I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we redirect to something completely on topic!

2 Questions:

1) If you were told you had to close ALL of your CCs and could only hold ONE card...which card would you hold, and why?

2) Tell me about your favorite trip that churning has enabled. Where did you go? How did churning make it possible? etc...

Let's flood the thread with fun on topic comments that can encourage everybody during these tough times!!
1) i have not have had a big variety of cards yet. The card I like most is SW Chase because I love the fact that it’s easy to fly with points and change or cancel flights if needed. I am sure there are still better or more valuable options out there and I look forward to exploring them slowly.

2) haven’t had one yet that was enable by churning , but I do have some Disney gift cards that I have earned through it and also the points to fly with. Looking forward to our next trip to use them! 😍

I need to PC/downgrade an Amex Delta Platinum to Gold. I've done similar with Amex by phone in the days BV, and it was easy, but wondering if I can do it by SM now.

Check your SW flights, They just silently canceled my flights or something. I noticed the date was the 31st instead of the 30th. So I clicked on it and it says "We're sorry, this reservation has already been cancelled." Funny thing is tho when I check the 31st there are no 6AM flights that is shows in my dashboard page. So I guess this is the push I needed to just cancel the trip. They also have not refunded me the points.
I've had tons of SW flight changes lately, but I've actually received 3 or 4 calls from Sw to tell me and asking if the changs was ok. They've all been the best flight available to switch to.

Lol we’re doing 10 transactions at the gas pump. We did 3 one day and are gonna try to do the remaining 7 on Friday
There's a little store at my work that I used to buy $.10 York peppermint patties at to meet transaction requirements at. I always wondered what the cashier thought of me! :)

According to my doctor today, it’s good I have a different sleep schedule from Dh because we can take turns with the baby. Who knows if that will actually happen lol
Not to get too personal, but that's great in theory, but hard when you're breastfeeding. Especially in the beginning when you're pretty much doing it constantly to get established. I remember having a rough time the first few weeks, but being so glad I stuck with it. You'll get it all figured out I'm sure :thumbsup2

2 Questions:

1) If you were told you had to close ALL of your CCs and could only hold ONE card...which card would you hold, and why?

2) Tell me about your favorite trip that churning has enabled. Where did you go? How did churning make it possible? etc...

Let's flood the thread with fun on topic comments that can encourage everybody during these tough times!!
1. It would be a toss up between BoA premium rewards and BoA cash rewards. I like the extra % I get with preferred status.
2. 2019 runDisney April trip. Everything was paid for with points, miles, and cash back. Hoping to do the same next year, possibly for marathon weekend assuming that still happens.

Not to get too personal, but that's great in theory, but hard when you're breastfeeding. Especially in the beginning when you're pretty much doing it constantly to get established. I remember having a rough time the first few weeks, but being so glad I stuck with it. You'll get it all figured out I'm sure :thumbsup2

This is so true. I remember with my first just bawling because nursing seemed to be the only thing that would make her not cry and I was just so exhausted. Poor DH woke up to both of us crying at 3 am many nights and I know he felt so helpless because there was nothing he could do. I am not going to lie, BFing was very hard for me. Nobody had told me that it could be challenging. I had only heard the rosy stories of how great it is. I am so glad I stuck it out, I did love it in the end. But it was not easy. Fast forward to baby #2. Easy Peasy. I thought because I just knew what to do and what to expect. Baby #3, more tears. Another difficult adjustment. All babies are built different.

And let me just say, back in the day, there was NOTHING on TV at 3 am. I think it could be easier to stay up with them with some Netflix going. lol

Check your SW flights, They just silently canceled my flights or something. I noticed the date was the 31st instead of the 30th. So I clicked on it and it says "We're sorry, this reservation has already been cancelled." Funny thing is tho when I check the 31st there are no 6AM flights that is shows in my dashboard page. So I guess this is the push I needed to just cancel the trip. They also have not refunded me the points.
I booked a flight to SLC yesterday, there were 6 options today there is only 1. I guess I'll be sticking with my Delta flight.

I booked a flight to SLC yesterday, there were 6 options today there is only 1. I guess I'll be sticking with my Delta flight.

Yeah, They are canceling flights faster than they can get people moved around it seems. My original flight is gone, now the flights they moved two of my trips to are not showing up and when I click the reservation I get an error so I have a feeling that will be moved again so I will have to call and just get them to give me my points back.

Have not backread yet....but if not mentioned the AMEX use a point 20% off promo is no longer dead on gift cards. Grabbed another Best Buy Gift Card and saved 20%....I will be ready for my Xbox Series X and Playstation 5 with all of the Best Buy cards I have grabbed from these promos. Not to mention I got targeted for the monthly utility offer 10% back promo on my Best Buy Card for the first quarter and will get $100 back in Rewards Certificates from that.

This is so true. I remember with my first just bawling because nursing seemed to be the only thing that would make her not cry and I was just so exhausted. Poor DH woke up to both of us crying at 3 am many nights and I know he felt so helpless because there was nothing he could do. I am not going to lie, BFing was very hard for me. Nobody had told me that it could be challenging. I had only heard the rosy stories of how great it is. I am so glad I stuck it out, I did love it in the end. But it was not easy. Fast forward to baby #2. Easy Peasy. I thought because I just knew what to do and what to expect. Baby #3, more tears. Another difficult adjustment. All babies are built different.

And let me just say, back in the day, there was NOTHING on TV at 3 am. I think it could be easier to stay up with them with some Netflix going. lol

Yeah, you're definitely not alone. I had no idea how hard it would be when I started. It was difficult and at times painful, but very worth it in the end!

2 Questions:

1) Hmmm. tough one.... a few months ago I would have said CSR no question.... as I like the redemption rate for hotels... but.... new AF is making me choose either CSP or CiP.... that way I still have access to my redemptions,even tho it's a bit more $$$
2) I have so many to choose from.... Hmmm. I think the trip to Maui was my peak fave (it's hard to choose!) Free flights cross country, free flights to/from LA-Maui, free hotel in LA,free week of hotel on Maui in the prettiest place I've ever been,swimming daily with my turtle Ohana on the beach..... I feel like nothing can ever top this for me,in terms of my own 'wow' factor.... It's one of those lifelist things I always felt like I would just never get to do,and then we did it! And all 4 of us too:love: I treasure those times.

I was up early this morning -- so got an early start to my morning workout (getting out before 6:45 also helps avoid 'crowds' on the sidewalks while running). Thought I'd share a picture of the 'super moon'. It was prettier at 6:00am, but I didn't think to get a picture. Please pardon the golf course in the foreground -- it's under renovation).

View attachment 486433
This is beautiful...I'm jealous!

The AF just posted on my CIP and I don't want to keep it. Can someone remind me if I can cancel the card through SM or if I need to call?

Also, I don't think it's possible to PC it to a personal card like the CF, but if it is please let me know.

Thanks in advance. :)
I was able to cancel mine last week via SM. I think call in times are super long. No, you can't change it to a personal card but you can change it to a CIC which is no AF.

Argh. Stupid IHG.....IDK if its just my browser with protector turned on but it 100% doesn't work...I tried with firefox browser,but even then I have to turn off my protector that's running.... and I do all that just to see my 1 night FNC is gone(exp. 3/21/20) and the new one is sitting there...I guess this means I'll have to call in now? I should be seeing two...since they extended them supposedly

My goal today is to get through to Chase travel and get them to cancel my flights from Vancouver to Reagan. If my cruise somehow goes, I'll rebook but fares are pretty cheap now. I'm holding onto my SW tickets from Reagan to Seattle. My UR balance should be about 340K--highest it's ever been:)

How did you like it there? I am looking at HHV as well as the Waikoloa one.
I really liked it. It was "busy", but we did head out and do something each day. We did not eat there, but did grab coffee a few times. We walked to Ala Moana Center one evening, I didn't think it was too far at all. Didn't care for the lagoon too much, but the pools and beach were great. There are at least 2 ABC stores right there at the hotel. I would definitely stay there again. I felt that I was walking around a Disney resort most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter