I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of you have teens…my 15 year old got a job (yay! Hope the 17 year old follows) and he will be paid via direct deposit. Most of the accounts for that age seeem to be brokerage custodial accounts. Anyone have a good account in your child’s name, that accepts direct deposit? I’d prefer not to get the deposit into one of my accounts just for simplicity sake. Thanks!!
We use Capital One. I think it's now Capital One Money Teen Checking. Both kids have had accounts for ages.

And congratulations! It's exciting to watch my kids (well one is better than the other) actually earning their own money.

I know a lot of you have teens…my 15 year old got a job (yay! Hope the 17 year old follows) and he will be paid via direct deposit. Most of the accounts for that age seeem to be brokerage custodial accounts. Anyone have a good account in your child’s name, that accepts direct deposit? I’d prefer not to get the deposit into one of my accounts just for simplicity sake. Thanks!!
I also used Cap One. When DS turned 18, it automatically made him the primary account holder which was super convenient. He only does mobile deposits, but I don't see why direct deposit wouldn't work.

Would you take up your last 5/24 spot with the Amex Gold 100K offer? I like the idea of the MSR only being $4000. I'd be at 5/24 until September.

My DH is in AmEx pop up jail or else I'd have him get the card since he's at 3/24 and going down to 2/24 next month.

I really need a MSR to work on!
I would. It's only until September, so it will slow down your velocity somewhat, but not awful. Only 3 months.

I also used Cap One. When DS turned 18, it automatically made him the primary account holder which was super convenient. He only does mobile deposits, but I don't see why direct deposit wouldn't work.
They definitely work. DD's lifeguarding and Chick Fil A money all went straight into her C1 account.

My BIL opened checking accounts at Chase for his teens when they started jobs with DD. He is on their accounts and he banks there, so it makes it easy for him to transfer money to them. That is especially helpful now that oldest is in college 2 hrs away.
There's a new Southwest Sweepstakes game available until June 18th. Link here: Southwest Game

Naturally, I struck out but hopefully some of you will get lucky.
I lost also, but remain hopeful for the rest of the days! lol

Would you take up your last 5/24 spot with the Amex Gold 100K offer? I like the idea of the MSR only being $4000. I'd be at 5/24 until September.

My DH is in AmEx pop up jail or else I'd have him get the card since he's at 3/24 and going down to 2/24 next month.

I used my 5th spot for the 90K Gold last week. Like you, I have one that will come off in September (and then another in Oct). I just did the CIU and CIC as my last 2 cards, so I felt like it was a good card for me since it's higher than the 75K I could get with another Chase biz card between now and Sept. Also, I thought I should slow down on the Chase biz cards for a little while.

I used my 5th spot for the 90K Gold last week. Like you, I have one that will come off in September (and then another in Oct). I just did the CIU and CIC as my last 2 cards, so I felt like it was a good card for me since it's higher than the 75K I could get with another Chase biz card between now and Sept. Also, I thought I should slow down on the Chase biz cards for a little while.
I'm nearly identical to @djmeredith 's situation - used my 5th spot for the 90k Gold last week, I have one dropping in August and have also done a lot of Chase, so thought a little bit of a break from Chase would probably be a good thing.
So yes, yes I would take up my last 5/24 spot with an Amex Gold 100k offer!

Can anyone tell me what exactly you have to say on a call to transfer Marriott points from one account to another? My mother is going to transfer her Marriott points to my account, but she'd rather I call. She's fine with me pretending to be her, but I want to be prepared for whatever they might ask before doing so.

Any thought on mixing Ring Floodlight Cams with a Google Nest doorbell and Google hub. It would be nice to have the same ecosystem but trying to find a use for Dell credits.
I wouldn't do it. We are a Google Family and just got rid of our Ring video doorbell. We replaced it with the Nest and like it much better. Next month we are adding smart locks and a garage door when we move into our new house.
An account has to have an adult on it legally. I had an account at a bank that became part of Wells Fargo, my kids have savings accounts at Navy Fed and I will probably get them a checking account there when it is time.

Can anyone tell me what exactly you have to say on a call to transfer Marriott points from one account to another? My mother is going to transfer her Marriott points to my account, but she'd rather I call. She's fine with me pretending to be her, but I want to be prepared for whatever they might ask before doing so.
Each time I’ve done it I just said I’d like to combine points from one account to my account. I give them the account numbers and whatever other information they ask. If I recall, one time they did insist on speaking with the account holder that I was transferring points from which was DH.

What is an easy way to use the CSR travel credit (GC or something)? I've never had to try this hard before, but we just have nothing coming up. We booked a hotel room for next weekend in Charleston, but may end up having to cancel.
Would the SW air new fare that you can transfer the credit to someone else work? Flights through early January go on sale this week, and you have a year from the flight date to use, or transfer the credit to someone else. Obviously wont work if you cant use SW.

Each time I’ve done it I just said I’d like to combine points from one account to my account. I give them the account numbers and whatever other information they ask. If I recall, one time they did insist on speaking with the account holder that I was transferring points from which was DH.
Thanks for this! I’ll probably try and do it when we’re together then, just in case they need to talk to her.

What is an easy way to use the CSR travel credit (GC or something)? I've never had to try this hard before, but we just have nothing coming up. We booked a hotel room for next weekend in Charleston, but may end up having to cancel.
Refundable airfare works well. Southwest refundable fares are pretty easy to cancel.
This has nothing to do with Marriott, but I need to vent about Hyatt’s archaic points transfer process. I filled out the points transfer paper and emailed it 1 MONTH ago and THE POINTS STILL HAVEN’T TRANSFERRED (yes I’m shouting) 🤬🤬 I can’t believe in 2022 Hyatt still can’t make this an online process, or even a phone call. I need the points to make a booking, and I knew it would take a couple of weeks, but 1 month? Crazy. I plan to call in a few days. Absurd.

In better news, there’s a new Amex Biz Gold offer 130k/10k. It took me a few attempts, but I was finally able to pull the offer up in Incognito Chrome using my referral link for DH.

Refundable airfare works well. Southwest refundable fares are pretty easy to cancel.

This has nothing to do with Marriott, but I need to vent about Hyatt’s archaic points transfer process. I filled out the points transfer paper and emailed it 1 MONTH ago and THE POINTS STILL HAVEN’T TRANSFERRED (yes I’m shouting) 🤬🤬 I can’t believe in 2022 Hyatt still can’t make this an online process, or even a phone call. I need the points to make a booking, and I knew it would take a couple of weeks, but 1 month? Crazy. I plan to call in a few days. Absurd.

In better news, there’s a new Amex Biz Gold offer 130k/10k. It took me a few attempts, but I was finally able to pull the offer up in Incognito Chrome using my referral link for DH.
Oh wow. The Hyatt point transfers I have done have always gone through in about 24 hours when I’ve sent the paperwork to my concierge. But yeah, I do agree that their process is clunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter