• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not what you want to hear, but if he's not comfortable going to MK you should skip it. You guys haven't really been going anywhere so it's like going from 10 mph to 100 mph. MK will still be there when you're both comfortable going. People's stress and anxiety are up from this, even those that never really had it. It's not the time to convince someone to be comfortable with something. My Garmin has gone off for abnormal high heart rate at the grocery store and when I've had to go into the office a couple of times. If you leave the zoo or park because it's too busy, MK needs to be skipped there's no escape from people there.
I agree with this. We all have different tolerances and I'm not sure it would be fun if he'll be so stressed. I have major anxiety issues but thankfully travel doesn't trigger them right now. But I know my limits and play the movie in my head.

Hmmmm, I've got an account for each of us - technically, I think I myself have 2, we even both may have 2 🙃 but all of the emails were pretty different. I think I opened us each one years ago when I started doing credit cards, and then opened us each one months apart last year to start doing MRs instead of cashback.
Thanks. I want to reply and tell them that it's two separate people, but I want to be sure that's allowed first.

Probably not what you want to hear, but if he's not comfortable going to MK you should skip it. You guys haven't really been going anywhere so it's like going from 10 mph to 100 mph. MK will still be there when you're both comfortable going. People's stress and anxiety are up from this, even those that never really had it. It's not the time to convince someone to be comfortable with something. My Garmin has gone off for abnormal high heart rate at the grocery store and when I've had to go into the office a couple of times. If you leave the zoo or park because it's too busy, MK needs to be skipped there's no escape from people there.
I appreciate your honesty. As it gets closer I think we will make that decision. I fully respect Dh and his concerns so if he absolutely doesn’t want to go I won’t force it

1 For me I’ve used PYB on every eligible purchase since it started. But I only use my URs to book hotels through the Chase travel portal so I’m getting the same 1.5 value using PYB.
So it depends on what you are saving them for and the value you’d get from them...if it’s not over 1.5 I’d cash out whatever you can with PYB
2 I would keep them on the PCd CSR
3 since you can store your URs on any of your cards I wouldn’t PC to the CIP and pay that AF
thank you.... auxiliary question...:) say I used up all the PYB credits I could right now...(balance owed is $0) and then PC'd.... those credits would still be sitting there on my acct as a negative balance,right?( and then spend as usual on PC card)

Last edited:

I know there's been a lot of talk on here about being careful with new account when refinancing. DH and I are going to be building a house, so will be taking out a loan for that. We haven't even done any paperwork with the bank yet, but I imagine will be submitting it in the next couple of weeks. with building, it's my understanding that the loan won't really finalize until the home is complete which will be months from now. They are estimating it will be finished 6 or so months after construction begins.

Would it be the recommendation to not do any new credit cards until loan is completely finalized, or just through pre-approval? That is so long!! Could we still do business cards in that time period? Also, what about bank bonuses. They seem innocent enough, but I really don't want to explain why we have 10 checking accounts open :rotfl2:. Seems normal to me, but maybe not to a banker. But, I don't even know if they care / look at that.

I am going through a refinance right now. My loan officer said not to do anything between the hard credit pull when you lock in the rate and closing. He said the underwriter will not want to see any new accounts or balances when they do a soft pull right before closing. I am not sure when these events will happen with building the house.

My understanding from the very light research I did when we debated building ourselves, is that you'll take a construction loan now and then after the house is built convert it to a mortgage - essentially taking a new loan.

This was my understanding when we looked into building a house in 2015. So you would lock in and close on the construction loan, then lock in and close on the final mortgage when the construction is complete.

In the end, you can ask your loan officer and just be ready to pay off any balances at closing that the underwriter doesn't like.

Regarding the many accounts, it will just be more work on your part to show statements for each account. If you have online access to pdf statements it shouldn't be too rough.

Nothing to strike terror into your day, like seeing an envelope from the IRS in your informed delivery!! Now I am totally freaked out, and our mail doesn't come until late afternoon. I cannot even imagine what could be wrong. I have claimed every tax form I ever got, with no adjustments.

Also, with Rakuten, can you only have one account per household or can each spouse have one? In the terms it says you must sign up with an email, and only one per person. I signed up P2 with an email similar to mine, but a different email, and they emailed his email that I used saying that he can't have two accounts, and they need to merge them.

Portillos finally posted to my card, now to see how long Amex takes to give me the $10 credit.

Did you get your letter from the IRS stating you should have received your second stimulus payment for x amount? I received one recently, I think they are sending them out to confirm people have received their second payments, since so many are direct deposited.

I'm looking at retrying a spring break trip canceled last year to visit school campuses (self-guided) in the Philly/Baltimore area for my HS junior year DD, and using the weekends to see areas we've never been to before. I'm confused about tolls in a rental car, has anyone done this? Autoslash had an article suggesting buying a EZ Pass transponder from MA (I guess there's no fees for purchase in that state) but I'm not 100% sure this trip is going to happen especially since PA has a requirement for a negative covid test within 72 hours of entry though I don't know how this is enforced. We're flying into PHL, and quarantining for 10 days would negate the purpose of the trip. And is this far enough in advance to get one mailed to me anyway? We have some toll roads in CO, but not many, and I don't use them.

The toll route in particular that would save me a lot of time driving is going from UMD-College Park to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort which is what I've planned for the tail end of our trip to relax. We'll be flying out of BWI.

Any input is appreciated!

thank you.... auxiliary question...:) say I used up all the PYB credits I could right now...(balance owed is $0) and then PC'd.... those credits would still be sitting there on my acct as a negative balance,right?( and then spend as usual on PC card)
When PYB started last year I used it and had a large credit balance...I then SM’d Chase and asked them to send me a check...they did without any issues

The toll route in particular that would save me a lot of time driving is going from UMD-College Park to Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort which is what I've planned for the tail end of our trip to relax.
I was planning a stay there should our May WDW trip gets cancelled. Please let me know what you think! It looks amazing and read its a great value for the points! Very interested to hear a review!

Just wanted to thanks everyone for all the Costa Rica tips. I have decided to replicate the itinerary that @CyndiLouWho posted with a some modifications. DH loves to drive so we'll be getting a rental car - need to do more research on that. Since we are going during spring break I need to stay on top of making reservations. I already have Hyatt Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo booked for 3 nights, the itinerary calls for 2 nights in that area but I would love to add a rest day - it will all come down to flights schedules.

Can someone recommend a hotel near Manuel Antonio National Park entrance?

Hotel Costa Verde!! Very cool hotel, stayed here in 2012 and LOVED it. Monkeys right outside the bungalow and all that. No points option that I'm aware of, but reasonable OOP rates.

When PYB started last year I used it and had a large credit balance...I then SM’d Chase and asked them to send me a check...they did without any issues
awesome thanks...and I just realized (duh) that I can use PYB on one of my lesser cards at 1.25 so I can still utilize that in the interim between new card/travel etc.

Last edited:
@snugglebug - hoping you still have some power!

We haven't heard from you since Tuesday.

Edit: reading the news San Antonio area had 300K outages yesterday but many have been restored this morning.

Not snugglebug but I’m in Houston. At one point 60% of the city was without power. Most of us still don’t have water. We got power back last night at 1 am after being out since Monday morning. We went to BIL’s Tuesday to try and warm up and then the power went out there too 😂😭 It ending up being 65 hours or so without. Still no water but we slept warm and have Internet and fully charged devices again! We are hoping it sticks and that Austin, DFW, and San Antonio warm up soon so they don’t have to deal with ice/snow on top of everything else.

Just wanted to thanks everyone for all the Costa Rica tips. I have decided to replicate the itinerary that @CyndiLouWho posted with a some modifications. DH loves to drive so we'll be getting a rental car - need to do more research on that. Since we are going during spring break I need to stay on top of making reservations. I already have Hyatt Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo booked for 3 nights, the itinerary calls for 2 nights in that area but I would love to add a rest day - it will all come down to flights schedules.

Can someone recommend a hotel near Manuel Antonio National Park entrance?

We didn’t stay in Manuela Antonio, but we loved our air bnb in La Fortuna - it’s called Casa Del Rio. The grounds are beautiful, it’s quiet and secluded but really close to town, the hot tub and water slide area was so much fun and the pool was great also.

I may have cracked last week after shoveling too much snow. We are enjoying the warm sunshine and don’t want to go back. Bought tickets on Thursday for a Sunday morning flight. It wasn’t nonstop unfortunately and both flights were 100% full. That has been only time I haven’t been comfortable the whole trip. We already got an email saying our flight home will be full too. I was only able to get this (The Confidante Hyatt) on points Monday - Thursday so we did a HP near Miami airport first night. Highly do not recommend that one. Lol. We are heading to Hyatt Centric FLL in a bit and will fly out of FLL on Saturday. I think I’m going to do a mini 2 night run in Pittsburgh on way home to bring us to 30 nights. Also we got Hyatt brands #5 and #6 this trip! So a completely free trip that will earn 2 more free nights!

Full flights still spook me, even though I believe there is little evidence of in-flight transmission.

Can I ask what it was about the HP near the airport that you didn't like - I was contemplating staying there for a pre-cruise night later this year (if it happens).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter