I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will just get 30 credits for the year same as last year for 1 personal and 1 business credit card, but they are also doing the thing where they awarded more credits for your status level so as gold you should get an additional 13, putting you at 43 plus whatever night credits you have/get from stays.

Marriott 2021 Changes (50% Elite Night Credits, Lower Awards & More) - Doctor Of Credit

editing to add: because of the status credit, those of us who made Platinum in 2020 will automatically have it for 2022 as well, up to Feb 2023. And, will only need 20 nights to get to Titanium in 2021. There are double night credits starting in february so if someone can get 10 nights in stays = titanium.

That's where I am confused. Does the 30 nights automatically apply beginning of the year? (not when annual fee is due). And if I have 3 Marriot Cards - would I get get 45 points or is it still 30?

Got to enjoy Disney hold music for 2 hours last night... Apparently when we ordered our tickets a little over a week ago somebody "forgot to check a box" and so they never shipped... I'm really glad that I called to follow up! I assume it's an isolated issue but wow, that's pretty terrible that my tickets would've just never shipped. I enjoyed the hold music the first time through...but listening to each song a second time was a little frustrating, haha!

We ordered hard tickets (not email) because 2 of us do not have a magic band right now and I don't want to chance getting stuck in a will call line when we already only have 3-4 hours of time to see Epcot on arrival day (our only day in that park). Of course then I found a deal on magic bands on Shop Disney and ordered them for $5 a piece...

Nonetheless, our trip is still a go, less than 2 weeks now. Flights are all situated, Limo is confirmed, Dining is booked, And I just got a UPS notification that tickets are arriving Friday!

I got the news yesterday that my 30pt DVC contract to add on at Boardwalk passed ROFR. I am so happy! I put a $2500 deposit on my new Amex Plat without really thinking what would happen if I didn’t pass and got the deposit back.

Very excited to have some Boardwalk points to use when RunDisney weekends return, but not happy to get the news the same day they announce no ME. I bought these points mostly for older DD and myself to do girls weekend without DH and the little kids and ME was a big part of that for us.
Congrats on the add on...we also own BWV and love it

Finally found where the letter posted for DH's Ink Biz denial. For some reason it posted to his personal account instead of his business login. Denial is based on age of business (7 years of rental income) and credit score (which it lists as 860/900 Experion).

If I had found this sooner, I probably would have had him call. At this point, we've already paid the taxes and insurance I was planning to put on it and I don't want to deal with a 15k msr. I don't suppose we could call recon after 27 days and request a different card? He's never had a CIU. Probably better to apply again after 30 days, or wait 60? We aren't really in a rush. I've gotten the "we need more info" before but never a full denial on Biz. Is it even worth calling?

Feel like I messed up on that one, but at least I learned where to find the letter next time instead of waiting for it in the mail.
They wouldn’t let you request the CIU....wait at least 31 days and do a new application for it.
May also want to change the business type from rental income....on reddit it seems to cause a lot of denials...maybe due to COVID and many states not requiring rent payments right now ....who knows

Last edited:
That's where I am confused. Does the 30 nights automatically apply beginning of the year? (not when annual fee is due). And if I have 3 Marriot Cards - would I get get 45 points or is it still 30?

It is 30 total - 15 for a business card and 15 for a personal card.

I have 5 cards - 2 from Chase and 3 from Amex. Still just 30 nights. And it has posted already to my account, around the first of the year.

The night credits follow a calendar year cycle.

Your status follows a slightly different cycle. Starting with when you achieve status (say for me 2020, then full year 2021, and ends in Feb of 2022. So you earn your status with nights and from a credit card or two. You can have gold status and less than the gold credits, if you only have one card.

Aside from that status is given as a credit card perk from the Brilliant card = gold. I mention the brilliant as it is the highest status given by a Marriott card.

Have you already received your 30 credits?

Congrats on the BWV add on! It's my home, and I love it, and the magic is still there for me :-)

I got credits this morning on my Delta pers and dh Delta biz, of $50 and $75, as the one time courtesy for the annual fees. I am surprised I got them, as I downgraded both cards when the fees came due, so this covered half of my fee now, instead of 20% of it, and covered all of the fee on dh biz card. Thanks Amex :-)

I got a random Hyatt credit on my account of $53 and change with no explanation.
Any ideas why?
Had not used the card in over a year but did pay my annual fee two months ago.

It is 30 total - 15 for a business card and 15 for a personal card.

I have 5 cards - 2 from Chase and 3 from Amex. Still just 30 nights. And it has posted already to my account, around the first of the year.

The night credits follow a calendar year cycle.

Your status follows a slightly different cycle. Starting with when you achieve status (say for me 2020, then full year 2021, and ends in Feb of 2022. So you earn your status with nights and from a credit card or two. You can have gold status and less than the gold credits, if you only have one card.

Aside from that status is given as a credit card perk from the Brilliant card = gold. I mention the brilliant as it is the highest status given by a Marriott card.

Have you already received your 30 credits?

Thanks. Yes I have the 30 credits but nothing else yet. Was hoping it was 15 for each card plus the bonus nights that would be get to Platinum and worth keeping all the cards. Now I need to reevaluate if it makes sense.

I got a random Hyatt credit on my account of $53 and change with no explanation.
Any ideas why?
I saw something about Hyatt card AF refunds on DoC. It’s regarding the announced conversion of the legacy cards to World of Hyatt cards.

Thanks. Yes I have the 30 credits but nothing else yet. Was hoping it was 15 for each card plus the bonus nights that would be get to Platinum and worth keeping all the cards. Now I need to reevaluate if it makes sense.

According to Doctor Of Credit, you should get 13 for Gold added so you will have 43 at that point. Plus Feb to April double credit for stays.

Any ideas why?

I posted about getting $50 yesterday. If you have the older Hyatt card ($75 annual fee) they are changing those cards to the new World of Hyatt card, which will have a $95 annual fee.

I posted about getting $50 yesterday. If you have the older Hyatt card ($75 annual fee) they are changing those cards to the new World of Hyatt card, which will have a $95 annual fee.

I did not receive any emails from chase about this.
When is the new fee going to post?
On the usual anniversary date?

Kind of torn on cancelling the card.
Still have free nights on the account but if we don't get to travel this year, it is just more waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter