I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“DH” applied for Citi Premier, 1/6 inquiries, and was denied. I guess moving on to Barclay Aviator.

I can commiserate as I was denied for Venture X today. Have an old Cap1 card and was able to get the Venture before. 5/24, 3/6 inquiries, 12 open cards. I did notice that my reported balance is really low as most of it is on business cards or hasn't reported yet. I left the do you carry balance and balance transfer checks questions blank.

Or maybe I should stop trying to figure Cap1 out. 🤷‍♀️ Oh well.

On most credit cards that will pay for Global Entry, will they pay each year? With my AMEX Platinum, I paid for my global entry last year, but want to pay for my daughter's global entry this year. She's only 10 so I can't just get her an authorized user card and use that.

On most credit cards that will pay for Global Entry, will they pay each year? With my AMEX Platinum, I paid for my global entry last year, but want to pay for my daughter's global entry this year. She's only 10 so I can't just get her an authorized user card and use that.

It's every 4 or 5 years, whatever it would be when you need to renew.

Do you have any other Premium cards? Lots of cards have it as a perk. Amex Biz Plat, Venture X, Citi Prestige, US Bank AR are some just off the top of my head and I know there are more. If you don’t have a card with a fresh TSA/GE credit it should be easy to pick a new one. And in that case the bonus you’ll get will be the Bonus (and worth a heckuva lot more than just the GE credit I suspect 👏)

I can commiserate as I was denied for Venture X today. Have an old Cap1 card and was able to get the Venture before. 5/24, 3/6 inquiries, 12 open cards. I did notice that my reported balance is really low as most of it is on business cards or hasn't reported yet. I left the do you carry balance and balance transfer checks questions blank.

Or maybe I should stop trying to figure Cap1 out. 🤷‍♀️ Oh well.
WELCOME to the *bleep* Cap1 Club! 🥂

I’m planning three trips to Europe this year. DD is stationed in Germany and we have a new grandson! 😍 Already booked one set of flights in premium economy using points both ways Houston to London on United for a DCL cruise in September leaving out of Dover England. But I need two other RT’s from Houston to Frankfurt or even Luxembourg. I’m constantly checking for business class seats on United because I got spoiled sleeping in a lie flat seat on last year‘s trip. Got it for 60,000 miles one way on a nonstop flight. Don’t mind economy or premium economy seat on the way back since it’s daylight hours. Any recommendations for better use of points? I’m using UR points transferred to United to supplement my United miles I earned with my Quest card. Is Expert flyer worth investing in for traveling on awards? I also have 350,000 Cap One miles to transfer to a dozen other airlines. All this searching for a good point value is exhausting!

AMEX Plat credit is every four years if you used it for GE and 4.5 years if you used it for Pre.

I’m planning three trips to Europe this year. DD is stationed in Germany and we have a new grandson! 😍 Already booked one set of flights in premium economy using points both ways Houston to London on United for a DCL cruise in September leaving out of Dover England. But I need two other RT’s from Houston to Frankfurt or even Luxembourg. I’m constantly checking for business class seats on United because I got spoiled sleeping in a lie flat seat on last year‘s trip. Got it for 60,000 miles one way on a nonstop flight. Don’t mind economy or premium economy seat on the way back since it’s daylight hours. Any recommendations for better use of points? I’m using UR points transferred to United to supplement my United miles I earned with my Quest card. Is Expert flyer worth investing in for traveling on awards? I also have 350,000 Cap One miles to transfer to a dozen other airlines. All this searching for a good point value is exhausting!
united avalibility from what I remember is tough expert flyer helps find availability have you tried using award hacker to search others availability or do you have a lot of United points not ur?

Edit have you tried searching with unlocked expert mode with your united account?>

united avalibility from what I remember is tough expert flyer helps find availability have you tried using award hacker to search others availability or do you have a lot of United points not ur?

Edit have you tried searching with unlocked expert mode with your united account?>
Most of my points are UR. Have not transferred anymore to United yet. Since I have a United Quest card, I do show flights with points exclusively for United CC holders. Don't know how to unlock expert mode?

Stupid question, after my joy rebooking my flight with Chase this week. If a rental car says free cancellation until Feb 9, that means I can cancel and get all my UR's back, with no hoops, correct?

I can't help with the redemption part, but just wanted to mention that the United biz card is at a high offer in case you're interested. Tiered offer, total 150k miles with 20k spend.

Stupid question, after my joy rebooking my flight with Chase this week. If a rental car says free cancellation until Feb 9, that means I can cancel and get all my UR's back, with no hoops, correct?
Correct, cancelling cars is easy. I do it all the time.

Correct, cancelling cars is easy. I do it all the time.
Thank you!!!! Car rentals are such a nightmare these days, I can only hope someday they normalize in price again.

On a side note, why is it so hard for me to redeem the miles I hoard LOL? I have over a million UR"s with 95k more on the way, yet pulling the trigger on 45k UR's on a car rental freaks me out.

I was going to use my Venture X $300 credit, but car rentals that you can cancel through there are over $700 plus taxes!

Really thinking I need to rebook our May Mediterranean cruise. I'm most worried about getting to Barcelona and testing positive. Then I can't cruise, can't fly, etc. Sounds too stressful. At some point dd is going to get a trip to Europe!

And I'm having a new fence installed today and they hit my main water line. It's only happened twice in 15 years. Plumber is on his way but I have no water right now. And technically it looks like the fence company is not liable for this damage. Fun!

I can't help with the redemption part, but just wanted to mention that the United biz card is at a high offer in case you're interested. Tiered offer, total 150k miles with 20k spend.
OMG thank you for letting me know! I was going to get it in the fall when it was 150,000 pts but needed my SW personal card to start working on CP, then the Cap One Venture X offer came along also. Almost tried for a SW biz the other day but I can earn the CP on spending with the personal so this United biz offer is perfect! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter