I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chase combine points page has changed a bit. You now have to type in how many points to move to the other account. I'm curious if those that had trouble linking accounts can do so now?
Nope, still no option to add a new account to transfer to.

The Chase combine points page has changed a bit. You now have to type in how many points to move to the other account. I'm curious if those that had trouble linking accounts can do so now?
OMG, I just went to move a few of DH's biz points (his have always gone to my CFU for some reason), clicked on my CFU, and got a message that this card has been removed! Shoot, not sure what happened. It's gone. Guess I will have to try to SM.

A while back someone here posted a way to combine biz & personal logins so points could be transferred between easily, not sure I can find it. Off to google.

OK, found it on the Chase site - it was easy to link his biz & personal logins and transfer between them. Not sure what will happen next time I try to transfer my URs to his CSR, will cross that bridge down the road.

Last edited:
What is the recommended spacing between a Chase Business card and a Chase Personal card? P2 is 3 months past last CIU as of 3/27 and I am currently working on my CIU. We have a big spend coming up and are tossing around the idea of P2 getting both the biz & personal version of the IHG card.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thank you, that was my blog. Back in the day a significant amount of my readership came from this forum. I was only able to do all that travelling from the tricks she learned here so I plan to monitor this forum going forward to try to learn the trade. My mom kept so many of our family financial strategies and accounts in her head and we are realizing it is going to be difficult to keep things going since none of the rest of us knew half of what her "credit card schemes" entailed.
We are here to help with any questions. Hopefully there are some kinds of records of points balances she may have had, as some of these can be worth quite a bit. Access to emails she had may help find some of them.

The biggies are American Express Membership Rewards (for airline transfers to many different airlines, Chase Ultimate Rewards for Airlines, Hotels and even cash out, and probably Southwest Airlines rapid rewards and companion pass.

Then hotels - IHG, Hyatt, Marriott - I know your Mom used Marriott of the top of my head. I think she also wrote reviews on some of the places she stayed. You can search her user name and that may give some clues. In some cases families/spouse can share points accounts by transferring them, such as with Chase ultimate rewards.

So, when you are ready, just check page one and list what you have and what you want to accomplish.

On a personal note, I loved your writing and hope that it has become your career!

What is the recommended spacing between a Chase Business card and a Chase Personal card? P2's is 3 months past last CIU as of 3/27 and I am currently working on my CIU. We have a big spend coming up and are tossing around the idea of P2 getting both the biz & personal version of the IHG card.

Thanks
Recommended spacing is still 3 months between all Chase cards. But if you have a higher velocity once in a while it is probably ok. When I got my SW CP, I did a Biz card first and then a Personal one a month later. Just remember to do the Biz first because you'll likely be declined if you don't wait 30 days between applications.

Opened SW Biz on 1/7/22 and SW Plus on 1/25/22. Has enough time passed where I can apply to a Chase Ink Cash?
Most here err on the side of caution and do about every three months. YMMV.

One of our friends here got shut down by Chase. We haven't seen @Andysol in quite a while, and I'm sure he's bounced back with other cards from Amex and Citi and others.

Still, if you are using UR's to fund your dreams, it might be a good idea to be reasonably careful.

We don't talk 'shutdown' much here, but it's a real thing, and probably more real to those who frequent Reddit.

If I book my daughter a main cabin ticket on Delta (one way) and the price drops, can I cancel, get my money back and rebuy it? She's looking to fly back to DFW when here BFFs fam comes to Michigan this summer. They booked Delta. It's $209 right now for the one way. UGH.
Only if you buy a main cabin refundable ticket. With a regular main cabin ticket you'd get an e-credit that works like SW TF. If you could book it on points you would be able to cancel, get your points back and rebook.

Thank you, that was my blog. Back in the day a significant amount of my readership came from this forum. I was only able to do all that travelling from the tricks she learned here so I plan to monitor this forum going forward to try to learn the trade. My mom kept so many of our family financial strategies and accounts in her head and we are realizing it is going to be difficult to keep things going since none of the rest of us knew half of what her "credit card schemes" entailed.
I was so sorry to read the news. Always loved hearing from her and know she loved her kids and family. Glad you were able to travel with the points she accumulated!

Is snagging gift cards cheap really the only way to cut that cost? I'm looking at $2550 for park tickets with Genie Plus (via AAA), car rental (which is more than the flights), flights (I'd try to non-rev home, lol) and parking at disney. I'd use my Marriott FNCs for the hotel. I'm just trying to stomach $2550 (before meals, etc). I guess in this day and age that is cheap for 4 days at Disney and 5 nights in FL.
This! I am struggling paying $600+ for each 4 day ticket with PH and Genie. For our family of 4, it is going to run $2,500 just for tickets. We have tons of DVC points, but I am not sure I can pay this for just tickets. We have 7 day and AP tickets in our MDE, but I am just not ready to redeem those. My DH definitely doesn't want to go with all the changes recently, but we wanted to take our DDs. Definitely looking at Universal tickets since they are so much cheaper. Decisions, decisions.

This! I am struggling paying $600+ for each 4 day ticket with PH and Genie. For our family of 4, it is going to run $2,500 just for tickets. We have tons of DVC points, but I am not sure I can pay this for just tickets. We have 7 day and AP tickets in our MDE, but I am just not ready to redeem those. My DH definitely doesn't want to go with all the changes recently, but we wanted to take our DDs. Definitely looking at Universal tickets since they are so much cheaper. Decisions, decisions.
The price of WDW is why we decided to go to Disneyland Paris, 3 night hotel + 4 day tickets for our family is $1500 over Thanksgiving week.

Sorry for all the hassle you are going through. I'm doubtful ECBI would qualify, but I'm not an expert. From what I know though, your companion's ticket with the CSR should qualify. If I recall, it's up to $500 in expenses per ticket.

Also, if you do get stranded, always ask Southwest to put you up in a hotel or provide meal vouchers. You may not get those, but it is always good to ask.

The $5.60 for your companion will suffice! I had that scenario one time.
Good luck!
Thank you both. Luckily, we made it all the way to Orlando this morning (at 2:00 a.m.) and did not have to use the CSR protection.

We have NASA launch tix, and after we got here the launch was pushed back until Friday. I decided to extend our trip and stay. I was shocked to see SW had a direct flight back on Sat for a reasonable price (the end of our local spring break week). And to tie it into our CC hobby, I am using points for a hotel on the last night in Orlando. Prices near Kennedy Space Ctr and in Orlando were pretty high that last night, so 30,000 Marriott pts saved me $250+.

DP for late night Alamo rental at MCO: you have to stop at the counter in the airport before you go to the garage. Not fun running back to the airport counter at 2:30 a.m. I reserved a compact and they were low on vehicles so choices were pick up truck, mini van, or convertible Camaro. Convertible for the week it is. Rental car tip I learned years ago: reserve the smallest/cheapest car possible because they almost never have them available, so you often get a free upgrade.

It's sad what it's become. After sharing w/ my 17yo how expensive it is, she's like that's fine I don't want to go anymore. I know she does want to go though. UGH. It might be different if the cost of everything else wasn't killing my budget as well. I swear I'm paying double on all my utilities right now. And of course double on gas too! I need a decent side hustle or something to add more money back into the budget. I stopped taking photos, and the idea of chasing around babies and toddlers has no appeal anymore, LOL.

Found this in Doc comments to pull the Amex Gold 90K + $250 SUB
Clean out cookies/cache,
Brave browser>New private window>Duck Duck Go search “amex gold 90k”> 3rd search listing “uscreditcardguide”>scroll down half way “Application Link”

I clicked on the link and it came up.
Rest of instructions:
AmEx Gold 90k+$250 offer”>redirect page “uscardforum” scroll down the hieroglyphics to windywinter refer a friend> Amex landing page gives you referral from random Asian name.
I looked it’s Cheng today.
Thanks so much for posting this! I tried it on Saturday, and got instant approval! Had my new Amex card delivered on Monday (picked a rose gold), and did my first grocery spend this morning to make sure it worked! I'm now an official collector of MR points!

We are here to help with any questions. Hopefully there are some kinds of records of points balances she may have had, as some of these can be worth quite a bit. Access to emails she had may help find some of them.
She did have an excel sheet with every card she ever had, when it opened, if she closed it, and points redeemed. I don't think anyone has gone through her computer yet. My dad was under the impression her cards were automatically closed when the death certificate was issued. Does anyone know if this is the case and what would happen to her points? We had all of her reservations from the vacation we had planned last month canceled and refunded so she should at least have those points.
Then hotels - IHG, Hyatt, Marriott - I know your Mom used Marriott of the top of my head. I think she also wrote reviews on some of the places she stayed. You can search her user name and that may give some clues. In some cases families/spouse can share points accounts by transferring them, such as with Chase ultimate rewards.
My father was an authorized user on many of her accounts; would that help? Or a history of transferring points? I have transferred points with her before.
On a personal note, I loved your writing and hope that it has become your career!
Thank you! It has just been a hobby the last few years, but I am planning to return to school to study health communications and education and I would use professional writing in that sphere.

My dad was under the impression her cards were automatically closed when the death certificate was issued.
I'm not sure I can help much with the rest, but unless your dad requested the accounts closed they do not get closed automatically. My dad passed 8 years ago and my mom left some of his stuff open to this day. I finally made her close the Discover card in his name, with her AU, last year and get a new one in her name. Any he is AU on I'd definitely log in and transfer any points out that he is able.

I feel like yall would understand my panic today....

Last week I set up a transfer from my "escrow" account to my checking acct to pay off the VGC I had bought to cover taxes. Or so I thought. Today I logged into Chase and see that I have $50 in my checking acct! Seems I did the opposite! Also I just got notice this morning from Chase that I'm over my transactions in my savings acct for the period. I also saw my chase credit card payment for today were cancelled. I was able to transfer $1k from my mom's savings (I'm on her acct so it shows in my dash) to cover the mess I made. And now I get to wait for the transfer to transfer back and the original money too. YAY. UGH.

Back from London. Generally had a great time, with a few snafus. Got to see a great football (soccer) game from the 2nd row with our team winning 5-1! On the downside, DH now + for COVID.
We booked most of our activities thru Chase portal including our airport transfer. The driver no-showed and we are supposed to be refunded. Anyone know how to get those points back from Chase?

Back from London. Generally had a great time, with a few snafus. Got to see a great football (soccer) game from the 2nd row with our team winning 5-1! On the downside, DH now + for COVID.
We booked most of our activities thru Chase portal including our airport transfer. The driver no-showed and we are supposed to be refunded. Anyone know how to get those points back from Chase?

Was thinking of you as I watched the game on Sunday. What a game for your DS to experience and his favorite player scoring as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter