I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all I have to do is purchase them on my card at the airport? There's nothing like automatic earlybird or whatever it's called?
Yes if they are available you purchase them at the airport on the card, I have been able to purchase them once when checking my luggage....another time the agent said it could only be purchased at the gate so I did it there

We have never cruised DCL. Too expensive. I can go on 2-3 cruises on another line for the same price and we have a great time.
I hear you. Unfortunately we love DCL. And the price difference for me has never been that extreme by the time I figure in onboard booking credit and discount, paying with gift cards, etc. But this is $3400 for Spring break and DCL is probably > $6k.

I have a friend that has a referral for the Southwest card. I am strongly considering it for the free 75000, but I have 2 questions. First, if I spend the required $5000, are the reward pts instant or do I have to wait 6 months for them? We hope to go to Disney in June and I think she said Disney's $25 GCs are 3000 pts. I'd like to put the 75000 to use buying Disney GC. Is there a limit on how many you get order at a time?
The points usually post a few days after your statement closes....I have never used RR points for gift cards so can’t help with that
Have you considered opening a Chase card that earns URs....if you are eligible for the CSP...it earns 60,000 URs after a 4K spend...or the CIP earns 80k URs after a $5k spend if you buy the Disney gift cards on it you can use the URs as a statement credit or cash them out to pay for the gift cards

Last edited:
Yes, I called them a few months ago to cancel. Told them I didn't know it was on autorenew and wanted to cancel it. They told me at first that they couldn't do it over the phone (can't remember what number I called, whatever google told me) and that I had to go into a local store to cancel it. I asked for the number to the corporate office, called them, and they had no problem doing it.

Thanks! Called today and they canceled and issued the refund.

I just go to grubhub then select pick up and the one by me (Short Pump) shows up. But the one by our Costco doesn't so maybe the franchise owners decide whether or not to participate? But I thought @Albort or @wendow said something about using the ChickFilA app and that crediting when using Gold to pay. I haven't tried that yet.

Dang... none of mine show up :( And the Cheesecake Factory is too far for me. I'll have to figure out a better way to use it.

I guess I knew that going in about being best for transferring to FF programs, but I didn't think they would be so bad for the other things. I did just get this last Amazon MR offer. The more I look at how I can redeem them, the more I think the Home Depot gift card might be best. @tink1970 is probably cringing just reading that 🤣

When I did the Home Depot gift cards I got them at 20% off. Occasionally there are discounts on various gift cards.

The points usually post a few days after your statement closes....I have never used RR points for gift cards so can’t help with that
Have you considered opening a Chase card that earns URs....if you are eligible for the CSP...it earns 60,000 URs after a 4K spend...or the CIP earns 80k URs after a $5k Spence if you buy the Disney gift cards on it you can use the URs as a statement credit or cash them out to pay for the gift cards
Great suggestion! Thanks!!

I worked in veterinary medicine for years and I still don’t like those movies. I recall as a kid not being emotional at movies. I never cried (still rarely do) and they didn’t affect me much. Until I saw ”Benji”. It was a dog movie back in the 70’s. One of the bad guys kicked a little dog who yelped and went flying across the room, and lay there still. I didn’t bawl, but definitely tears rolled. Obviously affected me since I still recall it 50 years later.
That is the actual scene I was referring to in my animal movie post, I did bawl, I totally freaked out. I was just a little kid and it scarred me for life LOL.
I was a vet assistant senior year in high school. My first day on the job, one of my best friends dad, brought their dog in to be put to sleep. Somehow I survived that day, and worked there the rest of the school year. Not a job for me.

[QUOTE="CyndiLouWho, post: 61449968, member: 460882"

I have been told a FNC couldn’t be extended when it was far out from expiration date. Once the expiration date was closer, the CSR could extend it. YMMV.
[/QUOTE]

Another thing - if they do extend it when it is relatively far out, they may not give you a full year extended - this happened to my daughter but fortunately she was able to use it during the extended period.

I hear you. Unfortunately we love DCL. And the price difference for me has never been that extreme by the time I figure in onboard booking credit and discount, paying with gift cards, etc. But this is $3400 for Spring break and DCL is probably > $6k.

:boat:Calling all RCCL and Carribean cruising experts.

First, @havaneselover , thank you for this post!! The stars have aligned and SIL and good friends all have the same (Easter) spring break next year. I saw you mention $3400 for a cruise and had to look. We can do a Western on Oasis, or an Eastern on Harmony or Allure for around that price for a balcony room with 4 people. Awesome deal.

Now I need help. Which itinerary is better for kids who love the beach and to eat? Ages 9-16. And also a SIL who is paranoid about unsafe islands.

We've been on Oasis and will be on sister ship Allure this summer. Is Harmony similar? Anything else to be aware of?

Allure
St. Maarten
Puerto Rico
Coco Cay

Harmony
Coco Cay
St. Thomas
St. Kitts

Great suggestion! Thanks!!
@palhockeymomof2 has the better idea. Cashing out SW miles for gift cards is a low rate of return. 80,000 UR from CIP will get you $800 cash, if the rate you quoted is accurate, the SW points would get you $625. Maybe list any credit cards you have gotten in the past 24 months and people here can help you with your goal.

FWIW, I have bought Disney GCs for 80% of face value over the past 6 months, meaning if I took the $800 from CIP and bought Disney GCs at a discount I would have $1000 in GCs

That is the actual scene I was referring to in my animal movie post, I did bawl, I totally freaked out. I was just a little kid and it scarred me for life LOL.
I was a vet assistant senior year in high school. My first day on the job, one of my best friends dad, brought their dog in to be put to sleep. Somehow I survived that day, and worked there the rest of the school year. Not a job for me.
I did that job for 20 years. There were definitely some bad days, but overall I loved helping animals.

First, @havaneselover , thank you for this post!! The stars have aligned and SIL and good friends all have the same (Easter) spring break next year. I saw you mention $3400 for a cruise and had to look. We can do a Western on Oasis, or an Eastern on Harmony or Allure for around that price for a balcony room with 4 people. Awesome deal.

Now I need help. Which itinerary is better for kids who love the beach and to eat? Ages 9-16. And also a SIL who is paranoid about unsafe islands.

We've been on Oasis and will be on sister ship Allure this summer. Is Harmony similar? Anything else to be aware of?

Allure
St. Maarten
Puerto Rico
Coco Cay

Harmony
Coco Cay
St. Thomas
St. Kitts
I love st. Thomas so my preference would be harmony.

Allure
St. Maarten
Puerto Rico
Coco Cay

Harmony
Coco Cay
St. Thomas
St. Kitts
We have done the Allure and it was nice. I think she is getting a facelift like the Oasis.

we are doing the Harmony in 55 days but the Western itinerary.

St. Thomas, well actually St. John is my favorite port so I would probably choose Harmony. But I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.

Ha, just posted the same! But we like to go over to St. John.

Are St. Thomas and St. Kitts considered safe cruise areas? She was very nervous in Jamaica and Haiti (Labadee). So trying to pick someplace she'll feel comfortable. We've traveled all over and have always felt safe but I do want to make her as comfortable as possible.

Are St. Thomas and St. Kitts considered safe cruise areas? She was very nervous in Jamaica and Haiti (Labadee). So trying to pick someplace she'll feel comfortable. We've traveled all over and have always felt safe but I do want to make her as comfortable as possible.
Yes, very. St. Thomas is part of the US and the people are very friendly. St. Kitts is the same (just not part of the US). They have a vet school in St. Kitts that is associated with one of the big NY colleges that a lot of the US students opt to go to.

@palhockeymomof2 has the better idea. Cashing out SW miles for gift cards is a low rate of return. 80,000 UR from CIP will get you $800 cash, if the rate you quoted is accurate, the SW points would get you $625. Maybe list any credit cards you have gotten in the past 24 months and people here can help you with your goal.

FWIW, I have bought Disney GCs for 80% of face value over the past 6 months, meaning if I took the $800 from CIP and bought Disney GCs at a discount I would have $1000 in GCs
Thanks! I went with CSP! I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter