I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that promo works for Marriott GCs? Have you used it before? I always want to but afraid I won't
get the credit back.
i used the AmEx Marriott promo many times to buy GC at a Marriott physical location. Always worked. Sadly I have moved to a new area and have yet to find a Marriott around here that sells GC.

I’m planning a quick trip to Baltimore to see family and want to see the Cherry blossoms. Flying into DCA on the morning of April 7. Any recommendations on a hotel near the Cherry Blossoms or near a metro stop? I have UR points that I can transfer to hotels, but no hotel credit cards. Rarely stay at hotels these days. Are point transfers 1:1 with Hyatt or Hilton?
I like the Grand Hyatt DC. Easy walk to the Mall.

No:( Not in Virginia. My parent have them in Florida and Michigan so when we visit, we frequent Culver's. I think my mom thinks I'm a pig because I'm always asking for a peanut butter cup concrete, but they are so good.
I always get a kids meal since it comes with a free cup of ice cream. Then I ask for peanut butter cups and they put a ton on it for free!

So nice to be decompressing on this beautiful island! This will be DS’s final “real” Spring Break since public school basically only gets a long Easter weekend. SNA with Hyatt used to upgrade to a family 2 bedroom suite. Easily would have paid over $6000 instead only 150k points.94463FC3-D2E7-4E8D-8CEC-5999AB927A6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you guys not have Culvers nearby?

Nope. Lots of places we don't have in WA but also places I can only go to here since they are local chains.

Checked into the Hilton. Fail on my part for not reading the map right. Was hoping to get a view of the valley but it's of the side of the hill. Oh well. Was able to pick a corner 1 br with 2 queens vs the king suite I had booked. So I'm still happy. Parking is interesting and am hoping I find a spot since I have to leave for my 10k at like 630 and don't want to deal with a shuttle and valet that early.

Looking at my Ultimate Rewards portal on my CSR, the PYB categories have been extended for Airbnb, Dining and the AF until 6/30/2022. Away expires on 3/31 still. Charities is already good until the end of the year. My existing dining charges have already updated the expiration dates

The same CIC and CIU categories have been extended until 6/30/2022 as well (Internet Cable and Phone).

My Freedoms haven't changed (Just Charities) and I don't have any other PYB eligible cards. Maybe someone can check the CSP and CIP and update us?
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea the AF could be cleared with PYB.

Perhaps someone can help me with the math on this. The $550 fee would normally have been 55,000 UR. With the 50% boost PYB cost 36,666 UR. That's a savings of 18,334 UR. I assumed that by 50% they meant 50% of the full cost normally which would be 27,500 UR but apparently that isn't correct and I would like to understand it for the future.

I remember when Culver's was just 4~6 locations, They used to put all the locations on their tray paper, each time we went it seemed like they added another location, several years later the paper was getting pretty full. Eventually they started moving outside of WI to IL and MN then all of the sudden jumped to TX. Now I wish Portillo's would speed up their growth!
Portillo's and Culver's are the only fast food places we really frequent. (And Culver's is not that fast lol, although Curdside is quicker). I've tried some of the other regional chains but not really impressed. But don't wish for more growth, it usually means less quality. :(

So nice to be decompressing on this beautiful island! This will be DS’s final “real” Spring Break since public school basically only gets a long Easter weekend. SNA with Hyatt used to upgrade to a family 2 bedroom suite. Easily would have paid over $6000 instead only 150k points.View attachment 653808
Looks beautiful!! I haven’t been on the board much in a long time. Where is this?

I just got an offer in the mail for 100,000 points after $3K spend for Marriott Boundless card. Is this a decent offer? I haven’t been on the board in a long time and haven’t gotten a new card in almost two years! 😳

WWYD?
P1
11/20 CSP
4/20 CIU
10/21 AE Bonvoy Biz
11/21 SW personal
12/1/21 AE Plat

P2
11/20 CSP (auth user)
7/21 CSP

P1 is obviously open to biz cards. P2 not open for biz. We have about $2500/month in spend with some extra big spend of about $3000 insurance & possibly property taxes (currently paid thru escrow trying to switch over to paying ourselves). Not interested in MS.

Upcoming Travel We Need Points For:
-4 RT to Kauai in December/January (Southwest is probably our best option, they have many options and best flight times; we are open to any SW served N California airport), guessing will be around 30k RR / RT
-Airbnb spend around $1000 this summer
-Possible Alaska Cruise summer 2023
-Late 2023 Disney vacation (4 RT from N California, 5-7 nights deluxe on site, 5 day Dis tix, 2 nights UO hotel & tix)

Current points:
UR's = 0 (just booked some big point Hyatt stays)
MR's = 225k (still have about 5k of 15x spend for small biz and restaurants)
Southwest 108k (105k earned in 2022)

For sanity's sake I prefer to work on one MSR at a time because I am also working on maximizing 15x AE categories until June1. Currently considering:
Capital One Venture X for Airbnb credit and 100k sign up bonus for p2;
Southwest Biz Card to get more RR's and a companion pass for p1;
P1 refer p2 for SW card for 2nd companion pass as 30k RR sign up bonus & 20k referral bonus;
or CIC to get more UR's (kind of freaking out being at zero)...

I am not sure how long it will be before I will be able to book my December to January SW tickets and there is a slight chance I will be able to get all 4 for around my current number of RR's. If we did the refer p2 route we would only likely use p2 companion pass 1x before February 2023.

So all that to say what would you do? I think I am leaning slightly towards the Venture X, but do you all see any other possibilities that would be better? TIA! (edited for typo)
Not familiar with C1 so

the SW business card to get the CP for P1 since it’s been 3 months from the last application

Then the C1 card for P2

Unfortunately, no.
oh boy that's our 2nd card to get pitched this month....it feels strange but also freeing.... Again on the FNC here...are they affected by the cancellation? they must be from last year,don't expire till June....

Back from Mexico.....I'll have to share all the info once I'm caught back up at school, LOL. But after back to back trips where the Hilton Diamond status spoiled me....I can't go back, LOL.

I have to say, w/ all the testing talk, it's a joke! We flew there/back using Spirit (so I got to save my Delta miles). On the way back we showed the gate agent our letter from the doctor about being positive back in Jan and cleared to travel and our positive tests from Jan. She looked all of 2 seconds and then had us fill out the form that they stapled to our boarding pass. Our resort did offer free testing, but I was worried I might still be positive, and then didn't know if somehow that's shared and I'd get stuck, LOL.

This was my first trip using my passport. I can get into Canada w/ my license. And the times I've been to Mexico prior was in the 90's LOL. The all inclusive was great! We managed to get the upgrade to an ocean front swim up room. We were 1 room away from the swim up bar which the BF loved, LOL. While there he looked to see where his points stand. He has some Hilton and Marriott from when he flew corporate and got to keep his stays, LOL. He also wants my Diamond status, LOL. I told him between his flight bennies and my hotel points/FNC we make a great team, LOL. Now to restock my hilton points! I'm only at 330k now, LOL.
ANy good tips for restocking? also a Hilton fan and wanting more....

Well..... Since I'm paring (my AF cards) I might as well be sharing :rotfl2: my reasoning..... recently,due to some medical issues our single income household took a hit to a no income situation. (hopefully temporary)
so far, I've still been able to utilize some built up benefits and points to go on a couple of trips (yay) but since we currently have $0 coming in, all AF cards are on the block right now...... I'll share one thing about this 'game' that has been invaluable (in addition to a 'free' Disney trip last month) over the course of the past 2 years....I focused solely on saving like a fiend,and paying off our mortgage earlier than normal. I used every tactic I could find to turn rewards and points into savings for our household- which in turn was flipped directly into our mortgage. I paid it all off in Oct '21. I used (PYB) around 900,000 UR (at least) and translated all of that into extra payments.
Now that we're in this situation -what a relief to not have that payment hanging over us. I was unsure if I had chosen correctly with all those points,but I'm so glad I was able to do this! Now I'm on to figuring out a side hustle for a while,and removing any unnecessary costs,like AF etc. The one I WILL keep is my CSP bc having the ability to still getaway and have a little fun at no cost is such a blessing! (and use the UR as cash if needed) I appreciate all the advice and cameraderie on this thread...and inspiration for travel ideas!

Portillo's and Culver's are the only fast food places we really frequent. (And Culver's is not that fast lol, although Curdside is quicker). I've tried some of the other regional chains but not really impressed. But don't wish for more growth, it usually means less quality. :(

Our Culver's here does not have any online/curbside ordering. Yes they are slow, there are only three locations here, and they always have a line of 10~15 cars in the drive-though line easily. Portillo's really does have the drive-though figured out. I just wish for Portillo's growth since I am not in the Chicago area anymore and my parents just moved out of that area too so no reason to go anymore. However, I saw there is a new Portillo's and White Castle (Late night snack?? 🤣) just outside of Disney now.

Our Culver's here does not have any online/curbside ordering. Yes they are slow, there are only three locations here, and they always have a line of 10~15 cars in the drive-though line easily. Portillo's really does have the drive-though figured out. I just wish for Portillo's growth since I am not in the Chicago area anymore and my parents just moved out of that area too so no reason to go anymore. However, I saw there is a new Portillo's and White Castle (Late night snack?? 🤣) just outside of Disney now.
We live on LI and have had White Castle here for as long as I can remember….use to go there for a late night snack after the bars in my younger days…I’m over 60 now…lol
No Portillo’s or Culver’s here…we did go to the Portillo outside Disney….it’s right by the Hilton Parc Soleil…we stayed there a week after the White Castle opened and the line for it was insane

Last edited:
As long as the delay was weather. Which I think is the case all up and down the east coast today. My sister's flight from MCO to EWR was delayed almost 2 hours today. They might get lucky and the second leg might be delayed too!
I think they’ll be covered. Save all receipts.(food, etc). They will need proof of delay from the first leg of the trip.
Yes it will be covered. IF they are the ones who own the card.
They need to call customer service for help.
Thanks all for the quick help!

They ended up making it in time to make the second flight at its scheduled time.

Unfortunately, they then had to wait for four hours on the tarmac and didn’t take off until 2 AM 😳

But they made it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter