• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent some time today spending points. Not sure if either of the trips will happen, but hotel and flights are booked, majority on points. With some research I was able to use both of my Marriott certificates which will expire this summer. Marriott has made it much harder to use their points IMO. Previously felt I could get a lot from my Marriott certs and points and at least with these trips I could not. I continue to love hyatt, but their foot print is limited. I finally found a hilton redemption that optimized my points.

I need to spend some time on my taxes, as well as a better plan for credit cards for the year. I will continue to do bank bonuses as I can, although the one current one pushed my patience limits and took me almost the full month to get all the money transferred.

Anyone recommend and good Marriotts in Atlanta for GA Tech visit in mid-March? There's a Courtyard and a Residence Inn Midtown with okay reviews. There's Twelve Downtown (Autograph) a little farther from campus. Then some nice options in Buckhead. I figure we can use Uber. Want to add in a trip to the aquarium. I have a 35k and a 50k certificate and oodles of points.
I can't comment on the hotels but I got my Masters from GT. I LOVED living in Atlanta - one year in the dorms, one year in an apartment just off campus although when we visited a couple of years ago to show my kids, I barely recognized the campus. Congrats to your daughter - it was an amazing place to go to school.

Define 'wide'. On my screen - the headlines on the right side take up a little less than 20% of my screen width. Can't say I have ever considered it a problem.
Ok.....I switched back to my (old,ancient elderly) macbook.... on this I have nothing on the right side, the thread is the entire width of the page....on the pc, depending on the size of the zoom, it's either 1/4 of the page,could be more. to get rid of it I have to zoom to about 200% which I can't do bc then the text is huge :headache: first world problems I know. I've decided to keep on using my old mac for everyday personal stuff,and just use that pc (which I don't like very much) for zoom etc (and things that require a fully working computer). My situation is this- the macbook is at least 10,but I love it. The pc laptop was free form DH's job,and it's strange transition to go to a windows application.

I have a question about how to properly close a bank account. I was thinking I would pay the remaining balance to a credit card account and then immediately contact the bank and tell them I want to close the account. For some reason, it concerns me to payout the entire amount resulting in a zero balance. Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this? Is there a better way to close an account?

Was just approved for the CIU with a $3K credit limit.

I have a few large purchases that I want to put towards the $7.5K MSR, but the $3K credit limit makes things a bit difficult. Is it ok for me to make a $2500 purchase, pay it off before the statement closes, and then put another $2500 on the card all within the first billing cycle?

If the most I can charge is $3K per month then I would only be able to meet the MSR in the 3rd month which is right before the deadline. I would rather not cut it that close, plus I'd like to get the points sooner.

Thanks for your help!

I have a few large purchases that I want to put towards the $7.5K MSR, but the $3K credit limit makes things a bit difficult. Is it ok for me to make a $2500 purchase, pay it off before the statement closes, and then put another $2500 on the card all within the first billing cycle?

If the most I can charge is $3K per month then I would only be able to meet the MSR in the 3rd month which is right before the deadline. I would rather not cut it that close, plus I'd like to get the points sooner.

Thanks for your help!
My understanding is credit cycling is frowned upon. I do it occasionally and you probably can do it once without a problem. And I wouldn't really worry about cutting it close. You should be able to easily do this without cycling or cutting it close.

Thanks for your help!
Congratulations on the new card!

If you have other Chase cards, you can SM Chase to move credit from another card to the CIU. I have read on this thread that banks don't generally like when customers 'cycle' credit on their cards (spending, paying off, spending more).

Thanks for your help!
I did it with my new CIU just last month. I forgot I had a tiny $3k CL and try to buy Disney tickets and the card was declined. I paid the card off and made the purchase the following day. I just don’t think it is something you want to do on a regular basis.

Congratulations on the new card!

If you have other Chase cards, you can SM Chase to move credit from another card to the CIU. I have read on this thread that banks don't generally like when customers 'cycle' credit on their cards (spending, paying off, spending more).

Thanks for the response. That is a good idea. I have a CIP that I can ask to move some credit from. It's odd that they are only approving such small credit limits when they know people need to spend a lot to get the bonus.

DH was approved for the Jet Blue Business card today with a 12,000 limit. He applied Saturday and it went pending. This morning he got the approval email. I now need to learn about flying Jet Blue, I know we'll need to fly from O'Hare vs our local airport but other than that I'm pretty clueless!

I messaged about a retention offer for my Gold Amex Delta Business card today. The rep told me that there would be some added value offers released February 1st and I should wait to see what they are. I'm going to wait before I cancel.

I have a question about how to properly close a bank account. I was thinking I would pay the remaining balance to a credit card account and then immediately contact the bank and tell them I want to close the account. For some reason, it concerns me to payout the entire amount resulting in a zero balance. Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this? Is there a better way to close an account?
I usually do an ach transfer out to another bank and then call to close the account right away. I've also closed accounts with small balances over the phone and had them send me a check.

DH was approved for the Jet Blue Business card today with a 12,000 limit. He applied Saturday and it went pending. This morning he got the approval email. I now need to learn about flying Jet Blue, I know we'll need to fly from O'Hare vs our local airport but other than that I'm pretty clueless!

I messaged about a retention offer for my Gold Amex Delta Business card today. The rep told me that there would be some added value offers released February 1st and I should wait to see what they are. I'm going to wait before I cancel.
Jet Blue is pretty limited for us in the Midwest unfortunately!

Looking forward to the Feb 1 announcement with Amex. Hoping they offer something for the resort credit on the Hilton Aspire. It would be great if the cobranded cards got some additional perks like the Plat.

Thanks for your help!
Congrats party: Do you have any other Chase business cards you could move CL from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter