I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not be in Northern MI this summer, but SE MI, everything is open. Only issue is NO STAFF! My dad went into BWW the other night it was empty but an hour wait because they had 1 cook and 1 waitress. Tonight I saw Chili's was closed at 8pm. I know they no longer open for lunch. Some places close early, some open late, etc. Shockingly, Gretch has been kinda MIA since June when the entire country opened up. You'll wanna check hours but everything is open (well that hasn't closed permanently)

yeah, a lot of places are very short staffed... went to pick up food today, did curbside pick up, the app says your food will be out shortly. waited 10 mins... nothing... went inside to see a manager just sitting there, said short staffed, no runner...

not sure why they dont just place a sign outside saying no curbside, please see takeout desk though...

yeah, a lot of places are very short staffed... went to pick up food today, did curbside pick up, the app says your food will be out shortly. waited 10 mins... nothing... went inside to see a manager just sitting there, said short staffed, no runner...

not sure why they dont just place a sign outside saying no curbside, please see takeout desk though...

It seems like everywhere I go has a sign and/or table out saying they are hiring. Lots of posts on fb too.

Short trip planned for Labor Day week. I cut this down from 7 days to just 3. Drive to Frankenmuth for one night, 2 nights in Traverse City (visit Sleeping Bear Dunes). What is it like in Michigan right now? I am planning on take out food for the most part. Are restaurants open? Thanks.
My parents live in Petoskey. Things are very open up there but hours can be weird (like closed on a random day) because of staffing. And typically it gets much worse by the end of August.

My parents live in Petoskey. Things are very open up there but hours can be weird (like closed on a random day) because of staffing. And typically it gets much worse by the end of August.

End of august kids head back to their schools and college kids are ready to leave also.

Compound that with who wants to work in any kind of service related field these days?

Oh and in some cases such as nearby here in Ocean City, Maryland, the supply of European student labor dried up with border closures. That may just be an East Coast thing but the seasonal resorts depended on the Memorial Day to Labor Day influx of college students from a lot of countries. Our local students aren't attracted to that work, as they can get all sorts of jobs nearby and live at home.

Last edited:
End of august kids head back to their schools and college kids are ready to leave also.

Compound that with who wants to work in any kind of service related field these days?

Oh and in some cases such as nearby here in Ocean City, Maryland, the supply of European student labor dried up with border closures. That may just be an East Coast thing but the seasonal resorts depended on the Memorial Day to Labor Day influx of college students from a lot of countries. Our local students aren't attracted to that work, as they can get all sorts of jobs nearby and live at home.
Yep. I typically visit them the week before Labor Day but because DD started college we pushed that to end of June. But in normal years, by the time I got up there a lot of things were already not open regular hours (e.g., they have a beach where you can borrow paddle boats, paddle boards, kayaks, etc. and usually that was barely open by the end of August even though the weather is still great).And Northern Michigan also depends on workers with seasonal visas for its hotels and resorts and because of COVID I think that didn't happen like it usually does (there had been issues before COVID too because of Visa issues under the previous administration). I'm starting to wonder if things will ever get back to normal.

Almost every store/restaurant here in Wichita (KS) have signs up that they're hiring also. We even went to eat at a restaurant that had a sign stating to the effect of "Please be nice to the workers who are here because at least they're here willing to work." I'm sure some of it is the time if year with students going back to school, but it's pretty much been the same way all summer. It's really been hard on all businesses, especially small businesses.

We were just at OCMD. I tried to take my great niece to the rides on the Inlet and it was just jam packed as was the boardwalk. Thank goodness she was tired and opted to go to the rental house after we walked the boardwalk for a bit.

I have serval SW cards taking the advice from this site.

I am now needing Delta miles. Any current recommendations?

TIA

For those with pups… I tried the farmers dog food subscription using a $25 offer I had on the CSP. I wound up cancelling, and so for the trial (14 days of food) I paid a whopping $2.58. I absolutely love how everything was packaged, the detail, etc. although without any offer, it’s quite pricey. I had 60% off my trial, plus the $25 on CSP so it worked out for me. But my older dog is so stinking picky that he didn’t even get excited about farmers dog! He’ll eat it if it’s the only thing left in his bowl at the end of the night and he hasn’t eaten that day yet. But he also refuses to eat the same thing several times in a row. He’ll just leave his food untouched for like 2 days cuz he’s tired of it. -_- That’s how he is with everything. I’m beginning to think he just holds out to see if he’s offered any human food that he likes better, lol. Unfortunately, DH has spoiled him in that regard. My younger boy, however, will eat dirt. You could literally put a piece of dirt in his dish and he’ll eat it! It is such a change from having a picky dog. I love that about him haha.

Does anyone remember, does Chase IHG give offers on AUs? I feel like I got my 16yo her card originally when they had an offer for AUs.

Do any other Chase cards have offers for adding an AU? I need to start getting my 12yo some cards in his name. I know I just got $50 for adding my 16yo on my Discover.

Just trying to decide what cards to add them on and which to wait for an offer.

DOLPHIN! It's such a great place to stay....the Reserve looks ok, but def farther away from 'the loop' of activity around the boardwalk area,which IMHO is part of the charm of being there!
This is true but many things still closed. Who knows if they will open for anniversary but stayed at Swan a few weeks ago and disappointed at what was open. For Swolphin, Picabu was open random hours as was Fountain. Their lobby places like Chill and Java were not even open the listed times.

For those with pups… I tried the farmers dog food subscription using a $25 offer I had on the CSP. I wound up cancelling, and so for the trial (14 days of food) I paid a whopping $2.58. I absolutely love how everything was packaged, the detail, etc. although without any offer, it’s quite pricey. I had 60% off my trial, plus the $25 on CSP so it worked out for me. But my older dog is so stinking picky that he didn’t even get excited about farmers dog! He’ll eat it if it’s the only thing left in his bowl at the end of the night and he hasn’t eaten that day yet. But he also refuses to eat the same thing several times in a row. He’ll just leave his food untouched for like 2 days cuz he’s tired of it. -_- That’s how he is with everything. I’m beginning to think he just holds out to see if he’s offered any human food that he likes better, lol. Unfortunately, DH has spoiled him in that regard. My younger boy, however, will eat dirt. You could literally put a piece of dirt in his dish and he’ll eat it! It is such a change from having a picky dog. I love that about him haha.
What type of food is the package? Puggles typically gets an egg, turkey or chicken and a big scoop of peanut butter for breakfast and lunch and dinner is green beans, sweet potatoes and chicken or dog food chicken stew. He has dry food he gets sometimes although it typically sits in the bowl.

What type of food is the package? Puggles typically gets an egg, turkey or chicken and a big scoop of peanut butter for breakfast and lunch and dinner is green beans, sweet potatoes and chicken or dog food chicken stew. He has dry food he gets sometimes although it typically sits in the bowl.
They have 4 recipes… turkey, pork, beef or chicken. They’re all mixed with things like sweet potato, green beans, chick peas, black beans, etc. The ingredients are all really good. And they package/formulate it based on information you input on your dog, size/weight, activity level and any allergies. My older dog is just super picky but the younger one drools so much over it 🤣 it was definitely worth it at least for the trial price I paid!! For $2.58 I couldn’t even buy the cheapest kibble lol. If you have the offer on a chase card, I’d go for it! It was super easy to cancel online too. No need to call/contact anyone which I love.

I (p2) just went for the CIC with my (p1) support link. Got the "we need more time" message. Any idea how long they are taking on those these days? Is there an actual working phone status number? I found one on google, but it told me to press zero to speak to an operator to discuss application status. Um, no, hung up.

I (p2) just went for the CIC with my (p1) support link. Got the "we need more time" message. Any idea how long they are taking on those these days? Is there an actual working phone status number? I found one on google, but it told me to press zero to speak to an operator to discuss application status. Um, no, hung up.
I have had them approved anywhere from the next day to 10 days later…thought for sure that one was not going to be approved.
Sorry no info on a good number to call

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter