I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tfw the IRS is weeks behind on processing tax refunds and you have to decide between cashing out some mutual funds or incurring interest charges. I've never paid a dime in interest and I don't plan to start now. I usually keep about $15,000 liquid but I did some late IRA and HSA investing to get under some of the stimulus thresholds, so I'm running very lean on cash. Annoyed.
The IRS is more than weeks behind. I filed paper last year (long story) and in January they sent me a notice saying I had a credit, in the amount of the check I sent last year, and no return filed. The credit would not be held and they would keep the money if I didn’t send my return. Upon calling I was told essentially they were kidding bc they did have my return and they would hold my money until my return was processed. They have not processed my return from March 2021. They told me to give them 16 more weeks. This year I efiled but return was rejected because last year’s AGI could not be verified because of course they have not processed last year’s return.

Well seems AA has changed my June flights. The flights out I have to take the early flight. GRRR. Which gets me there earlier. But my flight back is now earlier = less beach time :( And a 3 hour layover in CLT now. Sadly it looks like AA changed to less flight options for the summer. So my options are to leave at 5am or noon to come back home.

Well seems AA has changed my June flights. The flights out I have to take the early flight. GRRR. Which gets me there earlier. But my flight back is now earlier = less beach time :( And a 3 hour layover in CLT now. Sadly it looks like AA changed to less flight options for the summer. So my options are to leave at 5am or noon to come back home.
JetBlue did this too for my flight to dc ended up booking the mco hyatt vs missing most of the day (they put me on a 7am flight vs 930 i don't do morning flights too well lol)

Sad news... we had to put down Charlie, our golden retriever on Saturday. He was only 10. Thought we would have more years with him. He was acting off, so we took him to the vet. They did some tests and called back and wanted to do more tests and an ultrasound. Found out on Thursday he had a large tumor and cancer and bleeding internally. We were shocked.

DD20 came home from college (she was so attached to Charlie). Originally we had an appointment at the Vet's but then decided on to have a Vet come to the house. Charlie hated the Vets (as do all animals). He knew when he was there and would refuse to get out of the car. We didn't want him last moments to be scary and stressful.

The lady who came over was so wonderful. Charlie thought she was just a guest and was very comfortable with her. She made a horrible time not as awful and Charlie got to go to sleep with all of us surrounding him. Was very peaceful. Wish we could have waited a bit but they said the tumor could rupture at any time and then he would be in a lot of pain. Didn't want that to happen.

This is the first time in over 25 years that we don't have a dog in the house. Feels very strange. I'm sure once we grieve a bit more for Charlie - we will look at getting another Golden. Even though I could do without all the fur - they sure do bring a lot of happiness to the family.

Sad news... we had to put down Charlie, our golden retriever on Saturday. He was only 10. Thought we would have more years with him. He was acting off, so we took him to the vet. They did some tests and called back and wanted to do more tests and an ultrasound. Found out on Thursday he had a large tumor and cancer and bleeding internally. We were shocked.

DD20 came home from college (she was so attached to Charlie). Originally we had an appointment at the Vet's but then decided on to have a Vet come to the house. Charlie hated the Vets (as do all animals). He knew when he was there and would refuse to get out of the car. We didn't want him last moments to be scary and stressful.

The lady who came over was so wonderful. Charlie thought she was just a guest and was very comfortable with her. She made a horrible time not as awful and Charlie got to go to sleep with all of us surrounding him. Was very peaceful. Wish we could have waited a bit but they said the tumor could rupture at any time and then he would be in a lot of pain. Didn't want that to happen.

This is the first time in over 25 years that we don't have a dog in the house. Feels very strange. I'm sure once we grieve a bit more for Charlie - we will look at getting another Golden. Even though I could do without all the fur - they sure do bring a lot of happiness to the family.
I'm soooooooooooooo sorry, this breaks my heart.

I’m so so sorry.

I’m sorry. That sounds awful 😕

I'm so sorry! We had a golden too and I so miss her all these years later. I love our dogs now but there is something about a Golden!

sorry to hear my buddy passed of 16 years in December I don't think ill ever get over it.

I'm so sorry! We had a golden too and I so miss her all these years later. I love our dogs now but there is something about a Golden!

There sure is. They are so sweet. It is going to be hard to find another like him. He was so good. Never barked. Stayed in the yard (not fenced). Slept in our bedroom and didn't get up until we got up. Never chewed on anything. My DH works at a Marina and he went to work with him everyday since he was a puppy (except in the summer when there were too many people) He loved riding on the boats or the travel lift. He was just so easy...

I know we will get another one - just not looking forward to the puppy/training stage again...

I'm sorry for your loss. My friend lost her golden to cancer last year. He was 2. 😢

I don't know how useful this is, but I just realized that Disney resorts are on the BofA travel portal. I compared some prices and unfortunately the ones I checked are inflated. If they ever add a multiplier to their cards for hotels, it might be make sense to use the portal.

The IRS is more than weeks behind. I filed paper last year (long story) and in January they sent me a notice saying I had a credit, in the amount of the check I sent last year, and no return filed. The credit would not be held and they would keep the money if I didn’t send my return. Upon calling I was told essentially they were kidding bc they did have my return and they would hold my money until my return was processed. They have not processed my return from March 2021. They told me to give them 16 more weeks. This year I efiled but return was rejected because last year’s AGI could not be verified because of course they have not processed last year’s return.

We filed this year and already have our refunds. But DD got this same message regarding last year's taxes. They said she never filed (she did) and yet they seem to have a credit on her account in the exact amount of the check that was mailed in with her taxes. She called and they told her to file again. :headache:

Hilton experts: If I book a room at the standard points rate, can I convert that to a free night certificate? I need one night in Vegas for this summer and the Waldorf has the rooms we would need but I would have to apply my husband for a Hilton card for the FNC sub. Thanks so much.

I am so sorry. I know how incredibly special Goldens are. I miss mine to this day and it has been years now.

Went to Staples with my new AU CIC and the $800 transaction was declined. Ended up using a non-MSR CIC… ugh. Then went to Target and the card was also declined there 😭… at least I was able to use the GCs from Staples. We won’t have an issue meeting the MSR, but ugh. I should have called while I was there, no line behind me but I panicked.
my CIU bsies was declined for walmart gift cards I called, tried again, called again, tried again. still can't get them. couldn't reload my DD app either. answered the fraud alert.
very frustrating

sheree

So sooo sorry for your loss. 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter