r/amex.
Did your extra points show right away? I did a WM grocery purchase with my Amex Marriot Biz in June, but I don't see any extra points for it in my account.

Have you guys seen this? More on a specific AA account that was closed and how they abused the Citi bonuses. This is nuts. They opened 45 co-branded cards in four years. And then they filed a complaint to try to get miles redeposited on a cancelled ticket. This doesn’t look good for them.
For those that would prefer to read the source vs. a blogger’s assessment:

https://downloads.regulations.gov/DOT-OST-2020-0046-0003/attachment_1.pdf
I’d also hesitate to call this nuts, it was pretty awesome 🤣 and numerous people here may have hit this at various levels as well.

Just another “R.I.P.” to the sweet taste of grAAvy for those who benefited. And so we move on in search of the next great loophole 😊

Last edited:
Did your extra points show right away? I did a WM grocery purchase with my Amex Marriot Biz in June, but I don't see any extra points for it in my account.

Yes but it also says it's a grocery purchase. Does wm code as grocery for amex? I wouldn't think it would since target and fred meyer, which people consider a grocery store, don't they are general merch or something like that.

For those that would prefer to read the source vs. a blogger’s assessment:

https://downloads.regulations.gov/DOT-OST-2020-0046-0003/attachment_1.pdf
I’d also hesitate to call this nuts, it was pretty awesome 🤣 and numerous people here may have hit this at various levels as well.

Just another “R.I.P.” to the sweet taste of grAAvy for those who benefited. And so we move on in search of the next great loophole 😊

Some times I wonder if our thread is the subject of the same kind of scrutiny given to flyertalk and reddit. And by extention to Dischurners. Case in point - our links on Dischurners not working and generating pop up messages. The same link sent directly by email to a friend - works fine.

Some times I wonder if our thread is the subject of the same kind of scrutiny given to flyertalk and reddit. And by extention to Dischurners. Case in point - our links on Dischurners not working and generating pop up messages. The same link sent directly by email to a friend - works fine.

Dischurners is private and I think the mods have q good plan in place for allowing people to join. It'd take some work for someone to join, much more than reddit or flyertalk.

As for the link, in order for that to work it would have to be the exact same person using the exact same link, from reddit with it not working and then copied by the author from reddit and emailed to the person and then it working. Links die or get pasted in wrong or things break, to me that's not weird when some of these links haven't been updated since January (I date when I update mine and know some are that old).

Popup messages happen to everyone, there's posts on them on r/amex and the person that got it didn't know what it was about. These are people that might be churners but you can tell a lot are just your average credit card users both from the questions they ask and the answers some of them give. So it's not just churners that are getting the popup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter