I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dh called Disney at 7 am and got right through to someone. The guy on the phone said we’re eligible to buy new APs but he isn’t able to do it for us. He had to fill out a form and send it to a different department that’s supposed to call us. I’m wondering how long that will take? I’m glad APs get a different pool of park reservations because May is starting to fill up for normal tickets. Having the AP will take a lot of pressure off our 2 days there. Instead of trying to go back to MK after ds’s nap we may just do 2 mornings and spend the rest of the day at the fort

Yes, because you can only hold either the CSP or CSR. The MDD gets you around that. (That is why your Premier was denied. You technically can only hold the Priority or Premier but the MDD allows you both.) So if your goal is both CSP and CSR then you will need to do a MDD.
Thanks! Somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I remembered a reason for using MDD on these cards. I did know the SW rule, but didn't remember the CSP/CSR rule. The SW card I have is a business card and I applied for a personal Premier. They said it was denied because of too many recent apps (rookie mistake not waiting 90 days apparently). Thanks again!

I just saw this offer for a referral on my Amex Plat. I don't know how to tell what is the offer the person receiving the card will get. Does Amex mind referrals to spouses?

You can earn: 30,000 Membership Rewards® points for each approved referral – up to 55,000 Membership Rewards® points per calendar year.
Limited Time Referral Offer
Refer A Friend to apply by 5/5. Once they’re approved, you can earn +4 Membership Rewards® points per dollar on your eligible purchases at the following select U.S. home furnishing stores, on up to $25,000 in combined purchases for three months: Anthropologie – Home & Furniture, Bed Bath & Beyond, CB2, Crate and Barrel, Crate and Kids, The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Terrain, and The Container Store. Terms apply.

I just saw this offer for a referral on my Amex Plat. I don't know how to tell what is the offer the person receiving the card will get. Does Amex mind referrals to spouses?

You can earn: 30,000 Membership Rewards® points for each approved referral – up to 55,000 Membership Rewards® points per calendar year.
Limited Time Referral Offer
Refer A Friend to apply by 5/5. Once they’re approved, you can earn +4 Membership Rewards® points per dollar on your eligible purchases at the following select U.S. home furnishing stores, on up to $25,000 in combined purchases for three months: Anthropologie – Home & Furniture, Bed Bath & Beyond, CB2, Crate and Barrel, Crate and Kids, The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Terrain, and The Container Store. Terms apply.

Support to spouse is fine. From your plat (or any non-cobranded Amex), you can support to any other Amex card, personal or business. The sign-up offer can differ if you use different browsers, different devices, incognito or not, with/without VPN, etc, and any combination thereof! So it's good to know what the best is at the time and hopefully find a combination that gets you that. What card were you thinking of getting?

Made back-up car rental reservations for our Kauai/Maui trip. Hertz was the cheapest, though of course way more than the Thrifty bookings I made last year. After I made the Hertz reservations, I realized that Thrifty is the same parent company. Is it even going to help if they run out of cars? Maybe they're even in the same office sharing the same parking lot? Then I went and made reservations with Enterprise. So now I have back-ups for the back-ups and I feel sufficiently paranoid. 😅

Support to spouse is fine. From your plat (or any non-cobranded Amex), you can support to any other Amex card, personal or business. The sign-up offer can differ if you use different browsers, different devices, incognito or not, with/without VPN, etc, and any combination thereof! So it's good to know what the best is at the time and hopefully find a combination that gets you that. What card were you thinking of getting?
I would like to get my husband the Amex Gold supported from my Plat. He doesn't have any Amex and I'm not sure that Amex likes him at all. I would love to get him a Plat but the annual fee is too steep and I don't want to cancel a card after one year. He's been out of Amex' good graces for almost 15 years so I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with them if they let him back in. I'd like to get him a Hilton after that for the ease of pooling points - hopefully.

I wish android would stop updating the software on my phone. Had another today with yet another "fix" that was unnecessary and I can't find a way to change it. This seems to be the pattern of their updates as all of the recent ones have changed something that didn't need to be changed. This one shows apparently we're lazy as when I go to switch to another open app it also gives me 5 icons at the bottom of my most used apps. Most of which are already open so...

Not an apple fan either but if they keep changing things I may have to see if samsung is doing the same as lg with these updates.

For those with an Ally savings account, did they do a hard pull? Trying to figure out if I need to unfreeze my credit reports. Dps seemed mixed, only that they don't use Chex. Want another place to plop my money as I decided not to prepay all/any of my estimated taxes due to more info from a tax person today.

I would like to get my husband the Amex Gold supported from my Plat. He doesn't have any Amex and I'm not sure that Amex likes him at all. I would love to get him a Plat but the annual fee is too steep and I don't want to cancel a card after one year. He's been out of Amex' good graces for almost 15 years so I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with them if they let him back in. I'd like to get him a Hilton after that for the ease of pooling points - hopefully.

The gold best should be 75k for $4000 spend, comes with the $200 home furnishings credit. Good luck!

Hello,
I am a dabbler in the SUB churning game.
I am currently looking for a new business card. I currently have Southwest Premier which I have had for 25 months and I just realized the annual fee will post tomorrow. I am contemplating applying for CIU today and calling to cancel the Southwest premier today to avoid the annual fee or will this raise flags?
My business is a sole proprietor with limited annual revenue (approximately $2500/year) but I do have good credit. Currently the Southwest Card is my only business card and I am 2/24 for my personal cards if that matters (but I didn’t think it did for business cards??)
Any thoughts or advice for me? Or am I already too late to avoid the annual fee that is hitting tomorrow?
Thanks again for the help.

I wish android would stop updating the software on my phone. Had another today with yet another "fix" that was unnecessary and I can't find a way to change it. This seems to be the pattern of their updates as all of the recent ones have changed something that didn't need to be changed. This one shows apparently we're lazy as when I go to switch to another open app it also gives me 5 icons at the bottom of my most used apps. Most of which are already open so...

Not an apple fan either but if they keep changing things I may have to see if samsung is doing the same as lg with these updates.

For those with an Ally savings account, did they do a hard pull? Trying to figure out if I need to unfreeze my credit reports. Dps seemed mixed, only that they don't use Chex. Want another place to plop my money as I decided not to prepay all/any of my estimated taxes due to more info from a tax person today.

Samsung asks if you want to do the update. Then if you don't do it they bug you with reminders.

Spent the afternoon sorting and shredding - old tax documents, credit card statements, investment account stuff, etc. I saved every paper credit card statement for YEARS, and had tax stuff going back over 20 years. So glad I am on paperless for most of my accounts now! I feel like we are making progress with packing and cleaning, moving van comes next Weds.

Finished the MSR on DH's CIC and got the 75,000 UR's. The move will take care of the BOA biz MSR. Wish I had another MSR to work on, but it's too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter