• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OM/OD Gift Card Sale starts today. This is my personal favorite. A money maker especially when stacked with Dosh

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/offi...-giftcards-get-15-instant-discount-4-11-4-17/
Staples also having one. This one is only $5 off activation fee. I’m going to pass.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/stap...-200-visa-gift-cards-4-11-21-4-17-21-limit-5/
My Dosh has not credited for the last three transactions. So it may be YMMV:(
And I'm also passing on Staples this round.

My Dosh has not credited for the last three transactions. So it may be YMMV:(
Hmmm...well that’s unfortunate. It’s been months since I’ve made a purchase so that’s good to know. I appreciate you letting me know. I’ll keep you posted.

I would value the SW points over the Disney dollars, but that is how my mind works. A strict mathematical analysis seems to bear this out. Most SW flights are points bookable at 76 points per dollar of cash price, or 1.3 cpp. The Disney dollars are of course 1cpp.

I keep all of the agreements and T&Cs just so that I have what it was when I signed up and agreed to it. If I were to go back now and try to find out what the MR earning structure was when I signed up for the PGR to compare it to what the Gold card has now would be very difficult.
Southwest really did change the airline business, didn't it?

Southwest really did change the airline business, didn't it?
My relationship with them seems to be cyclical. Some years I love them and want to take them everywhere, others I can barely stand them and want nothing to do with them. This year I seem to merely accept them. I'm probably going to be flying twice this year, once on SW and once on Delta. In order to fly on SW at a decent price I'm driving 175 miles and getting a hotel the night before, which I'm willing to do since I'm going to have the wife and kids with so the savings are worthwhile. In OCT I'm flying Delta from my local airport that's 20 miles away, and since it's just me I think that is worth the extra $30.

My turn for travel issues. My flight this evening was cancelled earlier today. Unfortunately, I booked it with my Platinum credit. Looks like the travel insurance will only work for round trip! Does anyone have any experience with Platinum and one way tickets? I did pay my DH’s companion ticket $5.60 with his CSR. I’m just nervous about getting the flight cancellation proof from SWA because I had to cancel his flight to be able to rebook mine. It would be nice to have insurance coverage for rental car and meals.

My relationship with them seems to be cyclical. Some years I love them and want to take them everywhere, others I can barely stand them and want nothing to do with them. This year I seem to merely accept them. I'm probably going to be flying twice this year, once on SW and once on Delta. In order to fly on SW at a decent price I'm driving 175 miles and getting a hotel the night before, which I'm willing to do since I'm going to have the wife and kids with so the savings are worthwhile. In OCT I'm flying Delta from my local airport that's 20 miles away, and since it's just me I think that is worth the extra $30.
Well....I seem to carry so much in plastic cards these days that they are getting to be a nuisance....

Is there a link yet to support the United Quest card? Thanks for any help.😊

google "r-word chase catch all" should pull up a site to input your last name, zip code and last 4 of your united quest card and see if anything pops up.

google "r-word chase catch all" should pull up a site to input your last name, zip code and last 4 of your united quest card and see if anything pops up.
The United quest card is brand new. I don’t have a United card yet but very interested in getting one.

My turn for travel issues. My flight this evening was cancelled earlier today. Unfortunately, I booked it with my Platinum credit. Looks like the travel insurance will only work for round trip! Does anyone have any experience with Platinum and one way tickets? I did pay my DH’s companion ticket $5.60 with his CSR. I’m just nervous about getting the flight cancellation proof from SWA because I had to cancel his flight to be able to rebook mine. It would be nice to have insurance coverage for rental car and meals.
I don't have any experience with one way tickets booked with AmEx platinum, but I would recommend that you call their 1-800 number and ask what you need to file a claim. The one and only claim travel claim that I filed with AmEx plat (on dh's card at the time) was for lost / stolen baggage and they were amazing to deal with from start to finish.

I don't have any experience with one way tickets booked with AmEx platinum, but I would recommend that you call their 1-800 number and ask what you need to file a claim. The one and only claim travel claim that I filed with AmEx plat (on dh's card at the time) was for lost / stolen baggage and they were amazing to deal with from start to finish.
Nobody to talk to tonight. I guess I’ll have to wait until the morning. Tried calling early but gave up after about an hour hold.

Thank you so much for the replies! I worked a couple of night shifts and didn’t log back on to answer the responses.

This might be an elementary question, but if I currently have Chase Freedom Unlimited with points on it, when I get the CSR, I can transfer my points over and use them for a pay yourself back credit immediately, correct?

edited to add - I hit reply too quick:
I’m purchasing a countertop soon from Lowe’s Hardware. I planned to use my current points for it, but now I’m wondering if I can get the extra discount with the Pay Yourself Back feature!

Thank you so much for the replies! I worked a couple of night shifts and didn’t log back on to answer the responses.

This might be an elementary question, but if I currently have Chase Freedom Unlimited with points on it, when I get the CSR, I can transfer my points over and use them for a pay yourself back credit immediately, correct?

edited to add - I hit reply too quick:
I’m purchasing a countertop soon from Lowe’s Hardware. I planned to use my current points for it, but now I’m wondering if I can get the extra discount with the Pay Yourself Back feature!
Yeah, you can transfer URs from CFU to CSR. Then when you purchase from Home Improvement (or grocery) stores you can spend your URs to PYB.

ETA: But I'm not sure about extra discounts on top of that? There's the 1% reward earned.

I don't even bother looking at them. I can fly most places I want to go via DL or AS non stop fron SEA where with SW I'd have to change planes at least once. And for the short hops to CA I can still fly one of those two on miles or a good rate so they don't even exist in my world. Last time I flew them was because I was flying home with a friend from MCO but we both wanted window seats so we didn't even sit together. I was so annoyed I had to change planes in MKE when I could have done the non stop on AS. Mind you the seating arrangement wasn't discussed until we got to the airport and she had better boarding than I did. Bit par for the course with our friendship. I'd have sat on the aisle and someone between us but I was so annoyed I didn't care.

Yeah, you can transfer URs from CFU to CSR. Then when you purchase from Home Improvement (or grocery) stores you can spend your URs to PYB.
Thank you! And thank you for your early reply a couple of days ago. 🙂 You all are a wealth of knowledge. I’m really excited to start using points more efficiently. For the past 5 years, all I’ve done is build up points slowly on purchases - also great, but definitely not AS great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter